Wednesday 21 August 2019

Why Disney has lost it's Creativity

(Google Image)
Why Disney has lost its Creativity.

We all love Disney but let's be honest Disney has lost its creativity like all Disney cares about is just remake after remakes, reboot after reboot, lets push agenda, let's do a sequel that nobody wants, and they have divided fans over certain franchises.
(Google Image)
 Now don't get me wrong I've have grown up with Disney, I love Disney films they are part of my childhood. My favourite films are Lion King, Beauty and The Beast, Hercules, Aladdin, Sleeping Beauty, 101 Dalmatians, Tarzan, Emperor's New Groove, Big Hero 6, Zootopia, Peter Pan, Tangled, Princess and The Frog, Mulan, Wreck it Ralph, and Sword in the Stone. I love those films I also love Pixar films, I love the Pirates of the Caribbean films, and Disney made some great shows like Gravity Falls, Ducktales, Gargoyles, and many more.
I will say I love what Disney has done with Marvel even though I will admit I'm not excited for Phase 4 and I'll explain later why and well as you know I'm not happy what Disney has done with Star Wars and I'll get to that too.

My biggest problem with Disney isn't just about Star Wars or Marvel Phase 4 it's also the fact they have lost their creativity for original ideas. Now heres my reasons why they have lost any original ideas.

5. It's just Remake after Remake of beloved classics we've grown up on.
(Google Images)
Now this one thing many of us fans can't stand is that Disney is only focusing on remaking beloved animated films that honestly don't need a remake. Now look I know have done a lot of live action remake casts on my blog and I will admit I enjoyed it but now after Lion King Live Action remake along with a few others I decided to cut back on the live action remake of Disney films. I will say I did enjoy Jungle Book and Cinderella mostly because they had heart and didn't just copy a remake they add more to the story and develop the characters better, because lets face the animated Jungle Book we all love it but it didn't have much story too it. Same thing for Cinderella we didn't character development from the Prince but in the live action film we did ad Cinderella as well. The rest them are just cash grabs and it started with Alice in Wonderland that made so much money box office despite the mixed write ups, it still made Disney money. Since then we have gotten so many live action remakes that many of us fans hate because we feel like its just not honouring the original film and adding stuff that doesn't need to be in it. I will admit there are some Disney animated films that need a live action remake like Sword in the Stone I feel like there should be more story to it, also they can add more characters to the story too, also Atlantis I love the movie personally and I feel like that film should get a live action remake because they can add more to the story and develop the characters more, and thats another thing Disney should focus on remaking the animated films that didn't make enough money at the box office as well didn't get good write ups. Like Disney is remaking the Black Cauldron its black sheep and I think that could work because hey it's based on fantasy series so yeah do it. What I want to see from Disney like everyone else is to see them do something original for once because I hear how they are afraid to do something original because they are afraid it's going to back fire on them. Disney needs to grow a pair and just do it and if you fail just try again but knowing Disney right all they care about is just money.  Hell, when Disney bought Fox sure yeah were all happy about X Men and Fantastic Four being back at Marvel but Disney has cancelled most of Fox's upcoming projects they were adapting or original ideas thats sad. Another thing is Disney planing to remake Home Alone which is just an awful idea and it wouldn't work. Not to mention they're continuing the Planet of the Apes films after War of the Apes as well they are rebooting Die Hard. Will this madness ever end!?!
(Google Image)
Doesn't matter to Disney and it's all about the money.
I could same to other studios too, its all about the money.

4. Disney is mostly relaying on sequels that no one really wants like remakes.
Let's face it Disney is making too many sequels to films that we don't want like last year was the year I appreciated the first Incredibles and Wreck It Ralph.  Looking back it I was excited for the second Incredibles or Ralph Breaks The Internet but now I realized they weren't that great. Now don't get me wrong I laughed at moments in the films and there were somethings I liked but in all honesty I just wasn't big on these films anymore. Watching those films again made me realized maybe for Incredibles they should have done a time skip and Ralph Breaks the Internet it just seemed like forced film just to promote Disney Princesses and the first film had more heart to it. Now recently I saw Toy Story 4 back in June and in all honesty I didn't like it, I though long and hard I just really didn't like ir like how Bonnie just forgets about Woody and Andy told her to take good care of him. I know Bonnie's kid and all but still that may me not like Toy Story 4 and not even Keanu Reeves could make me like it. The Toy Story series ended on a solid note in Toy Story 3 it didn't need a forth film. Like theres a Frozen 2 coming out this November and lets be honest it is a cash grab and to be honest I don't like Frozen. I just don't like it because of that song Let It Go ugh. Hell, I remember seeing Coco with some buds and we had to watch that brutal Frozen short that was about Olaf and god I wanted him to die in the end! like it was an hour long and god it was awful.

Now there are Disney sequels that we fans do like here are some and there are sequels we wish got instead, like heres my list of actual good Disney sequel films and films I think should have gotten a sequel.


6. Cinderella 3 A Twist in Time
5. Bambi 2
4. 101 Dalmatians 2 Patch's London Adventure
3. Rescuers Down Under
2. Lion King 2 Simba's Pride
1. Aladdin and The King of Thieves 
See these are sequels we fans actually like because they added more to the story and more character development as well they had little more heart to them.

Now here are Disney films I actually wanted to see get a sequel.

8. Alice in Wonderland (animated one)
7. Robin Hood
6. Sword in The Stone
5. Big Hero 6
4. Moana 
3. Hercules 
2. The Great Mouse Detective
1. Zootopia 
Like these are sequels I would actually be okay with seeing like they can create a new story, develop more of characters, go to places we've never seen, and create new and fun characters that everyone can love.  

Still in honesty Disney needs to cut back on sequels because some great films don't need a sequel. I know they do it for money but unless it's good sequel then sure do it.

3. Disney rallies too much on Marvel and Star Wars.
 
(Google Image)
Now I have loved what Disney has done with Marvel right up till Captain Marvel and whats to come for Phase 4. Look I'm going to be honest I'm not excited for Phase 4 it could be the one that crashes and burns. Like sure I admit I'm excited for Falcon and Winter Soldier, The What If series, Black Widow (Even I still don't get why Marvel didn't come out with this first before Captain Marvel.) Shang Chi, Hawkeye, and Loki. My biggest problem with Phase 4 is how woke its going to be like we're getting female Thor which is like there are fifty years of Thor stories and they are going with that. Like Female Thor wasn't popular with fans and not to mention remember how Cap picked up Mjnoir and used to fight Thanos why didn't he become Thor? See what I mean. 
(Google Image)
Now I could be wrong and this film could turn out great.
If Takia has Jane struggle a lot as Thor and she fails at first but
gets better from training from Thor and Valkyrie then the movie
will turn out good.  

Also look at The Eternals like I'm interested a little but I don't get why they gender swamp three male characters as well change some of their races. I looked up a list of Eternals from the comics there are plenty of female characters and different ethic characters they could have gone with instead of gender swamping or race changing some of them. The Eternals is going to have a gay lead but I got say why not just do an Alpha Flight movie instead like make Northstar one of the leads and Northstar was the first gay superhero why not just make a movie about the Alpha Flight instead? Disney and Marvel's plans for the future are basically they are pandering to SJWS and to be honest Disney just wants to make money at this point they don't care about what actual fans want they are just pandering to people who don't care about the story or characters. Hey Disney instead of gender swamping just use pre existing female characters already or make original characters. Instead of changing a character sexuality how about you use pre existing gay characters or make an original character. 

These are other female Eternals named Cybele, Elysius, Sersi, Athena, and Ereshkigal. Marvel could have just used these characters instead of gender swamping pre existing characters. Also I really think we should have gotten Alpha Flight movie because Northstar was the first openly gay superhero I think the character should be the MCU's first gay lead.
Northstar should be the first MCU Gay Lead instead of who the gay Eternal is.

Now for Star Wars if you've read my past blogs people already know how I feel about Star Wars and all I can say is Disney is not doing a good job with Galaxy's Edge. Still Disney relies too much on these two franchise they don't want to create their own or adapt something else because Marvel has made them billions dollars at the box office so theres no point in them doing an original idea that could expand a franchise. Its actually sad and also the future marvel films from what I can tell they are going down the SJW route like the comics and it backfired the comics and it will for Marvel Studios films. Look I'm all for diversity and everything else but the story and characters should come first and are more important. 

2. Bob Iger I feel just only cares about money instead of telling a good story.
(Google Image)
Now I'm going to say I did admire Bob Iger he bought Marvel and it give us the MCU and then he bought Star Wars and I thought and so did everyone Star Wars was in good hands. Oh boy, we were wrong some will disagree but whatever.  Bob's main goal is just to take money in my opinion me and my friends all agree he only wants to make money and thats something all of us want to do. Now of course Bob Iger bought out Fox Studios and now Disney owns it but he's cancelled a lot of upcoming Fox films that could have been good maybe not. Also the buyout did cost thousands of jobs but I'm sure those people will be okay and look if WB, Universal, or Paramount buyout Fox the same thing would have happen. Not justifying it but you know what I mean but still some of Disney problems come from Bob's choices with films and how theme parks have been going because Star Wars Galaxy Edge is crap. I know Bob is planning to retire in 2021 and when he does Disney needs to get someone who wants to make money but also wants to tell a good story with great characters and give audiences a good time. Don't get me wrong without Bob the MCU would never happen so I do admire him for that.


1. Disney has the lost the rights to use Spiderman in the MCU because they wanted more money.
(Google Image)
Now yesterday we all found out that Sony has taken Spiderman back and the deal with Disney and Sony to share character has ended. It's all because Disney wanted to make 50/50 share of the character and profits but Sony didn't want that they wanted stick with their original deal but Disney being greedy wanted more money. So Sony has taken the character back which does upset me and many others but at the same time the next phase of the MCU looks bad because its look very woke so maybe it is a good thing Spiderman is back at Sony, but its also a major downside because of Avi Arad if he's name producer of the next film its over because nearly ruined Spiderman so many fans three times in row. It's bad either way but Disney was just so greedy in these talks like Sony made a statement they are disappointed in Disney for this but they did thank Feige for everything he's done for them. I have to say my love for MCU is gone because without Spidey it doesn't feel right like he was being set up to be the face of MCU. No one wanted Captain Marvel okay she's bad character, annoying, forced SJW character, and a total mary sue. But it doesn't matter anymore Disney has lost the rights to use its most iconic character in the Marvel Universe if Disney just kept their original deal with Sony none of this would have happen.  So now without Spidey in MCU I'm done because you know my other reasons besides this, sure I'm excited for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3, Black Panther 2, Fantastic Four reboot, and X Men reboot but I just can't get into its like Star Wars, my love for that franchise is dead too.  Stan Lee is rolling in his grave knowing that all characters we never all be in the same movie verse again unless Disney changes its ways.

(Google Image)
So those are my reasons why Disney has lost its creativity and we learn from this that we shouldn't loose sight of our creativity. By coming up with original ideas as well working together to a reasonable agreement we make something amazing and rememberable.
(Google Image)
When Bob Iger retires Disney needs to get someone who wants to make money but at the same time wants to make movies and tv shows that will entrain everyone. Disney also needs to stop thinking what's best for themselves but what's best for their fans, they also should listen to their fans as well they need stop attacking them and look I know there are trolls but not all fans are trolls, don't bring us down to their level we true fans aren't like that.  Let me know what you all think of my blog and I hope one Disney will change and maybe just maybe they can use Spiderman again and hopefully in time they actually get their act together and be the creativity geniuses they once were.

No comments:

Post a Comment