Friday 2 June 2023

Spider-Man Across the Spider Verse Review

 

My Review of Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse

So I saw Spiderman Across the Spider-Verse, and here's my review of it...This movie was amazing and spectacular; this is the best superhero film this year. I just loved this film, and I got to tell ya, this film is groundbreaking for animation. 

This movie blew my mind away, and they took a lame villain like the Spot and made him fantastic.
This film explores the multiverse, and I got to tell ya, there are some great cameos of other Spidermen, and I just loved this film. 

We see a lot of new Spider-people, and I got to tell ya, there are all great characters.
I loved Spiderman 2099. He's the most serious Spiderman, and you will question what he does, but I think in the next film, we will see him change because, like every Spiderman, he's lost so much. Also, Oscar Issac does a great job voicing him. It's way better than Moon Knight, or as I call the MCU Moon Knight, Beta Knight. Also, check out my Spiderman 2099 Fan Cast and Ideas.
Spider-Punk, to me, is the best new character. He is so cool and so funny. He is voiced by Daniel Kaluuya. Spider-Punk was a fun character. I loved how he was animated, and you loved this character the moment you met him. 
Also, I did like Spider-Woman in this film, and she was pregnant when we first met her, but she's not for long. Still, she's an interesting character, and I don't know if she has the AIM origin. We are getting a Spider-Woman film that will be animated. She is voiced by Issa Rae.
Spider-Man India is a great character too, and he is so funny in this film. He is voiced by Karan Soni. You might know him from Deadpool. He's a fun character in this film, making me laugh so hard. 
Scarlet Spier appears, and he is voiced by Andy Sandberg. I will be honest, not a spoiler, but I feel like they wast Scarlet Spider because he's one of the most remarkable characters in comics. 

Also, Spectacular Spiderman returns in this film, making me want a season 3! 

Now I did love the film's romance with Miles and Gwen, and the film does show Gwen's universe. We meet her father, Captain Stacy, and see her complex relationship with her father. Miles has the same issues with his own parents and basically shows how tough relationships with parents and their kids are. In this film, we see Miles's Mom play a more significant role, and she's excellent in this film. So his dad, too, and I like the scenes when he talks to Miles as Spiderman. 
Also, Peter Parker, aka Spiderman, returns in this film; this time, he's a dad. We are introduced to Mayday Parker. You might know her as Spidergirl from the comics. Peter is fantastic, as always. He didn't play a big role in the film, but I think he will in the next movie. Also, I loved Mayday in this film, and seeing Peter as a dad is more interesting than what Zeb Wells has done with the character in the comics. 
 
I loved the film's animation. As I mentioned, in every reality they go to, we see different styles of energy, and it works. 
The fight scene in this film is entertaining, and I must tell you. I can't wait for Spider-Man Beyond the Spider-Verse, which will be out next March. This film was epic, and I just loved every bit of it. I hope to see more Spider-people, and we are getting a live-action Miles Morales, so hopefully, that will be good. 


Overall, the cast of the film did a great job, like Shameik Moore, Hailee Steinfeld, and Jake Johnson returning from the last movie, and I hope Nic Cage returns as Spiderman Noir. 
Overall I loved this film. This is the best Spiderman movie and the best superhero film this year.
I highly recommend this film to anyone because you will have a great time and I'm seeing it again. 
I give this film a solid A+ and a 9 out of 10. 
GO see it!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment