Tuesday 6 August 2019

Reasons why David Benioff and D.B. Weiss should avoid Star Wars.

Why David Benioff and D.B. Weiss should avoid Star Wars.

Now DB and DB these two guys gave us one of the greatest fantasy series adaptions called Game of Thrones...... and they fucked up in the end. I would go on how much I hated the final season of Game of Thrones and point out everything wrong in season 8 but this topic is more about why DB and DB should not make a Star Wars film not because they messed up season 8 of GOFT but because they will likely get screwed over by Lucasfilm.

(Google Image)
Now it wasn't just Game of Thrones season 8 that was a problem for me its just how these two guys backed out of the first day of San Diego Comic Con instead of answering questions many fans wanted answered. I lost so much respect for them for doing that and I know they would have face some boos, angry fans, but they should have just grown a pair and face their fans. My problem with todays directors, writers, producers, and show runners are if they get bad reviews or angry fans they call their fans racist, sexist, or some other lame excuses. Take Responsibility! and if you have angry fans hear them out before you call them out. Now, don't get me wrong I have seen toxic fans who have said horrible things, I'm not idiot but even if someone doesn't like a certain thing in a story they are called some horrible thing without explaining why they don't like it. It's just wrong in my eyes for studios and directors do that. We fans have the right to speak our minds and I know there are those who are toxic and assholes but not all fans are like that.

(Google Image)
Now look these guys are going to make a Star Wars Trilogy based on the Old Republic series now some people are excited to see them make this while others aren't. I get it like after season 8 it is understandable they may not be the right ones to make this trilogy. In fact Star Wars is shit right now like it's got badly written characters, its full of wokeness, its full SJW crap, and it's full of identity politics. Now I know there are people who will likely call me out on this and say I'm wrong or something like that but I stand by what and many people will agree with me on this.
David and Daniel I'm sure their nice guys and I hope one day they will make a comeback or finally grow a pair and face their fans and answers those unanswered questions we didn't get in the final season of Game of Thrones.  I would asked them why didn't they just do ten episodes like HBO wanted? or I would advise maybe to skip Star Wars and write something original. But I've met some of the cast of the show like Jason Momoa, Jack Gleeson, Finn Jones, and Keisha Castle Hughes. They were really nice and I'm sure David and Daniel are nice guys too.


Now here are my reasons why David and Daniel should not make a Star Wars film trilogy.

Reason number one: They will be force to pushed agendas and identity politics into the Old Republic by Lucasfilm.
(Google Image)
Now this one of major problems in the new Star Wars films is that it's all about pushing identity politics, writing over powered characters like Rey instead of making actual strong female characters, shitty on the original characters like Luke, Han, and Leia, and also giving us these new characters that aren't good. Like if these two make a Star Wars film and let's say they really wanted to focus on  story and characters, but Kathleen Kennedy will likely tell them "You need push agenda and you have to force identity politics too." David and Daniel will likely have hard time trying to tell a story without being force by Disney to make their films as woke as possible. Also if they go with a male protagonist it is likely like Solo they will have this character get bossed around or just get wasted in favour of some SJW characters that audiences won't like at all.

Reason number two: Lucasfilm is one of the worst studios out there right now.      
(Google Image)

Now I can't stress this enough but Lucasfilm is one of the worse studios out there. I mean since Disney bought out Star Wars from George Lucas, we all thought things would have been great because we all hate the prequels but no they just got worse. Like when Force Awakens came out at first I liked it but now I just I'm started to see what is wrong with that film. Than came the other films Rogue One I admit was pretty good and then the two of the worst Star Wars films that is on the same level with Phantom Menace and Attack of Clones, The Last Jedi and Solo. The Last Jedi is by far just a horrible movie with bad writing, bad character development, full of wokeness, identity politics, and SJW crap. Solo they butcher the character of Han Solo like they ruined that character. Lucasfilm to me is only about Wokeness and Identity Politics as well trying make us forget about the Star Wars we loved before Disney bought it out. Thats another reason why David and Daniel shouldn't do this film at all but who knows maybe Rise of Skywalker might redeem itself. Still Let the past die? kill it if you have too worst line ever a better line is "The past can hurt, but the way I see it is you can run from it or learn from it." That is a good quote.  Learning from past mistakes is better then killing it. 

Reason number three: If you think the Game of Thrones Fan Base is bad look at the Star Wars Fan base. 
(Google Image)
Now I'm fan who doesn't like Disney's Star Wars and I have lots of other friends who hate the new films too but none of us go online and harass the actors or anything like that. We don't do that we're better than that. We may insult Lucasfilm, Kathleen Kennedy, that prick Rian Johnson, and many more but we don't go on twitter or harass anyone, I don't even use Twitter I don't like that shit. Now I know there are fans out there who love the new films and defend what Lucasfilm has done I know a few people who like the new films. I personally disagree with them and I am kind of hoping The Rise of Skywalker will have them come out either saying "I'm done with Star Wars." or if its actually a good movie and makes everyone happy then the bloodshed ends I would love to see that happen too. But who knows you can't please anyone and who knows what December holds let's just wait and see.  Now if David and Daniel skip comic con to avoid angry fans but they are in for big surprise when they make their Star Wars film they will likely piss off a lot of Old Republic fans if they screw this up. Fans always get mad I've gotten mad at writers, directors, and producers in the past too. Truth is the fandom in Star Wars is really bad at this point because everyone is divided because of Last Jedi. It's hard to be a Star Wars fan and both sides of the Star Wars fandom have orcs. So yeah, this another good reason why they should avoid Star Wars and focus on something else instead. They can be good writers they just need do something more original thats all and not rush.

Reason number four: David and Daniel will likely get screwed over like Phil Lord and Chris Miller.
(Google Image)
Now we all know about the Solo movie and how that film was going to be made by Phil Lord and Chris Miller who are now oscars winners and have given us the best Spiderman film yet. They were going to make Solo and everyone was excited because these guys are good storytellers but unfortunately Kathleen Kennedy didn't like how they were making the film because they wanted the film to focus mainly on Han and Chewie like 21 Jump Street style. However, Kathleen Kennedy and Lucasfilm didn't like that they wanted it focus more on other characters, especially that SJW droid ugh. Now Phil and Chris didn't want that, they wanted focus on a good story and a good origin story to everyone favourite smuggler and his best friend. As a result Kathleen Kennedy fired them and Ron Howard took over as director and did everything Lucasfilm wanted him to do. Han Solo was awful in the film and his origin and everything else was awful. He got pushed around by everyone and the SJW droid was awful and just ugh. Solo's failure was on Kathleen Kennedy and Lucasfilm because they should have let Phil and Chris do what they wanted and I know they have different style of directing films but hey the movie Shazam was a family friendly superhero film made by the director of Annabella. It worked out great and Shazam is the best DC film so far because they got someone who's never done that type film before. I do see this happening David and Daniel will get screwed over because they will want to do things their way but Lucasfilm will likely keep interfering with it and I think Kathleen would fire them if it wasn't what she and the studio wanted.  Also don't get me started on Colin Trevorrow now I know he's a hit or miss director but he wasn't too big on what Rian Johnson did with Last Jedi. He actually wanted Luke Skywalker not to be killed off but Lucasfilm told him to piss off and he got fired from what I heard online. If ask you me Daniel and David should call some of these guys and talk about their experience making Star Wars under Disney. 

So those are my four reasons why David Benioff and D.B. Weiss should avoid making Star Wars.

(Google Image)
Now I want to make it clear I don't hate these guys for what they did with Game of Thrones, I just felt let down by them for what they did with season 8. Who knows maybe they will make a good come back but also I lost respect for them when they didn't go to Comic Con to face their fans. Yes, there would have been angry fans but hey they should have just grown a pair and face their fans and answer those burning questions. From what I've been told these two are nice guys and I'm sure they are and if I met them I would ask them questions about season 8 and hopefully give a good answer and not a good excuse like this
(Google Image)
 I'm sure they would try their best to explain but again in all seriously I really think they shouldn't make Star Wars not because their writing or directing but because Star Wars is just crap right now to me. These guys should focus on something original and let's face it when they make their Star Wars movie they won't have a lot of free creative because Kathleen Kennedy and Lucasfilm will force them to push Identify Politics and Wokeness. If they do make this film I really hope they make up for season 8 and not rush it. 

(Google Image)
These two are good writers but they fail in the end with Game of Thrones but hey maybe they will make it up in the future. Let's hope they do and hopefully they will grow pair and face their fans. 

So those are my reasons why David Benioff and D.B. Weiss should avoid making a Star Wars film. I think these guys have potential to be good storytellers but I think they need to do something more original that will fix their career because if you look up bad writers they are on it sadly. What do you think? Do you think David and Dan shouldn't make a Star Wars film or do you think they should and try to make up for Game of Thrones season 8.


No comments:

Post a Comment