Saturday 27 July 2024

Deadpool and Wolverine Review

 

My Review of Deadpool and Wolverine 
So, I finally saw Deadpool and Wolverine, and here's my review. I loved it. I had such a fun time with this movie, and I love how the movie makes fun of the current state of the MCU and other jokes, too. This movie was so much to watch, and it's great seeing Jackman return as Wolverine, this time in the yellow suit. 
Finally, after 24 years, we see Wolverine in his iconic yellow suit. Even Deadpool says in the film that it took 24 years to get him to wear that suit. 
When I saw the mask, I couldn't help but clap.
Finally, a proper Wolverine costume with mask everything.

The film's cast did a great job. Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman were so good together on screen. 
Ryan Reynolds was so funny in this movie. His jokes were funny, and I respect Ryan Reynolds, who had to fight Disney to do certain scenes he wanted, but the studio didn't. Also, Hugh Jackman, as always, is excellent as Wolverine. The fight scenes these two have are epic and funny at the same time. 
The villain of Cassandra Nova was a great villain. She's on the same level as High Evolutionary, and she's so hateful in this film. I'm happy Marvel gave us another hateful villain because they mostly prefer to make the villains sympathetic. Her powers are very disturbing, and she kills people in such a disturbing way. She's also Xavier's sister. 
Also, the cameos of other characters from Fox's X-Men are a lot of fun. I won't spoil any of the cameos; I'll have them at the bottom of the blog. 
The action scenes are good, the story itself is good, and it involves the Multiverse, a troupe we are tired of. I like this film more than the second one, but to me, the first one is the best Deadpool film.
The idea of Deadpool being in the MCU is just brilliant. I enjoyed watching this film; it brings back good storytelling and character focus. Don't get me wrong, we got that in GOFG Vol 3 and Spider-Man No Way Home. I hope this film does teach Marvel that it needs to give more freedom of creative control to its directors because you get good results. I give this film a 9 out of 10. I really enjoyed it, and I hope this will get Marvel back to its roots. Still, it depends on how Captain America 4, the Fantastic 4 reboot, and the MCU X-Men film turn out because I'm not that hype for those projects unless the projects surprise me; still more hype for Superman and Gunn's upcoming DCU projects like Brave and the Bold, Lanterns, and Teen Titans. However, I'm excited that Marvel will do more R-rated projects, which is good because let's face WB let DC make R-rated films and shows; Marvel needs more R-rated projects. 
Now, here are some spoilers at bottom
SO DON'T LOOK! 


Spoilers you've been warned!






Cameos 
We see Wolverine variants, one of which is played by Henry Cavil. Also, we see a more comic-accurate Wolverine in the film; it is funny. Laura returns in this film. 
Lady Deadpool appears played by Blake Lively, Matthew McConaughey is Wild West Deadpool, and Ryan Reynold's kid plays Kidpool.
We see Chris Evans in the film, not as Cap but as the Human Torch; Weasley Snipes returns as Blade, and I love the line when he says, "Theres only one Blade." Deadpool gives a look that there is a new Blade coming, but it has been delayed five times. Jennifer Garner returns as Elektra, and I find it funny when 
we learn Daredevil was killed, but Elektra says, "Eh, it's whatever." Referring to her divorce from Ben Affleck, who played Daredevil in 2003. Also, Channing Tatum finally debuts as Gambit, and he does an excellent job. I love how comic-accurate his suit is. This film has so many cameos and I'm going to say Henry Cavil should be the next Wolverine or Daniel Radcliffe. 
Go See It.

No comments:

Post a Comment