Saturday 2 December 2023

ELF Review

 

My Elf Review 
So to get ready for Christmas here is my review of one of my favourite christmas films. Elf starting Will Ferrell. This movie is now 20 years old and it's still funny to this day. The film is about Buddy a human raised by elves and was adopted by an elf named Papa Elf played Bob Newhart and he learns he's actually human and his real father lives in New York and his mother put him up for adoption and sadly she died.
Buddy goes to New York to find his real father and we see him interact with his step mom and little brother. As well Buddy falls in love with a woman named Jovie who encourages her to sing and I still find it funny that Buddy didn't know she was naked in the shower yet he has used a shower before. 
The film has some very funny moments and 20 years later some of those scenes are now memes. 

You see what I mean. 

The whole cast in this film all do a great job like the late James Caan, Zoey Deschanel, Bob Newhart, Mary Steenburen, Peter Dinklage, and Ed Asner as Santa Clause. The whole cast of this film all do a great job. Everyone perfect casting. 
The film has some funny moments like when Buddy meets the mall Santa I was laughing my ass off in that scene. Will Ferrell was just born to play this role and he was once asked if he would do a sequel and he said no because he wants it to be a Christmas Classic. I agree, Elf is better off as a christmas classic. 
I also found it funny when he thinks Peter Dinklage's character is an elf but I don't think a scene like that would fly by today's standards. I still love that line "He must be a South Pole Elf?" 
This film still holds up today and I still love it 20 years later.
I give Elf an 8 out of 10 and remember Christmas Spirit is about believing. Let me know what you think of this christmas classic. 
Merry Christmas to all my viewers!



No comments:

Post a Comment