Tuesday 9 June 2020

The Room Review

(Google Image)
My The Room Review
The Citizen Kane of Bad Films.

So I'm going to do a review for a movie thats so bad its good and that is the Room. Heres my review of it...I love this film like I know its bad but it's so funny to watch and like I said its so bad its good. Like I mean the story makes no sense and its consider to be a black comedy film because this movie is really funny watch. Like the acting is so....bad and dialogue is cringe worthy to hear and this film is so bland but the actors do a good job despite the bad writing, like I don't know how Tommy Wiseau came up with this idea but it worked out great for him. He made a cult classic with this film that lead to the Disaster Artist book and film. 
Like Tommy is a mystery to us all we don't know his real age, where he's from like he says from the New Orleans, no one knows how he funded this film because no one knows where he gets the money from. Tommy has said he wants to keep his private life, private and I understand he is entitled to a private life.

Fun Fact, Greg said Carrero Street out of anger towards Tommy for keeping his private life a secret from him and stress of making The Room.
  
Now the cast of this film like Greg Sestero who would eventually write a book about his experience making The Room and would later be adapted into film called The Disaster Artist. He does a good job as Mark even though Greg gives it his all in this performance this whole love triangle just feels out of place and doesn't make sense. Plus Mark was named after Matt Damon apparently....but his name is Matt??

YOU'RE TEARING ME APART LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Interesting fact they replace the crew of The Room four times while filming.
Juliette Danielle was Lisa and she was good but her character just like caused all the problems and she's just why are Johnny and Mark fighting over her. I mean it just doesn't make sense nothing about these character's roles in the film makes sense their not that well developed characters. 

Fun Fact, Philip Haldiman was actually 26 years old playing a fifteen year old when he did this film.
Now he's 43 years old crazy eh.
The rest of the cast I respect them but their characters were just not well written like look at Denny, he is so creepy in the film like if this was a thriller he would be the rapist or crazy stalker. Like he says stuff like "I just like to watch you guys." or "Can I kiss you." or "What's happening!!! Johnny's dead wake up Johnny please!!!! Leave us, both of you. just leave!!! Why Johnny Why!!!" LOL its so funny and disturbing at the same time. 

I think Tommy truly intended it to be a bad film because he wanted to make something so bad it's good. 

Overall the film's plot and characters don't make sense and also remember when they play football its so weird like their only three feet apart and it doesn't make any sense. But hey Tommy once said you can play football anyway you like and you know that's fair. Getting back to point I do enjoy this film for how bad it is and I laughed so hard in this film because its actually really interesting to watch. 

The Disaster Artist tell us they shot this scene 67 takes but it was actually seven takes according to Tommy. 

Even though the plot is bad and the acting is bad but overall this is entertaining movie to watch I give this film an A because I know thats weird rating for this film but I give it an A because its so bad its good. This film would lead to a great film that would tell the story on how it was made that all we know called The Disaster Artist. Give this film a watch it is so funny despite the bad acting, bad plot, bland characters, and most of too many spoons. Give this film a watch and then after watch The Disaster Artist.
(Google Image)
Disaster Artist is one of my favourite films.




No comments:

Post a Comment