Sunday 28 July 2024

My thoughts on RDJ returning to the MCU as Dr. Doom.

 

My thoughts on RDJ returning to the MCU as Dr. Doom?

So, we just got the news yesterday that RDJ is returning to the MCU, not as Iron Man, but as Dr. Doom. The new Avengers movie is called Doomsday, so there will be no more Kang. Also, the Russo Brothers are back to direct both films, which is good. I love the Russo Brothers, but this is out of desperation from Marvel to win back fans. Kevin Feige has been struggling since Endgame and he knows it. 

This news is huge because no one saw it coming, but there were rumors that RDJ was coming back. However, he's playing Dr. Doom. Now, from what we gather, they are not focusing on Kang anymore since the whole Jonathan Majors drama. Having Dr. Doom as the new big bad does work because this character needs to be done right, and we've seen how badly the Fantastic Four films messed up the character. In the comics, he was one of the most important villains in Marvel and in truth he's not a villain. Stan Lee once said he's not a villain, he believes he can make the world a better place. 
I would have preferred Luke Evans, Cillian Murphy, or Aidan Turner as Victor Von Doom, aka Dr. Doom. Still, I'm glad RDJ is back, and you know, fun fact: Robert Downey Jr. Jr did audition to play Dr. Doom in the 2005 film. 
Still, I'm happy to see RDJ come back, but we know that Marvel is doing this because they are desperate to get back viewers because of how poor Phase 4 and 5 have been. That's what happens when you adapt all new, all different Marvel, one of the worst eras in Marvel Comics. 
Now, it's likely RDJ is playing a variant of Tony Stark if he becomes Dr. Doom, and I think it will be a combination of Infamous Iron Man and Superior Iron Man.
So I can see them making a Tony Variant who became Dr. Doom instead of Iron Man. He conquered his world but learn of the multiverse and it turns out he's actually the real mastermind behind the Multiverse events. 
Or RDJ is playing Victor Von Doom, but he looks like Tony Stark. Also, they confirmed that the Fantastic Four will be in Avengers: Doomsday and Avengers: Secret Wars, so we already have five cast members for Doomsday. 
I hope this Dr. Doom is done right he's not a villain but a man who believes he's saving the universe. I also hope he's defeated by Fantastic 4, Spider-Man, or War Machine and Rescue along with Tony's daughter Morgan.
I don't want to see him get defeated by Iron Heart because I don't like that character. 
I am excited to see RDJ come back, but again, like I wrote before, Marvel is desperate to win back audiences. The story needs to be good and make sense because, let's face it, these two films have to be good. Also, getting RDJ back in the MCU works just as long he's not playing Tony Stark from the MCU but actually a variant who wants to conquer the Multiverse. Still, I think the multiverse troupe is getting dumb at this point, but I could be wrong. 
That's what I think about RDJ returning to the MCU as Dr. Doom.
I hope they do an excellent job because Marvel is struggling, and let's face it, the MCU needs a reset and a new ten-year plan after Secret Wars. If you've checked out my How I Would Reboot the MCU. 
I make Dr. Doom one of the most important villains in the MCU. 
Let me know what you think. Are you excited to see RDJ come back, and are you hoping they might bring back more characters like Steve Rogers/Captain America, Natasha Romanoff/Black Widow, and T'Challa/Black Panther? Let me know.
It's good to see RDJ back and I just hope they do him right.











No comments:

Post a Comment