Tuesday 25 October 2022

My thoughts on Henry Cavil returning as Superman and what I want to see in the next Superman film.

 

(Google Image)
My Thoughts on Henry Cavil returning as Superman
and what I want to see in the next film. 


So with the news of Henry Cavil returning as Superman after the whole WB drama. I just want to say it's great to have him playing Superman again, and I hope he gets a better film with a good director, writers, and just a good Superman. Henry has come a long way. I mean, he's Geralt and Sherlock Homes. Now here's what I want to see in a new Superman film and what I think they should make a sequel and a soft reboot of the character. 

Here's what I want to see in the next Superman film. 



7. The film needs a good director and writers. 

Superman is a complex character to adapt on screen, but I don't think that's true. You just need to find the right people to tell this character's story done right on the big screen, like Richard Donner and Zack Snyder. (Not counting BVS.) I think three directors could make a good Superman film.

Christopher McQuarrie

Joseph Kosinski 

James Gunn

I hear WB wants one of these three to make a Superman film, and I think all three would do a good job. I would go with Christopher because he's worked with Henry before. Joseph would also be a great choice because Top Gun Maverick was excellent and one of the best films in 2022. James Gunn has helped DC greatly, like Suicide Squad and Peacemaker. He's also working on a secret project for DC, so who knows, maybe it is Superman. So one of these three directors would be a good choice. 


6. It needs to be more light-hearted and fun. 
Unlike Snyder's films, the next Superman film needs to be more light and fun, like Shazam. I would say look at the Captain America films and the Shazam film for inspiration on how to make a good Superman film. We don't need to make it dark and gritty. Make it fun, epic, and a film that inspires hope and never gives up. 


5. I think the film will likely recast his supporting cast well, just Lois Lane and Lex Luthor. 
Now in Man of Steel, BVS, and Justice League, Lois Lane and Lex Luthor are played by Amy Adams and Jesse Eisenberg. I don't think these actors will come back, but they could. I don't think Amy Adams will come back. She's very busy with her career, and she's almost 50. I love Amy Adams. She's a fantastic actress, but I don't know if she will return as Lois. If I were to recast Lois Lane, my two choices are 

Emmy Rossum 
Lilly James 
These two would be a good choice for Lois Lane. Emmy Rossum was great on Shameless, and Lilly James was fantastic as Cinderella and Pam Anderson in Pam and Tommy. If I had to choose, I would go with Lilly James, and I know in my past blogs, I've cast Emmy as Lois Lane, but Lilly would be a nice change. Emmy would still be a good choice because of her performance in Shameless. 

Now for Lex Luthor, I never liked Jesse Eisenberg as Lex. I felt he was miscast because of his voice. Don't get me wrong, Jesse Eisenberg is a great actor, and I loved him in Zombieland and Social Network. 
If Paul Dano wasn't cast as Riddler, Jesse Eisenberg would have been as amazing as the Riddler in The Batman.

Now, if I were to recast Lex Luthor, I would go with

Michael C Hall 

Adam Driver 
These two are good at playing arrogant, bad guys. I loved and hated Michael C Hall as Dexter, and Adam Driver loved his performance in Blackklansman and The Last Duel. If I were to recast, Michael C Hall would be perfect for this role. Adam Driver would be my second choice if they wanted an actor around the same age as Henry. 

So that could happen, but hey, they might come back, and that's fine. I think the next film should bring Perry White, played by Lawerence Fishburne, Diane Lane as Maratha, and bring back Jimmy Olsen, played this time by Tom Glynn Carney, and have Lois's sister and father in the next film. As well as the rest of his supporting cast from the Daily Planet and Smallville. Also, have Krypto, Supergirl, Superboy, Steel, and Superwoman.   


4. Build up the Superman family. 
Now, the next film should build up the Superman family. After The Flash, they will have Supergirl in the next movie as a supporting character or a co-lead, played by Sasha Calle.
I will admit after the whole Erza Miller drama.
I'm not sure I will see the movie because I hate them for their actions.
Despite Michael Keaton coming back as Batman. This film might be a hard pass for me. 
I don't know what type of Supergirl we will get in this film, and I'm sure that Sasha will do a good job.
I'm not a big fan of the costume she will be wearing.
I heard her character will be inspired by Lara Lane Kent from the Injustice Games 
and Cir El. So who knows where this will go.
It is possible now she might just be in one film because she's from a different universe or if she is the Supergirl of the DCEU. That's fine too. 

If Supergirl, Superboy, or Steel are in the next film and if they are co-leads, please don't write them like Marvel's phase four co-leads. You know how they feel forced, they are there for no real reason, or they just talk down to the main character or become more of the film's star than the actual protagonist. DC has to avoid that. I mean, if it's done right, look at Peacemaker. Peacemaker had a co-lead named Leota, except she worked and she's well written in the show, and Gunn still focused more on Peacemaker. The same goes for Vigilante in the show too. 
If Supergirl is in the film, she and Superman need to have a brother-and-sister relationship like he teaches her life on earth, and she teaches him about Krypton's history. Look like the Superman/Batman storyline Supergirl for inspiration. 
These two characters need a good relationship and are much like their fathers, Jor-El and Zor El.
Always being there for each other as they are motivated by each other.

They could also not have Supergirl in the film and just focus on Superman and Superman only. I know some people will say this Superman film is The Witcher if he was Superman because he's Ciri as his co-lead. 
We could see Conner Kent in a future movie and Steel in more films. I think they could tease Conner in the next movie that maybe Lex is making a clone of Superman with his own DNA. Connor could be like a brother to Clark, and he takes him under his wing. If they adapt Connor in the next film instead of Death of Superman, we get Bizzaro as the villain. Bizzaro is the bad clone who goes crazy and kills everyone, and Conner is the good clone who Superman wants help to get away from Lex Luthor. 
If I were to cast Conner Kent, I would go with Dylan Sprayberry.


Steel could also show up in the film too. In the movie, John and Clark are best friends. They grew up together in Smallville, and John knows Clark is Superman.
You could have him build his steel suit and help Superman in the next film. He could be Superman's answer to a Falcon-type character.
If I were to cast Steel, I would cast Gaius Charles.

We need to build up the Superman family and expand on these characters because it would be a great idea. We've seen this on tv. Now we need to see it on the big screen. Plus, if this film follows the Snyder Cut, it likely won't. I think they should include that Lois is pregnant with Clark's child, and maybe the film is about him preparing to be a dad. 
We could see Jon Kent in this film and make Superman a dad. 
As well, let's have Krypto in the film. Who doesn't love dogs? 





3. The film could set up a Superman vs. Black Adam movie, or it could happen before Man of Steel. 
If you've seen Black Adam or not, Superman appears at the film's end. So we could get a Superman vs. Black Adam film, but that could be before or after Man of Steel 2. As well, maybe Shazam 3 could have Superman and Black Adam. We are getting a Superman vs. Black Adam, but I think it will likely be Shazam 3.



2. This film could set up a new Justice League film.
We've all had enough crossover set-up movies, but we could have another Justice League film from this because I think WB will want a better film after how bad the first one was. Now, if we get a new Justice League movie, it will likely be a soft reboot of the team. Now I think it's best to take a page from The Batman just keeps this grounded, and if you want to mention other cities and other heroes, that's fine. 
If they do a new Justice League, my advice is to give them good and bad guys to fight, do a proper avengers setup, and, most of all, find your Kevin Feige, which I know WB is having trouble finding. 


1. Man of Steel 2 should adapt the Brainiac Storyline.
Now, if there's one storyline that should be adapted for the sequel, it has to be Brainiac. This storyline would work because fans have wanted to see this character on the big screen and fight Superman. In Man of Steel, they teased Brainiac, and I think he is the right to go with for the next film. So I think this storyline would be the right follow-up story where Superman faces off against Brainiac, who stole an entire city from Krypton, and he was one of the main reasons Krypton was destroyed, as he damaged the core of the planet. Brainiac now wants to take Metropolis and have it in his collections of cities across the galaxy. Superman now has to stop him, but he may not be alone, for either he will have Supergirl, Superboy, Steel, or Krypto to help him. If they go with a co-lead or not. 
If I were to cast Brainiac, I would cast Michael Fassbender. 




So that's my thoughts on Henry Cavil coming back as Superman.
I got to say this news has beaten the first trailer to Ant-Man 3.
I just hope whatever they do, they give Henry's Superman a good film. It's just great to have him back, Superman. 
As well that's what I want to see in the next film. 
A more light-hearted and fun Superman film, an adaption of Brainiac, and a proper setup for a Justice League film. 
As well I would call the second film 
Man of Tomorrow.








No comments:

Post a Comment