Saturday 10 December 2022

Pinocchio Review

 

My review of Dele Toro's Pinocchio


So I saw Del Toro's Pinocchio, and here's my review of it...it was amazing. This film was one of the best films I've seen this year. I was blown away by the animation; the story itself is so deep and emotional. This movie was excellent. There is so much heart put into this movie, and Dele Toro, one of my favorite directors, does it again. This is one of the best-animated films I've seen since Sea Beast. 
The clay animation is fantastic in this film. 
The cast of this film all do a great job, Gregory Mann, Ewan McGregor, David Bradley, Finn Wolfhard, Cate Blanchett, Ron Perlman, Tilda Swinton, and Christoph Waltz. Everyone was amazing voicing their characters, and one funny thing is that Cate Blanchett voices a monkey that doesn't talk. Pretty funny casting, but it was brilliant. 
Del Toro has been working on this film since 2008.
Del Toro does it again. 

This film was full of emotion and had some funny moments, but it's not like the original book. It's a darker film set in the 1940s during WW2. It deals with story elements of fathers and sons, death and loss, and how everything happens for a reason. This film's ending is very sad. I won't get anything away, but it's very bittersweet, and you will feel sad after watching the movie. However, this is still a fantastic film, and I loved it. Also, this film is a musical; the songs are very catchy and well-written. 
I loved this film, and I got to tell you it is so much better than that live-action remake crap we got from  Disney. Seriously, enough of the remakes of great Disney films. 
Seriously, that remake was crap. 
This is why Disney needs to hire talented writers like Del Toro to make their remakes. 

I give Pinocchio a 9 out of 10 and a solid A+. 
Go watch it!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment