Wednesday 12 January 2022

Eternals Review

 

My Review of Eternals 


So I finally saw Eternals, and here is my review of it....this film was so dull and boring. There's a reason it's a Marvel's first film to get bad write-ups. I could not connect with the characters in this film, and I just couldn't get into the story. I mean, sure, the special effects and visuals were outstanding, I will admit that, but the film itself is boring. Like plot is a bit confusing and drags on, but this film is just not that good. Its characters are just bland and not good. 

Like the Eternals are an unknown group in Marvel, they were created by the late great Jack Kirby, but this film doesn't capture the magic he made. The film's cast did a good job, and I will say the diversity and representation are good, but the main problem is the characters are not that interesting, and the story doesn't work. Still, I did like Kingo, but everyone else I found was bland, and the main character Sersi she, was not a good lead in this film. Nothing against the actress. It's just her character wasn't a good lead. Everyone just wasn't that interesting to get invested in at all. I'm sure comic fans will say the books are better and the characters are better. 
I mean, if this was the Eternals film 
this would have been interesting to watch. 
Jack envisioned this, and it would be really cool to do something like this. 
Most Jack Kirby fans will say this is what we should have gotten. 

I did ask friends what they thought of this film, and I watched reviews for this film. Some of my friends say it was terrible and boring, and some liked it. As you can read, I was not a fan of this film, and I just did not like it. If I was an Eternals fan, like if I had read the books, I would have been angry by this film. 

The Diversity and Representation of this film are good, but the main problem was the characters and the story.
 
Now I have nothing against the actors or the director of this film. I feel like this film had terrible writing and wasn't good. I don't think director Chloe Zhao didn't do an excellent job with this film, but she is a good director. I've heard her other work is really amazing. But you know every good director has their lousy movie once in a while. We got to acknowledge that, especially Marvel Studios. I've seen interviews they don't want to admit that they made a bad film.
I just found this film boring, and it could have been done better. It could have been something epic and an exciting take on the Marvel Universe. 
Also again, all the actors in the film are great. I've seen them in other movies and shows they are all very talented and excellent actors. 
Also, the romance between these two was weak.
Fun Fact, while in development, the film was originally going to be a love story about 
Ikrais and Sersi. However, they changed it though.
Ikrais and Sersi were going to be the film's main leads, but they changed that idea. I think an actual Superhero Romance film would have been an exciting concept. 

I remember one critic said the problem why this film was poorly received was because it's directed by a woman, and I'm looking at this guy like no, that's not the problem, that's never been the problem, it's just the film was bad and poorly written. 
This is just how I feel about The Eternals
There are plot twists in the film that just didn't work. They had no place in the story. I also the deviants were not engaging in villains. I also admit the celestials were really cool in the film. 
A lot of Jack Kirby fans already do hate this film because many view this film as an insult to Jack Kirby's work on the Eternals. I can't blame them because this film isn't how Jack Kirby would imagine it on the big screen. 
This film could have been better or more enjoyable.

I give Eternals 4 out of 10. If you like this film, that's fine, but I just don't like this film at all because of the story, characters, and like how this film was made. I admit the post-credit scenes were exciting and set up a bigger world. Still, this movie was boring and bad.  

Another big disappointment was Black Knight. He doesn't become Black Knight in the film. Originally Black Knight was supposed to play a significant role in the movie, but that got scrapped. Now I know Marvel does have big plans for the character. I know they are setting him up for future films or maybe even a Black Knight film or show.  It would be cool to have this character show up or something. It would have made the movie more exciting.




No comments:

Post a Comment