Friday 24 November 2023

Oliver and Company Review

 

My review of Oliver and Company Review

To celebrate this film's 35th anniversary, here is my review of Oliver and Company. I love this film. I watched it when I was a kid, and it's a good adaptation of Oliver Twist, except for the twist: he's a cat. The film is about Oliver trying to find a home and a family because the movie's opening is one of the saddest. All of the kittens get adopted, and he doesn't. It is sad. It will make him shed a tear. Oliver meets Dodger, voiced by music legend Billy Joel. Dodger is one of the best characters in this film because he acts like a dad to Oliver. Also, meet Tito, whose voice actor went on to voice one of the hyenas in Lion King, Rita Dodger's girlfriend, Francis, and Eisten. The film's story also includes a homeless guy named Fagin, who has paid debt to a mob boss named Skies, the bad guy in the film.

The movie has excellent animation and great songs like Why I Should Worry.
That song is the best in the whole film, and when I went to New York, I played it because it fits New York City. Also, Streets of Gold is a good song. 
Oliver gets adopted by a little girl named Jenny, who calls him Oliver. She has a dog named Georgetta, who doesn't like Oliver because she is spoiled. 
The film had some fun, dark, and intense moments, and the big climax was good.
The cast of this film all did a great job voicing their characters, and the characters in this film are all loveable. I mean, who doesn't love dogs?
The film's ending is delightful because Oliver gets a family from both sides, from the lower and higher classes. Also, the ending song is excellent and good to listen to. 

Also, this film cameos of other Disney characters from different films.

Jac, Trusty, and Peg.
Pongo makes a cameo, too.

Overall, I love this film and consider it part of the Disney Resistance Era. 
It has good animation, great songs, and great characters. As well it brought back musicals to Disney films. 
So this film to me is part of the Disney Resistance, just like I consider Emperor's New Grove part of the Renaissance. 
I give Oliver and Company a 7 out of 10.
It's hard to believe it's now 35 years old, but it's still a fun movie for the whole family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment