Saturday 3 December 2022

The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special

My review of GOFTG Holiday Special.

So I saw Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special last week, and here is my review of it...I loved it. It was such a fun special to watch, and it gets you into the Christmas spirit. The story is about Mantis and Drax trying to cheer up Starlord since Gamora is dead, and in the past, Gamora doesn't like him. Poor Starlord can't catch a break. So they go to earth to bring Kevin Bacon to meet Starlord. It's so funny seeing Drax and Mantis interact with the people of earth. I especially love it when Drax shits on actors and thinks their worst humans. Kevin Bacon is so funny in this, and it's so funny when he's in outer space with the Guardians. I especially found it funny when Starlord thinks it's Gamora, but it's Kevin Bacon, and he's mad about it. However, Kevin Bacon gets everyone into the Christmas spirit, all the Guardians get gifts from each other, and Starlord gets the best gift of all, but I'm not going to spoil it. Also, Groot is big again, and he's one of the best characters in the whole film. 

This film also has Cosmo the dog in the movie, and she's joined the Guardians of the Galaxy. The ending of the special was sweet, and I'm not going to spoil anything because it will lead up to Vol 3. 

Drax and Mantis are at their best in this film.
They are so funny together. 

I really enjoyed this special, and this special had funny moments that made me laugh. I give this special an 8 out of 10. 

I hope these characters all get good send-offs. 
What I want to see for these characters is this.
1. Starlord gets redemption after Infinity War. 
2. Rocket learns his origin, and it looks like he will meet his love interest Lylla. 
3. Past Gamora rejoins and sees that Starlord is not an idiot. However, in the comics, she was in a romance with Adam Warlock. So we might see that in the film. 
4. Drax maybe reunites with his daughter if she's brought back to life
5. High Evolutionary needs to be a great villain that we hate. 
6. Show how powerful Adam Warlock is.
I like the look, and I just hope he's a very powerful character 
and they don't waste him.

This film is a warm-up for GOFTG Vol 3 because that will be the last film you see. After all, the next movie looks darker, and I think they will kill off more Guardians. I'm excited for Vol 3, the only film in Phase 5 I'm excited for, and the trailer looks promising, but Gunn got more freedom of control, making his last Guardians film since he's now head of DC films. 

(Google Image)
Happy Holidays 
To all of my viewers
You guys are Awesome!!!!



 


No comments:

Post a Comment