Friday 23 August 2024

Who I would pick as the MCU X-Men and who I would cast

 

Who I would pick as the MCU X-Men Team and who I would cast

After the success of Deadpool and Wolverine, I love this film. We are getting an X-Men film in the MCU, and it's likely not coming out until after Secret Wars. Now, I would prefer they make an X-Men TV Series instead of a movie because you can better flesh out the characters like 97 did.

This year has been a great year to be an X-Men fan. Well, the comics could be better right now. However, 97 and Deadpool and Wolverine are great. So when the MCU brings the X-Men, what team rooster should they have. The writer they have hired for the movie says he wants the 90s X-Men team rooster, which is a good idea, but there are too many X-Men members. That's why a show works better. Also, I heard there will be no Wolverine in the film, which is a smart move, and there were rumors they wanted it to focus on a female lead. This is fine, but after seeing She-Hulk and Cassie Lang, I have concerns that they will make Storm, Rogue, Kitty, or Jubliee unlikeable. I don't want that; I want a Storm who believes in Xavier's dream and is a hero we can all look up to. Also, it's a rumor that Jubilee, Ice Man, and Archangel will be on the team. That's cool. I want a proper Jubilee and Angel because they were wasted by Fox's X-Men. 
Now, these are rumors, and we don't know what's going to happen. If I were to pick a team rooster, I would go with a more original team. I would make it a six-member squad to make it easier.
The X-Men I would pick would be Cyclops (Team Leader), Storm (Second in Command), Gambit, Rogue, Angel, and Jubilee. I chose this team because these characters were wasted and could have gotten better character development. So that's why I picked these six X-Men to be the main focus of the first film. 


Robbie Amell as Cyclops 
Cyclops is the one X-Man who needs to be done right and stand out as the leader of the X-Men. The old X-Men films did the character dirty, and we need a Scott Summers who stands out and is the First X-Man. 

KiKi Layne as Storm 
Storm is another X-Man who needs to get her moment. Sure, the X-Men movies had her lead, but I feel like there was more they could have done. I would love to see T'Challa Romance and see her lead Team Gold in the future.

Austin Butler as Gambit 
Gambit wasn't used again after X-Men Origins until we got Channing Tatum as Gambit in Deadpool and Wolverine. I loved Channing as Gambit, but I think they will cast someone else for the MCU. I want to see Gambit be the bad boy of the group, and we all want that Rogue romance that we never got. 

Grace Caroline Curry as Rogue 
Rogue was not at her best in the films. All she did was complain about her powers. I want the 90s Rogue, basically 97 Rogue, on the big screen. I want her to be one of the most powerful heroes who can fly and has a romance with Gambit.


Alex Pettyfer as Angel 
Warren Worthington, the Third, aka Angel or Archangel, was not used at his best. In X-Men 3, he doesn't have a significant role, and in X-Men Apocalypse, he is killed off just like that and was never a member of the X-Men. We must see Angel at his best and set him up to become Archangel.

Peyton Elizabeth Lee as Jubilee 
Jubilee is a fan favorite of the series. She appeared in Apocalypse but didn't do much. Jubilee needs to get her moment to shine. She could be the team's youngest member; all she can do is sparks. However, there is more to her because we see her become a hero and a true X-Man. She looks up to Cyclops and Storm as role models to inspire her.  

If I were to cast the X-Men and had only six characters, that's who I would pick and cast. These six never got their moment to shine, so they would be the main focus of the first film. 
Let me know what you think? 




No comments:

Post a Comment