Saturday 27 November 2021

Ghostbusters Afterlife Review

 

Ghostbusters Afterlife 
Review

So I saw GhostBusters Afterlife last night and here's my review of it...I really enjoyed this film. Like this film is so good and it's a lot of fun. It is so much better than that 2016 film. The characters in this are good, funny, and relatable. This film is a passing of the torch because it's about the new generation continuing the Ghostbusters' work. I know some people say it's about fan service, it's just trying to be nostalgic, or it's just pandering to fans who hated the 2016 film. It's not, it's about giving fans a proper sequel and honoring the original film and its characters. 

Next Generation of Ghostbusters

I feel like there was more effort made into this film but the film did have some issues overall it's still a fun movie. The characters in this film are great Phoebe is a great lead in this film and she's basically her grandfather Egon. She's the best character in the film along with Grooberson. 

As well characters like Trevor who is another good character too, Podcast he was funny, Lucky a funny character too, Callie is a struggling single mom who has daddy issues, and of course, Paul Rudd's character Grooberson is one of the best things in the film. The film is also funny and scary too like I love how Grooberson teaches summer school and he makes the kids watch Cujo I thought that was funny. This film has some scary moments and it has some of the best moments in the film that will make fans jump with joy because my god this film was so much fun. 

(Google Image)
This film pays tribute to Harold Ramis and I got to tell ya they do a good job honoring Harold and his character Ego.

I give this film a B+ and 8 out of 10. Go see it if you want to feel nostalgic or have a fun time or see an actual proper sequel to Ghostbusters. 


No comments:

Post a Comment