Monday 22 May 2023

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 Review

My Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3
Review.

So I finally saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3, and here's my review of it...I love it. This movie is on the same level as Spiderman No Way Home. After the disappointing Ant-Man 3 film, this delivers a much better conclusion to this trilogy. I got to say this movie showed that everyone is at their best, and the story is well written. I have more faith that James Gunn will give us a great DCU after seeing this and Suicide Squad. 
I'm going to miss this team. 
Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Bradley Cooper, Dave Bautista, Vin Diesel, Karen Gillian, Pom Klementieff, and Sean Penn. Everyone did a great job.
Everyone in this movie did a great job. The whole cast everyone was their best, like Star-Lord; those haters are going to love him in this; Nebula gets the best character development, Drax is funny, Mantis she's excellent, and past Gamora I don't like her at first, but she grows to be a better character. As well this film shows Rocket's origin story.
Heads up, Rocket's origin story is very sad. I literally shed a tear because seeing animal cruelty makes me sad. Also, this scene made me think of a raccoon my mom once adopted as a kid. So it just made me shed a tear. PETA loves this movie because it addresses animal cruelty at its worse.

The film also introduces Adam Warlock, a character many fans have wanted to see on the big screen, and some fans wanted him in Infinity War. Adam was good but not at his best in this film. I say because he acts like a kid in this movie, but I think they will do more with the character in the future. I feel like he could have done better.

Now one of the biggest highlights of this film is High Evolutionary because he is the most hated MCU villain yet. You want to see this guy dead because he does horrible things in this movie, and it makes me want to say Marvel, please give us more villains like this! No more sympathetic villains who do awful things, but we should feel for them because the terrorists who kill innocents are in the right to do it. High Evolutionary is by far one of the best villains in the MCU. We need to see more villains like him. I hear fans now want Chukwudi Iwuji, who played the character, to take over as Kang because he did a great job. Seriously Marvel gives us less sympathetic villains and more hateful villains we love to hate.

The music they play in this film is excellent, and the visual effects are great. I love the action in this film, and seeing the team fight together is one of my favorite moments. I just had a great time watching this film, and like I wrote before, this film is on the same level as Spiderman No Way Home. All the characters are done well, have good character development, and are not sidelined in the film. This was a great send-off to all of the team. Also, I love that this film drops the f-bomb. So proud of Gunn for doing that. I mean, the movie has a pacing problem, but overall, I still enjoyed this movie.
Also, I loved the dog Cosmo. She's so funny. She's played Maria Bakalova Borat's daughter, lol.

Overall I love this film, and it ended this trilogy on a good note. I recommend this film to anyone, and I give this film 9 out of 10. Go see it because it's another tremendous third film that ended a trilogy on a great note. 



Spoilers are down below.


















Here's what happens to all of the Guardians at the end of this film. 
The film ends with Star-Lord quitting and naming Rocket the new team leader. Peter reunites with his grandfather, and I think we will see Starlord again in the future, but I feel he will be an Avenger this time. 
I can see Starlord playing a role in Kang Dynasty as a new Avenger. 

Gamora rejoins the Ravangers, and no, she and Quill don't get together, which is fine because, let's face it, the Gamora Peter loved is dead. This is a different Gamora. No, there is no romance with Adam Warlock like the comics. 
Rocket and Groot form a new Guardians of the Galaxy, and Rocket makes peace with Layla, his girlfriend, and his two friends, Teeth and Floor, for not saving them. Rocket's Guardians of the Galaxy are Adam Warlock, Kraglin, Phyla-Vell, and Cosmo. 

Drax and Nebula take over the city of Knowhere, and Drax becomes a dad to a group of children that High Evolutionary had captured. In this film, nebula finally lets go of anger, becomes a leader, and even laughs and dances joyfully. 

Mantis goes on her own to find herself, so we have that, but overall they give each member a proper send-off. 

I don't think we've seen the last of these guys. We might see them again in the future or see them in James Gunn's DCU. 














 

No comments:

Post a Comment