Thursday 25 June 2020

My Thoughts On Michael Keaton Returning As Batman in The Flash Film

Michael Keaton is Batman again.

Now if you haven't heard or have, Michael Keaton is going to be Batman again. I mean everyone dream of him coming back and them giving him a proper send off because his Batman film series didn't get a proper ending or fans are hoping Michael comes back for a Batman Beyond film.
Now this news has may many fans happy and apparently Michael's return will have a bigger role in the DCEU because he's rumoured to be the Nick Fury of the DCEU. Which I think is really cool and I don't know what DC is doing but hopefully this will work out for them.
(Google Image)
Even at 68 Michael can still play a bad ass Old Man Batman.

Now here are my thoughts on Michael Keaton returning as Batman. First I want to say I think its amazing their getting him to play Batman again well a retired Bruce Wayne most likely. I love him as Batman like he is one of the best Batman actors and I love Batman 89 childhood favourite of mine and I loved Batman Returns too. This upcoming Flash film from what I heard will involve the multiverse so this Batman is Tim Burton's Batman because at first people thought he was going to play Flashpoint Thomas Wayne/Batman but they have now announce that Flashpoint Batman won't be in the film. They are going with Michael Keaton's Batman instead like legit.  I don't know what role he will play besides being a possible a Nick Fury of the DCEU and I don't know what this Flash movie plot is I hear its Flashpoint but it will have a different take on it.

One thing that will be interesting is this film will be somewhat of the lost third film of Tim Burton's Batman film series. Now there are all sorts of ideas and theories of what could have happen to Michael Keaton's Batman after Batman Returns. Also me and many others are hoping we will see a Batman Beyond with Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne.
Here's what I think happened to Keaton's Batman after Batman Returns and what role he would play in the Flash film.


First Idea and Theory on what happen to Keaton's Batman after Batman Returns.
First Theory is Bruce continued to fight crime as Batman for many years he fought against Riddler, Two Face, Bane, Poison Ivy, Mr. Freeze, Man Bat, Scarecrow, Killer Croc, Mad Hatter, and Harley Quinn. He eventually recruited Dick Grayson aka the first Robin and Barbara Gordon aka Batgirl.
(Google Image)
Dick Grayson is whom he took as his ward after his parents death at the hands of Tony Zucco, he trained Dick and Dick became Robin The Boy Wonder. Later on he eventually become Nightwing and left Gotham for Bludheaven.
(Google Image)
Bruce then recruited Barbara Gordon and she became Batgirl, in this version Barbara Gordon is the granddaughter of Jim Gordon instead of his daughter. The actor who played Jim Gordon in the old films was like in his 60s so I would make her the granddaughter instead it makes more sense.

So for many years they fought crime together until Dick gave up on being Robin and he became Nightwing. Eventually Dick left Gotham to live in Bludheaven he wanted to be his own hero and he wanted to get out of Bruce's shadow. Barbara remained at Bruce's side until she was crippled by the new Joker. Barbara would go on to be the new commissioner of Gotham after she recovered from her injury but decided not to be Batgirl again but to purse a career as a police officer like her grandfather. So Bruce looses Dick and Barbara even though Dick still continued to fight crime as Nightwing they never really speak to each other.

(Google Image)
The deaths of Alfred and Jason Todd are two of the main reasons why he quits. 

Later on Bruce eventually took in Jason Todd and made him the new Robin but we all know were this going he was eventually murder by a new Joker. Jason's death had huge impact on Bruce and he realized he should never place this burden on anyone. Bruce was also getting older too to the point he wasn't sure he couldn't do this anymore and the day gave up being Batman was the day Alfred died. Alfred died of old age and his death has a huge impact on Bruce because he has lost his father figure in his life. So he quits being Batman because he's now too old and Alfred is dead as well Jason's death haunted him for many years.
(Google Image)
So Bruce would be in late 60s most likely 70s now. However, even though he quit being Batman eventually he saw how much the city was suffering now from crime. Bruce realizes Gotham needs a Batman. Eventually Bruce would meet a young man named Terry McGinnis. Terry becomes the new  Batman with as Bruce as his mentor.
I could see them doing like basically do a Batman Beyond somewhat idea were Bruce is the mentor to the new Batman. Terry would have the same origin where he's young man in his late teens or early twenties. His father is murder by Derek Powers and Jokers, he lives with his mom and little brother. However, its likely they will change some of Terry's origin like I don't see the whole Amanda Waller created a clone of Batman to replace Bruce Wayne either if he dies or gets retires. Instead I can see them doing this were Terrys learns that he is in fact Bruce Wayne's son and his mother is actually Selina Kyle aka Catwoman.
Let me explain, you see Catwoman after Batman Returns was still alive and committing crimes but she still had feelings for Bruce and he still care about her too. One night the two of them reunited and they ended up sleeping together and eventually Selina left Gotham for good and she became pregnant. She gave birth to a baby boy but she couldn't bring herself to raise him so she put him up for adoption and he was adopted by Warren and Mary McGinnis. I think likely in the film Terry doesn't know yet that he is actually Bruce's son but if they do a spin off they could dive into that.

I'm hoping we are getting Batman Beyond.
So this what I think happened to Michael Keaton's Batman after Batman Returns and I think we will see him retired now and he's now a mentor to Terry whose is the new Batman. Bruce will likely already know Terry is his son but won't reveal it to him not yet.
I am hoping this Flash film will set up a Batman Beyond Movie series because Robert Pattionson's can be the main stream Batman films and this one can be in its own separate universe were we would have someone else as Batman.


Now as of this Flash film it is likely going to recon the DCEU after you know BVS, Suicide Squad, and Justice League. This film might have Flash travel to different realties maybe because either he's exploring the multiverse or maybe Reverse Flash is messing with reality he has to stop him. I can see this film expanding on the multiverse and it could lead spin offs like a Batman Beyond film with Michael Keaton. Also its likely the Flash film will recon the main stream DCEU films like I wouldn't be surprise if the film ends with Flash talking to Batman now played by Robert Pattison instead of Ben Affleck. I think Michael's Batman will inspire Flash or help Flash stop Reverse Flash from whatever he is he's doing depending if Reverse Flash is the villain of the film.
I think Flash will likely team up with this Bruce Wayne and Terry to save the multiverse most likely.
(Google Image)
So those are my thoughts on Michael Keaton coming back and what I think the Flash film will be about. I don't think Ezra Miller is coming back because after he attacked that girl from Iceland I have feeling WB might just re cast him. I hope they do because I don't think he was a good choice to play Flash he just didn't do it for me and he looks like nothing like Barry Allen too. So if they do re cast Ezra I'm fine with that but don't get me wrong I still think Ezra Miller is a good actor and I've seen him in other movies he's a really talent guy but he's just not Flash to me. 

Still what do you think of Michael Keaton coming back as Batman are you excited? Like do you think his Batman will be like and what role do you think he will play. Let me know leave a comment and tell me what you think.




No comments:

Post a Comment