Monday 19 June 2023

My thoughts on the live action One Piece and Avatar Live Action Reboot

 

My thoughts on the One Piece Live Action Show.

(Google Image)
So this weekend, I saw the live-action One Piece trailer, and here are my thoughts on it...This show is very iffy, in my opinion. I've heard the show had an early test screen audience, and they didn't like it. So Oda apparently met with Netflix and was not happy with it either. He even told fans that he didn't want the show released until he liked it because he even admits that no one is more worried about this show than him. 

(Google Image)
Now the cast of this show all look great, and I'm sure they will do a good job playing the characters.
I will admit it depends on how they are written in the show because there is a good chance this show will suck. 
(Google Image)
However, I could be wrong, and it could be a good show, and yes, they would have to make a lot of changes and cut a lot of filler. It still could be good, but as we all know, Mangas and Anime are hard to adapt on screen because, unlike comic book projects, mangas are more crazy and filled with the impossible. Not saying they will never make a good manga adaption. It can work, but it needs to be the right one to adapt.
(Google Image)

I will admit the trailer did show some cool stuff. Buggy looks terrifying. He looks like Pennywise and the Joker mixed together. It's excellent. I'll give them credit for this; the visuals look good, and the actors look like they will do a good job. Also, the visuals in the show are pretty impressive, but it doesn't mean the show will be unique and groundbreaking. It could suck. It all depends on the show's writing and how faithful they are to the source material, even if they have to change some stuff, but sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. Cowboy Bebop had a lot of potential, but in the end, it got canceled after one season. Even Hajime Yatate hated how the show was made, and the first thing he said was, "This is not my work."  

(Google Image)
So overall, I'll watch the show. I know some fans will and some won't. It all depends on what they do with the show. The show could surprise us and be good, or it will fail like most of us think it will. 


Now Avatar the Last Airbender live-action tv series.
Okay, I can only say this looks ten times better than M Night's. 
That's all I have to say. Everyone looked good except one of my friends wasn't keen on Aang's look. However, I'll just say this is way better than M Night's. I take this over that garbage movie, but I know the original creators left this project, so there is a chance this show will suck. Also, Aang looks too young in this because Katara and Sokka look like they're in their 20s, and so does Zuko. I will admit I love the scar. Thank you for a proper scar. I will say the casting looks good, and they look like their cartoon counterparts. 
However, a live-action tv show could be good or could be crap. It all depends. 
So that's my thoughts on these upcoming live-action versions of these great shows.
I don't know if they will be good or be crap like Disney live-action remakes. 
Let me know if you think you are excited about these or not. Totally understandable if you're not. 



No comments:

Post a Comment