Wednesday 8 November 2023

Legend of Zelda Movie Fan Cast and Ideas

 

(Google Image)
My Legend of Zelda Live Action Movie Fan Cast and Ideas


So yesterday, we got the announcement that we are getting a live action Zelda Movie. I've already discuss how I feel about whose working on it on my last blog. I'm very concern with whose producing the project but the director Wes Ball is a huge fan of the series and has wanted to make a Zelda film for a long time he even posted the idea back in 2010. Still, Avi Arad is considering because I would rather have Peter Jackson or Phil Lord and Chris Miller as producers instead. 

(Google Image)
Now, we are still determining what game they will adapt on screen. 
I always said that Ocarina of Time is the right one to adapt to the big screen.
However, they might choose a different game or write their original story.
An original story would work because there are so many Zelda stories.
Some Zelda stories would be complex to adapt, like Breath of the Wild and Tears of a Kingdom would be awesome, but they are hard to adapt on the big screen, but not for TV. 

First here is my fan cast for the Legend of Zelda Movie and no Henry Cavil is not playing Link like in my previous blog. Also I did mention for Link and Zelda I would with unknowns unless they are kids but for adults heres who I would cast. 


Tanner Buchanan as Link
Tanner looks the part and he's awesome in Cobra Kai and he's 24 years old. He be a great Link and I've seen him wear green too. However, for Link I hear some fans want Walker Scobell to play Link I can see it too let's see what he does as Percy Jackson. 

Milly Alcock as Princess Zelda 
Milly here played Princess Rhaenrya in House of the Dragon and she looks like Princess Zelda. She is excellent choice for the character and I know fans want Hunter Schafer I be down for her to play Zelda or Isabel May from the show 1883. 

Richard Armitage as Ganondorf
Now for Ganondorf I wanted to get an actor who play a great villain and Richard Armitage to me is a great choice. His performance as Thorin Oakenshield was great even though he wasn't a villain. I still go with him as Ganondorf. My other choices are Tom Hardy, Luke Evans, Idris Elba, Jason Momoa, and Anthony Starr.
(Google Image)
So those are three actors I would go with to play them in the movie but I don't know if it will be Ocarina of Time they will adapt but anything is possible there are other Zelda stories they could adapt on screen. 
Now here are my ideas for a Zelda film.


5. The film should be a three-parter. 
(Google Image)
Now, they should make this into a trilogy of films. I always recommend Ocarina of Time as the proper storyline to adapt as a three-partner film. If they decided to adapt Ocarina of Time, I would have the first film cover the child arc. The film ends with Link pulling out the Master Sword; the second film covers Forest Temple, Fire Temple, Water Temple, and ends with Link returning to Kakariko village in flames, and the last film is Shadow Temple, Spirit Temple, and Link going to save Zelda from Ganondorf in his castle. Something like that, and I would use the mangas for inspiration on how to do it. 

4. The film needs to look at good Fantasy adaptions to succeed. 
(Google Image)
Zelda is one of the greatest fantasy games of all time, and to do a good film adaption of it. Look at Lord of the Rings as an idea of adapting a proper fantasy film and honoring the source material. However, they should also form a new approach for this film, making it something new and exciting. It needs to do something groundbreaking, and the visuals must be epic. 
Thankfully, Nintendo will be involved with this film, and I can trust them to help Wes and the film's writer, Derek Connolly. 

3. The film can either adapt a Zelda story or write an original story.
(Google Image)
Every Zelda fan wants to see an adaptation of their favorite Zelda storyline. My friends and I want to see Ocarina of Time or Breath of the Wild become a film. There are so many stories to adapt; hey, they could still be adapted, maybe through animation or other live-action projects. If Nintendo decides that they are going to follow the Mario Bros movie approach and write an original story, I would be okay with that because Nintendo is involved, so I can get behind it. All I hope is the film is good, and I still hope for a three-parter film idea because it would be a great idea. 

2. Link and Zelda should have a romance in the film and Link should talk in the film.
(Google Image)
After playing Tears of a Kingdom, I want to see the official romance between Link and Zelda because they were in Tears of a Kingdom. If you play the game clearly they are hinting there is a romance between the two. They live together in the game. 
They should have Link talk for the film because the mangas did it and worked. I know many fans like how Link is a strong silent type, but in the movie, let him talk, but make sure it's not like the old Zelda show, if you know what I mean. 
However, what they could do is have Link stay quiet when he explores the temples and dungeons because it would give fans that feel from the games. 


1. The film has to have a good storyline that will please the fans.  
(Google Image)
This film needs to have a good plan, story outline, and visuals, and it needs to be something new and won't make fans worry too much. A Zelda movie is something fans have wanted for years, and like myself, we want it to be good, and it's a good film adaptation that honors the series. Of course, we are worried about how they could mess this up because there is a good chance the film could suck, and we don't want that. However, after the Mario Bros movie and The Last of Us show, this film will be good because those two projects involved the creators of Nintendo and Naughty Dog. It will be good despite Avi Arad and the writer of the film. Overall, I am excited, but I just hope whatever they do will be good and get me excited to watch it. 

(Google Image)
So that's my Fan Cast and Ideas for the upcoming Zelda Movie.
I know it was a short Fan Cast but they have yet to confirm which Zelda storyline they are adapting or if they are going to write an original story.
Let me know what you think?









No comments:

Post a Comment