Friday 21 October 2022

Black Adam Review

My Black Adam review.

So I saw Black Adam last night, and here's my review of it...It was fun. I will admit this movie is not as good as Shazam, but overall it's fun. It just doesn't capture the same magic as Shazam did. 

When they meet it will be an epic fight.

This film focus on Adam being freed by a woman Adrianna Tomaz who says the words to release him from his prison because she wants to free her country and get rid of an evil crown called the Crown of Sabbac. Adam's origin is just like in the comics. He was a slave and then got the power of SHAZAM. There was some bad pacing to the film, and some jokes didn't work, but overall, the action scenes, the acting, and the visuals were good. 

Now the film's cast starts with Rock, who has been committed to this role since the 2000s. 

The Rock does a great job playing Adam like he comes across as intimidating and dangerous. 
There were some cool moments with him, and he came across as a badass. 
The Rock was born to play this character, and I hope to see more of him as Black Adam in future films.

Now the rest of the cast did a good job, and I think the best characters in the film were Hawkman and Dr. Fate.
Now, this film introduces the Justice Society. 
DC's first Superhero team before the Justice League.
We are introduced to Hawkman, Dr. Fate, Atom Smasher, and Cyclone.


Now Hawkman played Aidis Hodge does a great job playing the role.
 Hawkman was my second favorite character in the film. I loved the costume, and he does come across as a more serious Iron Man-type character. Hawkman is also shown to be a good leader to the JS, and I love his interactions with the team, and his fight scenes with Black Adam are fun to watch.
I especially love his line. "Heroes don't kill." 

Dr. Fate, played by Pierce Brosnan, does a good job playing Dr. Fate. He comes across as a Gandalf-type character, and he's a powerful character. I also loved the look of Dr. Fate. It's pretty cool. Pierce does a great job playing this character, and it's likely he's been Dr. Fate for years, even longer.

Now the other two members are Atom Smasher and Cyclone. 
Played by Noah Centineo and Quintessa Swindell. 
I feel these two are there just to be shipped together because they hint at a romance between them. 
I feel like these two didn't get any good action scenes, and the original Atom Smasher is played by Henry Winkler, which is a funny and weird cameo. 
 I will admit Atom Smasher's mask looked just like Deadpool's mask.


The other cast members did a good job, like Sarah Shahi, played by Adrianna Tomaz, and Amon Tomaz, played by Bodhi Sabongui. 
She did a great job. Her character was well-written, and I like this character a lot. She's trying to free her country and protect her son. In the comics, she does get powers, so maybe we will see that in a future film. 
Her son Amon is a well-written character. I like the idea he sees Adam as a father in his life after losing his own father. I think they will set him up to become Osiris in a future film. 
These two basically fill in as Black Adam's foster family, like Billy Batson had with his foster family. 


Also, the film's villain, Marwan Kenzari, who played Jafar in the live-action, is a pretty good villain, and I was shocked to learn why he's the villain and why he wants the crown of Sabbac. 

Overall, I had fun with this movie. it had some issues like pacing, and some of the scenes kept dragging on. However, I still enjoy this film. It's a fun movie, and who doesn't love The Rock. 
I give this movie 7 out of 10. It's not as good as Shazam, but hey, I look forward to seeing Black Adam fight Shazam.
Black Adam is going to beat the shit out of Shazam. 
Also excited to see Shazam Fury of the Gods.

That's my review of Black Adam. Let me know what you think.
Leave a comment.

Now, here's what I want to see in the future. Heads up, Spoilers from the film are in this. So skip this part!









5. A Justice Society film will likely happen.
Now it is likely we will see more of the Justice Society of America film, and no doubt they will bring back Hawkman, Cyclone, Atom Smasher, and Dr. Fate with a new host. I think we will get a Justice Society film and I hope they add more well-known members. I would like to see Hourman, Star Girl, Sandman, and maybe Alan Scott and Jay Garrick on the team. Also, if you do a Justice Society film set in the 1940s during WW2, give Atom Smasher and Cyclone more scenes and give them moments to shine in the movie. 

4. Dr. Fate will return with a new host.
In the movie, Kent Nelson, Dr. Fate, dies in the end because he doesn't want Hawkman to die. After all, they are their best friends and are like brothers. So you know the Justice Society has been around for a long time. Even though Kent is dead doesn't mean Dr. Fate will die too. Dr. Fate is the helmet, and there have been more than eight hosts of the helmet. So I think we will see someone else become Dr. Fate but also I believe Pierce Brosnan will return to be the voice of Dr. Fate. It's up in the air who will become the next Dr. Fate. It could be anyone. 

3. Hawkman movie is in the works, no doubt. 
Hawkman will no doubt get his own film, and I hear there is a Hawkman movie now in development. Hawkman was one of the best characters in the whole film. In the Hawkman film they will no doubt have Hawkwoman in the movie because she was going to be in the Black Adam film, but they decided to save her for another movie. I think the film will be an origin story or set after Black Adam. It focuses on Hawkman fighting against Shadow Thief or Set. We shall see what they do because I loved this character in the film. Maybe explore the Nth Metal as well. Also, there was one scene where Hawkman says he doesn't fear death, so they explore his powers of reincarnation because that's one of his powers. 


2. This film had Henry Cavil return as Superman.
Yes, people, even if you haven't seen the film, Henry Cavil is back as Superman. I'm so excited about this idea, and we are getting Man of Steel 2. I would love to see Superman fight. The next film, Black Adam, has to be a well-written movie. I go into more detail on what I want to see in the next Man of Steel film. 

1. We will see Black Adam fight both Superman and Shazam. 
Now we will see Black Adam fight not just Superman but also Shazam. I feel that either Shazam 2 will have an end-credit scene that sets up Black Adam as the villain in the third film, or the Superman vs. Black Adam movie will have Shazam too. I want to see Shazam and Black Adam fight because that would be an epic fight to see as well as Superman. 

So that's what I want to see in Black Adam. Let me know what you think. 



 




No comments:

Post a Comment