Thursday, 30 July 2026

Avatar Aang: The Last Airbender Review

 

Avatar Aang: The Last Airbender Review 

So I saw Avatar Aang, and here is my review...I loved it. Like, the animation was great in this film, like some of the best animation I've seen in a film. The film had great action, more lore building, and it's just great to see the original Avatar characters back, even though it's not the same voice actors from the show, but still the new voice actors all did a great job. Roman Zaragoza, I thought he was funny as Sokka and did a great job; Steven Yeun was good as Zuko, but I kind of wish they brought back the original actor; Eric Nam was great as Aang, Jessica Matten was great as Katara, and Dionne Quan was great as Toph. The whole cast was great. 

The film is set years after the events of the first Avatar Season 3. Aang and his friends are building Republic City until they learn about and meet a lost airbender named Tagah,h who is looking for a legendary staff that controls the spirit world. We learn more about the four nations, particularly the airbending nation. 
Tagah is the film's villain, voiced by David Bastia, and he's a great villain. You feel for him because he has gone through a lot of horrible events, but at the same time he's driven by grief and anger for the horrors he saw in the past. Won't give anything away, but you do feel for this guy, though you don't agree with his plans.  
The film is funny, with some great moments, and the animation, as I mentioned, was brilliant. This is a great animated film and the storyline is great. It's very nostalgic to see all these characters and their older versions, especially for those of us around the same age as when we watched the series. Honestly, this was a great film, and I had a fun time with it. Also, Cabbage Man comes back, and spoiler alert: his cabbages get destroyed and voiced by Chang from Community; it was so funny. 
I give this film a 9 out of 10. Watch it, and I also see why the creators of this film left the live-action show. I've been told how bad season 2 of the live-action show has been. 


 




1 comment:

  1. I actually was thinking of watching this this weekend! 9/10 is a good score I'll give it a watch :)

    ReplyDelete