My thoughts on T'Challa Recast for Black Panther 3
So it's been announced we finally have a new T'Challa; David Johnson will be playing the new Black Panther; however, take this with a grain of salt. He's not playing a variant of T'Challa or a reborn T'Challa after the Secret Wars. He is playing T'Challa Jr. So yeah, they are still doing the son as the new Black Panther. I know many fans didn't want that, but it is what it is. I hope David Johnson does great as Black Panther, and no doubt Secret Wars will age him up as they did with Endgame with Cassie Lang.
Still, David Johnson was in The Long Walk, and I haven't seen him act before, but I hope he does a great job as Black Panther. I know Black Panther 3 will likely have him as the main character, and the film will have Storm since there are rumors of Storm appearing in the film as his love interest.
Marvel knows fans want this romance adapted on screen, and they are giving it to them.
Now, personally, I would have preferred, like many others, that they just recast T'Challa after Secret Wars as the reset of the MCU. But Kevin Feige has said he doesn't want to reboot or reset the MCU. He wants to continue it, but I hope he at least recons a few projects, but I don't think he will. Once the MCU gets a reset, as long as Kevin is around, he won't let it happen despite the bad projects Marvel has made in the past couple of years. Unless something changes and Disney decides, okay, let's just reset everything.
Still, I'm excited for this film, and I hope it is a good coming-of-age film.
I hope this film is good, and I'm excited to see T'Challa again, even though it's the character's son instead. But hey, I hope this film has a romance with Storm, T'Challa battling either Changamire or Morlun, and that it's a good coming-of-age story.
So that's my thoughts on Marvel recasting T'Challa in the MCU. Let me know what you think. Are you excited for this film and who they cast, or would you have rather they recasted T'Challa after Secret Wars?
I'm also excited for Ghost Rider because Ryan Gosling is playing Ghost Rider, and he was always my top choice for that role. I prefer a TV show over a movie, but hey, the director of Deadpool and Wolverine is making it, so I'm so excited.







No comments:
Post a Comment