Sunday 6 October 2024

Joker Folie a Deux Review

 

Joker Folie a Deux Review

So, I saw Joker Folie a Deux yesterday, and here's my review of it...I didn't like it. We never needed a sequel to Joker because the first film was a great original film. It ended where it was left open-ended for people to decide what happened to Joker. The film is set two years after the first film, and we see Arthur's life now, and he falls in Lee Quinn, aka Harley Quinn. Now, the cast does a good job, like Joaquin. He was good, and I loved this one musical segment with him. Lady Gaga was good, and I like her. Harley was evil in this film. The rest of the cast are good too and let me tell you, you will hate the security guards in this film. 

Now, some of the musical numbers didn't work, but there was one I liked and that was in the courtroom, where Joker sang a song. It was good and properly the best part of the whole film. Also, the camera shots and, again, the acting in the film are good.
Lady Gaga did an excellent job as Harley Quinn, but this version is more crazy, and she comes off as horrible. 
Still, Gaga did a good job, but I felt she deserved better. I have to say it's good seeing an evil Harley Quinn for once because I'm getting a good Harley Quinn.
Joaquin would make a great comic-accurate Joker.
I won't spoil this film, but there was stuff that just annoyed me and made me wonder what the hell this is. I did not like how Joker was written in this film, and I loved Joaquin's performance as the Joker. He's the best Joker since Heath Ledger. I did not like how they wrote Arthur in this and ended his story.  

I give this a 4 out of 10, like it was one of the worst films I've seen. Honestly, we didn't need a Joker sequel, and I heard even Todd Philips didn't want to make one and even told fans they would be divided by the film's ending. I'll be honest: I did not like the ending of this film. I won't go into detail, but I just don't like it. 


As I mentioned, we didn't need a sequel to Joker. It ended well because it was open-ended. Instead, I think they should have made more stand-alone DC villain films.
For example, a Lex Luthor origin film like Joker would work, except he's a businessman got involved with politics. He becomes a corrupt president and believes he is the world's savior. I would end with the world in chaos, and he looks up at the sky and sees Superman's shadow coming to save the day. 
I'm excited to see Lex Luthor in the next Superman film, played by Nicholas Hoult, way better than Eisenberg. 
Or.
A Bane film would work in the same style as the Joker because Bane has such a dark origin story. There was talk about making a Bane solo film because he was one of Batman's biggest enemies—he killed Alfred. A Bane film would have worked and the character has a great origin story. Also, we are getting a Bane and Deathstroke film from DCU, which is just as cool. 
They should have done this instead of making Joker 2 make more stand-alone villain-origin films. They don't need sequels and don't need to be part of the DCU. They are just stand-alone and one and done.



No comments:

Post a Comment