Saturday 26 December 2020

Wonder Woman 84 Review

 

WW84
Review 

So I watched Wonder Woman 84 and heres my review of it....It was meh. Like it wasn't as good as the first film like it didn't have the same epic level as the first one. This film was just long and it was boring at some moments. I mean, I love Gal Gadot, Chris Pine, Perdo Pascal, Kristen Wiig and director Patty Jenkins but this film was just not good. I mean the action was good, the villains were pretty good, like I felt for Maxwell Lord you know he just wanted to be a successful and give his son a good life, Cheeath was pretty interesting villain but I felt like they could have done more with her. As well Chris Pine coming back Steve Trevor I mean I love Chris he was awesome and so was Gal as Wonder Woman but I feel like they could have done something different with Steve Trevor in this film. 
This scene was cool though with the armour.
I will say the armour Wonder Woman wears is really cool and Cheetah's final form is cool but they could have done a little more make more Cheetah like. I do like the scenes with Diana and Steve they do have a good story arc in this and this movie talks about wishes. Like we all wish we could just get what we want but there is always consequences. But the opening of this film was really cool like the Amazon's tournament was really cool and well shot. That was cool but the rest of the film gets slow, it drags on a bit too much, and it's too long. I feel like there could have been something good in this film if they had done more work or maybe they didn't have set it in the 80s why not just set in the modern day world? Or expanded a little more of Greek Mythologically. 
What made the first one so good was the story had a great origin story, the characters in that film were amazing and well liked, the action was way better than 84's, but I have pointed out they could have done more Ares as the villain. However, I do love the first Wonder Woman because help restore my faith in DC and I had more fun with the first film then I did with the second film. 


Even though I didn't like how this film turn out there were good things about like the villains, Diana and Steve's relationship, The Golden Armour, and the action but I feel like the story could have been done better. If they do a third Wonder Woman what they should do in my opinion is interduce Donna Troy, Cassie Sandmark/Wonder Girl, Bring back Ares, Interduce ARGUS, Have Circle as the villain, Let's see Zeus, and maybe dive into of the lore of the Amazons and Greek Gods. I will say there is a mid credit scene in the film that will make Wonder Woman fans happy. Overall WW84 I feel like it could have been done better, I will say the cast was good but the story had some issues and it dragged on too much. 

I give WW84 a 6 out of 10. If you want to watch it go head there were some good things about this film but it just drag on in the end. If you like it that's fine and if you don't fine's too. 
Hopefully Patty Jenkins will write a better story in the future but who knows she's going to be busy working on a new Star Wars film Rogue Squadron as well Cleopatra and I have to say I have respect for Gal for calling out people criticize her casting to play Cleopatra because Cleopatra was of Greek descent look it up. Cleopatra was a descended of the Macedonians and Gal is going to nail it as Cleopatra. Just needed to point this out.
I do hope in the third film they will get it right this time and just make an epic film and have it set in modern day time. Again I think they should interduce Donna Troy, Wonder Girl, and maybe Wonder Woman's twin brother Jason.     


  



No comments:

Post a Comment