Friday 10 May 2019

Tolkien Review

Tolkien Review

So I saw Tolkien last night and heres my review of it.....I like it. I thought it was a good movie but there were moments it got slow but I have to say if your fan of Tolkien's work like me you should still check it out because we learn about Tolkien's life and the inspiration he got into his books. There are  references to Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit, Children of Hurin, and Silmarillion. The film basically just tells Tolkien's life from childhood to adult, we see his love life with Edith Tolkien his future wife and the inspiration for Luthien and Arwen. We also see him and his buddies who are basically to me were the inspiration for the fellowship of the ring as well if you look at Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin they were inspired by Tolkien and his friends who were like his brothers, who always had each other's back. Some of the action scenes during WW1 were good, wasn't too much of it and you do see where Tolkien got the ideas for Mordor, Morgoth, Sauron, The Balrogs, and Nazgul. Still none the less I thought the movie was good and heads up its more about his childhood to his adulthood in WW1.  Still I do find film a really interesting take on Tolkien and I give this film a C+. Its a good film kind of slow at first but gets more interesting later on.    

No comments:

Post a Comment