Sunday 8 May 2022

Dr. Strange in the Madness of the Multiverse Review

 

My Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness 
Review.

So I saw Dr. Strange in the Madness of the Multiverse, and here's my review of it...I love it. This is my second favorite film from Phase 4, next to Spiderman No Way Home. This film was fun, very trippy, and one of the scariest Marvel films yet. 
The film was directed by Sam Raimi, who gave us the Spiderman Trilogy,
 and I got to tell ya to those who hated on him for Spiderman 3. Let me tell ya, this film is excellent. 
If you're a big Sam Raimi fan, you will love this film because this film gives you Evil Dead vibes. 

This film explores the multiverse and lets me tell ya, there are some trippy moments in this film. I'm not going to spoil any of it, but I will have spoilers at the end. 

The cast in the film was all fantastic, starting with Dr. Strange himself.
Benedict Cumberbatch did a great job as always as Dr. Strange like he is so cool in the film. One thing I loved about this film is, sidelining Spiderman No Way Home was he wasn't sidelined like in the last Phase 4 movies did to their protagonists. I love that they didn't do that because your main character's sidelining lining is getting annoying.  Dr. Strange was at his best in the film, and I cannot wait to see more in future films because he will be the anchor of the MCU moving forward. 

Elizabeth Olsen as Scarlet Witch was great in it, too, like her character. I'm not going to give too much information, but you will feel for her character in the film, but at the same time, you will dislike her character. When you see what she does, you are going to be shocked.

Xochitl Gomez as America Chavez. She was actually really good in the film. Unlike Katey from Shang Chi, she didn't feel forced, nor she was an annoying co-lead. Instead, I found her cool and likable in the movie. This is a character from the All New All Different Marvel era, and that's an era I wasn't a fan of,  but this version of the character was good, and I really enjoyed Xochitl's performance. Strange and America's relationship is well written, and the two have like a father and daughter relationship. 


Benedict Wong, like always, did a good job playing Wong, and who doesn't love Wong is one of the best characters in the MCU. Wong does some really cool stuff in the film, and he's funny as usual. 

Rachel McAdams returns at Christine Palmer, aka Night Nurse. She had a bigger role in the film, and she was really good in the movie. 


Overall, I enjoyed this movie a lot, and I had a great time and loved how Sam Raimi added a lot of horror elements to this film. A new change for the MCU because they need an update. Also, there are cameos of characters that I won't say till I get to the spoilers in this blog. I give Dr. Strange in the Madness of the Multiverse a B+. Go see it, you will have a good time with it. This film does set up a sequel and a lot more.

SPOILERS Don't go down!!!
Only read once you've seen the movie.















Cameos from the Multiverse. 
Thank you, Marvel! John Krasinski is Mr. Fantastic! This film sets up the Fantastic 4 movie, and Dr. Strange mentions the Fantastic 4 were heroes in the 60s. I'm so excited now!!! 
However, I am kind of disappointed with how he gets killed. I mean, maybe this is why Jon Watts dropped out as director. However, this is a variant. Hopefully, we will still have John as Mr. Fantastic in the MCU Fantastic 4 film.

Peggy Carter, Captain Carter from the What If is in the movie. I'm not surprised she's in it but was surprised she could fight someone like Wanda, like Cap. She's a super-soldier. Her death was really gruesome, though, getting cut in half. Wow, Marvel is starting to get darker. 
Black Bolt is, wearing his iconic costume, and I think Marvel is planning to reboot the Inhumans. Although he does die in such a gruesome way. You know Black Bolt has other powers too.
Captain Marvel in this film is Maria Rambeau which got, be honest, the trailer gave that way. If you were hoping for Superior Iron Man, sadly, no. She's still better than Carol Danvers, though. She also dies getting crushed by a statue.
Finally, Patrick Stewart returns as Professor X, and he's in the iconic wheelchair from the X Men animated series. It was great seeing Patrick again as Xavier. 

The Illuminati rooster and Scarlet Witch kill them in such a gruesome way.
It is one of the best scenes in the whole movie.
Scarlet Witch is actually the main villain of the film. I know that is shocking, but if you read the old comics, Scarlet Witch was a villain originally. Like Scarlet Witch in the movie, she's very unlikeable. I mean, I get it she wants her sons back, but what she is doing is wrong, and she does get held accountable for it. I mean, it's shocking because many people think she was the co-lead, but no, it was America, and Scarlet Witch was the main villain. 
I wish Vision was in the film because maybe you could have had a scene with him and Wanda talking, and he talks some sense into her. That could have worked because White Vision has memories back, and I feel like Marvel wasted an opportunity with that. He could have been the one who saves Wanda from herself.
In fact, someone pointed out she's just like the Kingpin was in Spider-Verse when he was trying to bring back his wife and son. She was evil to the point that you just don't like Wanda anymore.

The end credit scene has Dr. Strange meeting Clea, played by Charlize Theron, and this film will have him going to the Dark Dimension to face off against Dormammu, who I think they are setting up as the main villain.  
Dr. Strange faces off against an evil Dr. Strange, and Dr. Strange uses the body of a dead Dr. Strange to save the day. It is both funny and scary at the same time. So if you bring your kids' heads up, they will be scared by this film. Dr. Strange gets a third eye from the evil Dr. Strange at the end of the movie. 

That's the film's spoilers. There's more, but I won't go into more details. Go see the movie. You will have a good time with it, and if you love the evil dead series, you will like this film. 


What I want to see in the next Dr. Strange film. 

5. Have Baron Mordo as the main villain in the next film. 
Now we had Mordo in the film, but it was a variant. Baron Mordo from the last film makes him the main villain or a main villain in the next movie. I meant he is Dr. Strange's arch-enemy, after all. 
 

4. Have Brother Voodoo and Magik in the next film.
Brother Voodoo, I hope to see in the next film like maybe he's a bad guy at first, but he joins Dr. Strange to fight. Magik could be a sorcerer's apprentice to Dr. Strange in the next film, and she's one of the first mutants introduced in the movie.   

3. Exploring more of the Dark Dimension.
The next film sets up returning to the dark dimension, so let's explore more of it and Dormammu. I could see returning as a villain or main villain of the next film. 

2. Strange and Clea romance.
Clea appears in a mid-credit scene played by Charlize Theron. At the end of the film, Dr. Strange decides to move on from Christine after she gets married, and he tells her variant he will always love her, but he has to move on. So I think Clea would be a good love interest for him in the next film because the film is about Strange moving on from Christine. After all, he gave Thanos the time stone, and he got blipped, but Christine didn't, and she met someone new. So I think the next film should have Strange seeing someone new as well I found it funny Christine's husband is a big Dr. Strange fan. 

1. The Defenders set up. 
I mean, the next film could have Dr. Strange forming the Defenders. The team rooster could be Dr. Strange, Namor, Valkyrie, Hulk, and Silver Surfer. It would be exciting to have Strange form his own superhero team that deals with magical threats. It would be a cool idea.
My cast for that movie
Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange
Mark Ruffalo as Hulk
Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie 
Tenoch Hueta as Namor 


Jesse Williams as Silver Surfer  


















No comments:

Post a Comment