Wednesday 15 July 2020

X Men Review

X Men Review 

So in celebration of Fox's First X Men that came out 20 years ago here's my review of the film. 
Now I got to say after watching this film it still holds up its fun movie to watch and it also kicked off an era of superhero films like Spiderman and many more, some of them didn't turn out well but they would get good reboots around the late 2000s and 2010s except for Fantastic 4. As always the cast did a great job playing these characters like Hugh Jackman is Wolverine and this film helped launch his career. Although some of them who were mis casted but it's more like they could have been written better in this film.

Hugh would go on to play Wolverine for 17 years until he retired after Logan.

Now as I watched the film there were somethings I felt they could have done instead. I feel like they should have done more of a Wolverine and Storm romance than that whole Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean Grey, love triangle crap. Now I have had issues with some of Fox's X Men films after this one like when I watch this film Cyclops actually has a good role in this film he's leader and not wasted but as we know the character would get butchered in future films. Also Sabertooth gets forgotten after but comes back with all new actor in X Men Origins which another garbage film. I also feel like Storm could have been done better like I love Storm and I love Halle Berry but I was not a fan of her casting. I really hope if the character is in Black Panther 2 for Storm they need to cast someone who could do a good African Accent.  

(Google Image)
I heard a rumour that Cyclops, Jean, and Storm will be in the line up in the upcoming MCU X Men film along with Havok, Sunfire, Thunderbird, and Nightcrawler. 
Wolverine I hope the character gets his own film series because the X Men need a break from that character. I'm also hoping they will cut back on the Phoenix crap. As well I hope Cyclops gets done right and I'm hoping he's the face of the MCU X Men. Storm I'm hoping she's in Black Panther 2 and I would love the film set her up to join the X Men or maybe she's already an X Man. As well I want Storm be leader too.

As well we all hated those black suits like I get it but around that time the comics costumes wouldn't have translated very well on screen but they could have done so much better. Hopefully the MCU will give us more comic accurate costumes. 

Still overall I really enjoy this film like its very nostalgic like the first Spiderman film. This film is so much fun to watch and it still holds up like the cast did a great job and the story is really good but if I had my way I would have added Beast into the film because I hearing originally he was going to be in the film but they decided not include him till the third film and that film sucks, but Kelsey Grammer was awesome as Beast.  
So overall I really enjoy this film its a lot of fun to watch, its very nostalgic, and without this film we wouldn't have some of today's superhero films like the MCU, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and many more to come. 
I give X Men 8 out of 10 and a solid A. Give this film watch if you want to feel nostalgic give it watch. Unless you feel weird about watching it now seeing how the director of this film is a horrible human being.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment