Friday 16 August 2019

My Thoughts on The Wheel of Time Cast

(Google Images)
My thoughts of the casting of the Wheel of Time Show.

So we all found out who's playing the main cast of the Wheel of Time show and here are my thoughts on what think about this casting. First I want to say I really hope these actors do a good job playing the characters and my only concern if the characters are done right. If Rafe Judkins screw ups the characters or changes their story arcs or personalities then we have a problem. Let us just hope Rafe does a good job with the story and respects the characters and lore that Robert Jordan has given us.
Also if you ask me Rafe should quit twitter when the series comes out.

First I'm going to start my favourite character The Dragon Reborn who will likely be the main protagonist in the next season or two. I see them pulling a GOFT were everyone thought Eddard Stark was the main character and then it turns out it was Jon Snow. In my opinion Jon was the real protagonist if you think about it.

https://www.deviantart.com/manweri
The artwork belongs to this artist full credit to her and very amazing drawings.

Josha Stradowski as Rand Al'Thor
Now Josha is an actor from the Netherlands and I don't know much about him he's done movies before like I Can Fly, Sirene, Caged, and Just Friends. I got to say I'm glad he's a red head he's brown red headed mix. I really thought they weren't going with a red head for Rand. I got to say I think he might do a good job, I hope he can do an english accent, and he does have that Aiel look to him. I think he can pull this off I just hope the character is written well and I hope he studies the character which he's likey doing right now because of this photo here. So yeah I'm going to give him a chance I hope the character is the character we all know and love.  I hope Josha does a good job and really captures the role of Rand Al'Thor The Dragon Reborn.

Barney Harris as Mat Cauthron
I'm going to be honest this is solid casting here. This how I pictured Mat in the books this guy looks like Mat and I just feel like he's going to nail this role. Now like Josha he's unknown he hasn't done much from what I've seen like he was movies and a tv show I never saw like Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk, Clique, All Roads Lead To Rome, and Sweet Maddie Stone. That's all he's known for but he looks like Mat and all I can say is I hope he's a good actor and he does a great job. Because Mat is my second favourite character I hope they don't mess him up in this show.

Marcus Rutherford as Perrin Aybara
 
Now I know it's likely some fans will be mixed about this casting as well Egwene and Nynaeve because the way artists have drawn those characters in the books. I get it, like I don't like it when they change a character's ethic background or gender or personality instead of just using pre existing characters or just make an original character instead. Still what I think about Marcus as Perrin I think he's a good choice and I think he's going to do a good job. Like he's got that tough look to him and he's only known for two movies Obey and County Lines. I hear he got a praise for his performances so I have to say I like this casting and I think Marcus will be a good Perrin, depends though if the character is written well if they mess up the character don't blame the actor, blame the writer. Also I hear at his auction he made the writers and Rafe cry and when he walk out they said "That's our Perrin."

Madeleine Madden as Egwene al'Vere
 Madeleine Madden I don't know much about her she was in that Dora film and Around the Block, as well other tv shows called Picnic at Hanging Rock, and Mystery Road. Like Perrin this was not how I and many others pictured Egwene but I think she might do a good job I've seen her in an interview and she seems really nice and I think she's got this. Like the rest I just hope they don't mess up her character but Rafe Judkins has spoke about how Egwene is his favourite character so I doubt the character will be badly written. So yeah I think Madeleine will do a good job just as along the writing isn't bad. Thats is what I care about mostly just writing but for example, Jesse Eisnberg as Lex Luthor I didn't like casting he wasn't right for the role. Jesse Eisnberg is still a great actor though I'm very excited for Zombieland 2.

Zoe Robins as Nynaeve al'Meara
 Now Nynaeve isn't one of my favourite characters, I really can't stand her. She's so bossy and annoying but anyway Zoe Robins she's known for being in Power Rangers Ninja Steel she played the white ranger and she was in The Shannara Chronicles too. I can see her as Nynaeve like I get that bossy vibe from her in that photo of her. I think she will do a good job and to be honest I don't like Nynaeve and if they change her and make her more likeable I'm cool with that. LOL.

Rosamund Pike as Moiraine (Google Image)
 Now for Rosamund Pike as Moiraine I've seen her in The World's End and Wraith of Titans I think she's going to do a good job as Moiraine. She wasn't my first choice but I think she'll do a good job and Moiraine to me is the Gandalf of the Wheel of Time Series and I hope she does the role justice. Also for the record  I know everyone knows but Moiraine is going to be protagonist of the show but the reason they are doing that is because in New Spring she was the protagonist. It's likely they are building up Rand to be the protagonist after the first season or maybe second season. They are likely pulling a Game of Thrones with this series which I'm actually fine with.

(Google Image)
(Google Image)
So thats my thoughts on the cast I hope they all do a good job my biggest concern is just how they write the story. Thats more concerning I'm too big on some of the changes that Rafe Judkins is doing but I could be wrong and it might turn out great. Still If I could give any advice to Amazon I would say if the show doesn't do well with fans or they get bad write ups, I say just get a better showrunner and writers or just reboot it. Plain and simple but we all will have to just wait and see what happens in the future. Oh and PS I'm still on Winter's Heart and ugh its bad I hope it gets better later.

Also for Lan I really hope they go with Luke Roberts for the role (Google Image)

Also for Thom Merrilin I really hope they go with Peter Capaldi (Google Image)

I hope you all enjoyed my cast let me know what you think? leave a comment and you all have a nice day.


No comments:

Post a Comment