Monday 9 September 2019

What I want to see and Don't want to see in Matt Reeves's Batman Movie.

(Google Images)
What I want to see and don't want to see in Matt Reeve's Batman film.
Plus my Fan Cast for it.


(Google Image)
Now some of you know Matt Reeves director of Dawn of the Apes and War of Apes love those movies, is going to make a new Batman film in 2021. Now this Batman film I'm very excited for and I trust Matt Reeves to do a good job and make up for BVS and Justice League. It's a real shame though that Ben is out as Batman because he had so much potential to be a great Batman. It's just writing and the directing wasn't right. Now the film will have four or six villains from what I read on some articles, as well it be a detective, noir, action, thriller film and one of the ideas for it will be a murder mystery of whodunnit. From what I read there will be some gruesome murders that Batman will have to solve in the film. Which is actually kind of cool I'm down a full detective Batman movie. 
There are many rumours like the film will be in set in the 90s I hope not to be honest, Batman will be younger in this because as you know Robert Pattison is the new Batman. It's also rumour the Bat Family will be in this film and it's also said to be a reboot of the character. I also hear this film will be stand alone like it is in the DCEU but it's a soft reboot or I hear it's going to be a separate universe were there are other DC characters none of them interact yet. There are so many rumours about this film we just will have to wait and see what this film does.   
(Google Image)
Now as some you know Robert Pattinson is the new Batman and I for one was shocked when he got casted as Batman. Still I think he's going to do a good job and I know a lot of people are like remember Twilight? Look Twilight was piece of crap franchise and Robert is a good actor he really is, people need to check out his other work. To be honest he looks like he can pull it off and he is a good actor trust me he is.

(Google Image)
Now first here is my fan cast for the Batman Reboot with Robert Pattison and then I'll show what I want to see in the movie and don't want to see in it. 


Robert Pattinson as Bruce Wayne/Batman
Now I know a lot of people are mixed about Robert playing Batman but I'm going to give him a chance. I'm more concerned if his character is written well in this because we need something to make up for BVS. I like how Matt Reeves is making Batman younger in this film and I think it kind of works because I think what Matt wants to do is give us a Batman that a new generation can grow up with. My only concern is how he write the character and I seriously don't want to see Batman kill anyone in this film.

Ana De Armas as Selina Kyle/Catwoman
Catwoman is said to be in the film as Bruce's love interest which I'm for I love Catwoman and it's also been said that Matt Reeves wants a Biracial actresses for the role. Now look I am for diversity, but I just find changing a pre existing character's ethic background, or gender, or sexuality to be lazy. I prefer creating original characters or using pre existing characters who represent that certain community. Still if I had to choose someone for the role I would go with Ana De Armas because she does have that Selina Kyle look and she's got green eyes. Not to mention she's was in Blade Runner 2049.

Jared Harris as Alfred Pennyworth
It's rumoured that Jared Harris the son of the late Richard Harris who played Dumbledore, will be playing Alfred. I think Jared is a good choice for the role I mean I know he's younger like he's 58 and he's a really great actor and I think he would be the next best choice for the new Alfred.

Nikolaj Coster Waldau as Commissioner James Gordon
For James Gordon in this film he will be younger too and I see an actor in his late 30s to early 50s playing this character. I hear Matt Reeves is talking with Mahershala Ali to play the role of Jim Gordon now I love Mahershala Ali I think he's a great actor and I'm excited for Blade. I'm down if he's the new Jim Gordon because Mahershala Ali is awesome, but I think Nikolaj would be a good choice too for Jim Gordon. He's at the right of 48 and he's a great actor. Also if anyone brings up Season 8 of Game of Thrones look that final season was garbage but he was still good in it just wish they give him a better send off.

Mahershala Ali as Detective Crispus Allen
Matt Reeves as we know is talking to Mahershala Ali about a role in the film from what sources have said it's James Gordon but maybe it's not. I can see them using the character of Crispus Allen aka Spector. Crispus Allen is a detective in GCPD and I think this could be another role that Mahershala Ali could take not to mention the character becomes the antihero named Spectre so that would be really cool.

Rainn Wilson as Detective Harvey Bullock
I see Harvey being in the film and like my old Batman fan cast I personally want Rainn Wilson to play Harvey Bullock. He's got that scruffy look to him and he was funny on the Office and he was that detective show Blackstrom as well he voices Lex Luthor in the DC animated films.

Christian Serratos as Detective Renne Montoya
Now the character Renne Montoya is set to appear in the Birds of Prey movie played by Rosie Perez. I'm interested in the Birds of Prey movie and if Renne is in the film that means The Batman film is set in the 90s and this a prequel to BVS and Birds of Prey I hope not to be honest. I'll explain more of that later but from what I heard is that WB is making more stand alone films like Joker as well I hear that this film will be in its own universe or in a new DC cinematic universe. We'll just have to wait and see what they announced.

Courtney B Vance as Lucius Fox
Lucius Fox will likely be in the film and  as we all know Lucius Fox design of all Batman's gear and he's CEO of Wayne Enterprises. I think they could also set up Batwing in the film too if they mention his son.

Rachel Hurd Wood as Vicki Vale
 I don't if Vicki will be in the film or not but hey it might be cool to see this character again on the big screen.

Domhnall Gleeson as Edward Nigma/The Riddler
The Riddler is said to be the main villain of the film and I like that idea a lot.  Riddler needs to get a good big screen treatment were he's in not in tights. I see them making this Riddler be more like DC Rebirth version mixed with the New 52 version. I don't know if Riddler will be the main villain but I am hoping he is.

Andy Serkis as Oswald Cobblepot/The Penguin
The Penguin has been rumoured for awhile but it is likely true that the character will be in the film and is said to be the secondary villain in the film. I really want Andy Serkis to play Penguin he just seems like the right choice, now the casting age rate for character according to one source is an actor in his 20s to 40s. I personally really want Andy Serkis to play this character if not I would go with Nick Frost for the role.

Jacob Anderson as Garfield Lyns/Firefly
Firefly is another villain said to appear in the film likely to be there for Batman fight he will either be a henchman to Riddler or Penguin.

Mackenzie Crook as The Mad Hatter.
The Mad Hatter is another rumoured villain to be in the film and he will likely be a small villain that works for either Penguin or Riddler.

Oscar Issac as Harvey Dent/Two-Face
Two Face is also said to be in the film as one of the villains and it's likely he's already Two Face because the film everyone will already be established.

Now thats my fan cast for the upcoming The Batman movie and now here is what I want and don't want to see in the Batman movie.


10. I want to see a full detective Batman film.
(Google Image)
Now Batman is known as the greatest detective in the world and I want this film not just to be dark and gritty superhero film but also show more of Batman's detective skills. I think it's time for a Batman movie thats more Sherlock Homes but still dark and gritty.

9. Don't retell his origin story.
Now we all know Batman's origin and we all know parents get killed Bruce becomes Batman. We don't need to see any flashback of the murder or show it in the beginning. Take a break from his origin if they mention his parents or he has a happy memory of them and then it ends with gun shots thats fine. Just take break from the origin of Batman and from what I've seen from Matt Reeves is that he's avoiding the origin and he's already having Bruce already established as Batman.

8. Make up for BVS take on the character.
(Google Image)
Now look we all know BVS and Justice League didn't do the character justice some argue that's not true. But it did and knowing WB and DC they will likely have learned from their bad start and try to get it right this time and I'm hoping Matt Reeves does Batman better in this film as well he doesn't kill anyone in the film. Like Zack Synder he just had Batman do things that we Batman fans know the character would never do like kill people. The good news DC and WB are getting better thanks to Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam, and Joker. So yeah I think this Batman film will make up for BVS and will be a great film.

7. Don't have Batman kill anyone in the film and talk about why he never breaks that one rule.
Now this important and I hope Matt Reeves knows this too and not to mention fans at comic con shouted to him "Don't Screw This Up!!!" Matt laughed at them and said he wouldn't. This one thing they need to keep true to the character is that Batman never kills anyone and they should have a scene of him saying his moral code never kill or use guns. That should be address because if you read my article why Batman never kills you will see what I mean.

6. Have the Bat Family already established.
(Google Image)
I think it's time for us to see the Bat family established now even though Robert is playing a younger Batman. We can still have Nightwing, Robin, Batgirl, Red Robin, Spoiler, Orphan, and Red Hood in the film. I don't know if Matt will have Robin and its unknown which one will it be either Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, or Damian Wayne. For Batgirl I don't know if Matt will use her because there is a Batgirl film in the works along with Nightwing film too. I don't know what WB and DC will do but I hope it works out for them and I'm really hoping we have the Bat family established in the film because we are getting sick of Batman and Alfred we want the whole the family this time.

5. Don't set in the 90s unless it's a reboot or it's own universe. 
(Google Image)
Now there are reports that the Batman film will be set in the 90s, this leads many fans to believe that this film will be prequel to BVS. I don't want to see that happen I rather they just reboot the character and from what other sources have said this film is being consider a soft reboot of the character which actually works better for everyone. Now if WB and DC along Matt Reeves announces the film will be a reboot and set in its own universe that works too all we want is to see is Batman get done right.

4. This film has to be hard PG 13 as well add thriller genre to it. 
Now we all know Batman is better as dark and gritty character like we don't want any jokes or light hearted stuff in this film. This Batman film will be a detective noir film and it still needs to have great action, lots of suspenseful moments, and needs to keep us at the edge of our seats. Knowing Matt Reeves he will be taking inspiration from the comics as well I'm hoping from Chris Nolan's Batman trilogy. Not to mention Robert Pattison is working with Chris Nolan in a new film and Chris is giving him tips on playing Batman so I think this film is in good hands.

3. Get Batman's Rogues done right. 
Now we all love and know Batman's villains they are some of the best villains ever in comics. Now this film will have six villains from what reports have been saying and that will be a big challenge for Matt Reeves and DC. I'm wondering how can Matt Reeves mange six villains in this film like who would be the main villain of the film and which ones have the small roles. Like I hear reports that Riddler will be the main villain of the film and the rest of the villains are Two Face, Penguin, Catwoman, Mad Hatter, and Firefly. To be honest I'm glad Matt using villains like Firefly, and Mad Hatter villains we haven't see on the big screen which I like. I also hope they do Riddler justice in this one I want him to be the DC Rebirth Counterpart. I just hope Matt Reeves manages all six villains in this film and he doesn't mess this up because we don't want this to be a Spiderman 3 or Amazing Spiderman 2.

2. Don't set up any Justice League films, but references or mentioning other heroes is okay.
(Google Image)
Now look we all want to see a great DC Cinematic Universe get made but for this Batman film keep it grounded and stand alone. I hate to admit but everyone is getting tired of whole we're building a cinematic universe but what WB is doing now with the Joker film is not having connect to anything not even this Batman film. I know a lot of people really want to see Robert's Batman fight Joaquin Phoenix's Joker and that is a fun thought but it won't happen. Matt Reeves has mention his Batman film will be a stand alone film with no crossovers with Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, or Green Arrow. But what these films could do is mention some heroes outside of Gotham or cities outside of Gotham thats fine like if someone mentions Superman thats okay just don't set up a crossover unless someone has a brilliant idea for a new Justice League film or Batman/Superman Team up Movie.

Honourable Mentions  
Hint at Joker and Court of Owls if possible.
If Robin and Batgirl are in the film cast actors in their late teens to mid twenties. 
Have the film possibly set up a Nightwing, Batgirl, Robin, Spector, and Red Hood Movies.
Make this film a solid Reboot of the character and recon BVS. 
No forced jokes or lighthearted stuff in it. 
Give us a Batman costume with white lenses, Marvel did it with Black Panther they can do it with Batman.
We need a Batman costume with white lenses.

1. Make Batman and Catwoman's romance a big part in the film. 
(Google Image)
Now Batman and Catwoman have one of the best superhero romances that has been good and bad. I feel like WB and DC need to develop their romance in this film and future films like they start out as enemies and things get more romantic and the two fall in love but both their lives have tragedy in them. This should be one of the themes of the film is the love they both have for each other and how they can't be together because they are both afraid what will happen. Not to mention, they have different views on things.

(Google Image)
Now is my fan cast and what I want to see and don't want to see in The Batman movie. I really do hope Matt Reeves does a great job with this film and I loved Dawn of the Apes and War of the Apes so I'm sure it's in good hands with him.
(Google Image)
As for Robert as Batman I think he's going to be great and guys look again Twilight who cares that franchise is long forgotten and no cares about it anymore.  It's still a real shame we never see what Ben Affleck and Geoff Johns were going to do with the character in their Batman film which was Batman trap in Arkham and him being hunted down by Deathstroke. That would have been an epic film.
(Google Image)
I'm very excited for this film and hopefully everything turns out great and The Batman will be released on June 25 2021. I can't wait to see it and let me know what you think leave a comment and tell me what you want to see in the next Batman film. Take Care Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment