Thursday 1 February 2024

Wish Review

 

My Wish Review.

Heres my full review of Wish, Disney 100th film and like I wrote before this film was a let down. I mean the animation was clearly done by AI and the story was kind of weak. Now some of the songs were good and I did like Chris Pine as Magnifico but sadly it wasn't fleshed out as a good villain. The whole moive just I didn't care for it's story I was bored with it. A lot of the characters in this film are forgettable and I just didn't feel anything for these characters like I have with watching old Disney films. By the end while I watched this film I just wanted to be over and they had all those cameos in the film. They just use memberris for this film but it didn't work. This film was a let down this film could have been better and heres proof.
(Google Image)
This is the original concept and storyline of the film.
The storyline felt like some from the classic 90s Disney films. 

The star was supposed to transform into a boy and would be a love interest for Asha, and one of the songs At All Costs was supposed to be a love song and did come off like that. Disney should give us a Disney romance once in a while. We haven't had one since Frozen. Having a Disney princess have a love interest is not a bad thing. Also, in the original story, the Queen was supposed to be a villain too. We would have gotten a Disney Villain power couple, which would have been a cool idea for this film. However, Disney didn't want that because they wanted her to be more grounded, and they wanted her to be good. Also originally Asha was suppose to be the king and queen's daughter but they dropped that idea.  
I think the Disney Villain couple idea was way better. Also, why is there no spell to save the king from the evil magic, I mean he was a good guy originally and I don't think they read more pages from that spell book. It could have worked better if they found a spell and saved him, and he sees the error of his ways vows to make things right. Would have been interesting idea to redeem a Disney villain.

In my opinion, this film's original concept and story would have worked better instead of what we got. Disney needs to go back to good storytelling and most of all need to do something fun and not pander. Also the scene with the chickens doing a musical scene was so cringe to watch. 

I give this movie a 4 out of 10. If you liked it that's fine but I just don't like this film. It failed on so many levels and that's sad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment