Wednesday 9 February 2022

What I want to see in the King of the Hill revival

 

What I want to see in the King of the Hill Revival 

Now some of you may or may not know King of the Hill is coming back with a new series.
Which I'm really excited about because I love this show and there are so many ideas about where it can go.
Now Mike Judge has said the reboot will be set fifteen years after the show ends. So we will see aged-up characters and we see them in this modern-day era we live in. 
There are so many things I want to see in this revival and here's what I want to see in the King of the Hill Revival.



5. Hank Hill in modern-day times.
This is one thing we got to see how would someone like Hank Hill be like this woke era we live in. Hank is a very old fashion guy; seeing him in this era would be funny. Like I would love to see a scene he meets someone who's non-binary or gender fluid and he doesn't what to say because he learns there are more genders now. 
Hell, I picture the scene of him getting a phone call from Strickland about job hiring. "Strickland Propane Taste the Meat, Not the Heat. Yeah, we're looking for hiring. Uh, we accept men and women...Gender what? Non-Binary?? What are you talking about? Hey, I am not a bigot sir! What do you mean you prefer being called they???" I can see a scene like that in the revival. 
Like Hank would just be struggling in this era and we would see things he likes and supports would be called outdated or wrong by today's standards. One of my friends says there should be an episode where Peggy tricks Hank into a beyond-meat burger and he flips out about it. Like I think Hank would hate Beyond Meat because he thinks it's disgusting but if he tried he would like it or he would throw it away stands by he prefers real meat, not beyond meat.
Seeing Hank Hill in this era would be really funny and he would just be struggling but I think Hank would adapt to some changes and he would see some things are outdated. That's one thing I want to see how would someone like Hank Hill survive this post-modern era we live in.
Mike Judge was once asked would Hank support Trump and he said no he would not support Trump. I would love to see an episode that addresses that where someone says "You're a right-wing so you loved Trump and think he was a great president." and Hank looks at that person and says "Yes, I'm rightwing and no I did not support that orange face jack ass. I hated Trump and the man is the reason so many right people are looked at as racists or worse nazis. I'm right-wing but I respect everyone as equal and try to see more common sense with people. Another reason I hate Trump is he turned Ronald Regan's quote Make America Great again into something shameful." the person would be shocked "Wow you are the first right-wing I know who hates Trump." "My family and neighbours hate him too." I could see that scene happening. Also, one person then comments, "You do know Ronald Regan was an asshole in real life." Hank looks at the person with an annoyed look "Shut up he did good things for this country and yes I heard he wasn't the nicest guy to work with but not every president is going to be fun and easy to work with." I agree with Mike I don't think Hank Hill would support someone like Trump.
As well it would be funny seeing Hank using an iPhone and a laptop too. He would just be struggling with it.

4. Seeing a grown-up Bobby Hill and his friends too.
Now Bobby is a well-loved character in King of the Hill and since the revival will have him as an adult it would be interesting to see where he is in life. I see him being a stand-up comedian but he's gotten any gigs and some of his jokes offend a lot of people these days like today's comedians. Because I can see Bobby struggling to tell good jokes without trying to offend people because we live in era comedians get demonized for some of their jokes. Even if they were just trying to be funny and didn't know it was going to deeply offend anyone.
We could see Bobby move back in with his folks or he lives on his own maybe he has a girlfriend maybe it's Connie they got back together. As well Joseph could be an all-star football player, and he knows Dale isn't his dad, but he still considers him to be his dad because he raised him. 
As well someone suggested we see Bobby trying to understand this era we live in or he's with the times and Hank and him have lots of arguments about certain things. 
It would be interesting to see that happened even though the series finale ended with Hank and Bobby making steaks together and they bond, but time has moved on. Bobby and Hank would still be very close, but they would have very different points of view on how society is right now. 
As well if they covid episode do you think the Hills would get the vaccine or they would be anti-vaccine? That would be interesting because I can see Bobby, Boomhauer, Kahn, Min, and Connie getting the vaccine. After all, they want to keep their jobs and Boomhauer wants to hook up with ladies again. 
 

3. What's happened to the gang after 15 years. 
I also know what happened to the other characters one of my friends said that Dale would go crazy because of Covid believing its a conspiracy created by the government, as well I can see he and Nancy are still together I think they should reveal that he's always known about the affair between her and John Redcorn. I feel like that needs to be revealed at last because I don't think Dale is that stupid he's known but he doesn't want to admit it because he loves his life also I could see him and Nancy having children of their own too. 

Bill, I feel like he's still living alone but he's moved on with his life and maybe he learns he has kids he didn't know about. As well I can see Bill still be a good friend and he still has issues but he's a good guy still and looks to his neighbors as family. 

Boomhauer I feel like he would just be going crazy since covid because he can't sleep with women for a while and that's what makes him get the vaccine. I don't know how the characters would feel about getting the vaccine it would be interesting to see how that goes. Also, we could see more of Boomhauer's job as a Texas Ranger. We didn't get to see what he does with his job because we only know about it till the last episode.

As well I think Ladybird would be dead by now but she lived to 16 years old and I think Hank would get another dog and he would name it Bush after George W Bush. 

Kahn and Min are still living next door and they're making lots of money and Connie is now a scientist or something. Maybe she's a teacher at Tom Laundry Middle School and she's Grace and GH's Science teacher.  

Joseph is now a big-time Football player and I think he now knows John Redcorn is his real father but he still considers Dale to be his dad because he raised him. Joseph would also be a big brother to Dale's actual kids if they give Dale more kids. Also, Joseph would get a nickname called the Alien since Dale pretended that he was an alien. 

John Redcorn still works on his land, and I think he would be happy that Joseph knows and wants to make up for lost times, but Joseph still considers Dale to be his dad. This would upset him but John understands because he didn't raise Joesph but wants to make up for a lost time. 

As well we could get new characters in the neighborhood like maybe a gay couple moving into the neighborhood, a vegan family, trump supporters, or a young hipster couple. It would be fun to see Hank and the guys interact with the characters who move into the neighborhood but I think Hank would hate the young hipster couple because they shove their woke agendas down everyone's throat. 
I can see a scene where the Hills have them over dinner and their about to say grace but the couple feels uncomfortable because they believe the christian faith has been the cause of most of the world's problems and that comment would annoy Hank and Peggy, but even they know their religion has faults, but the both of them just want to see the positives of it. These are just ideas of what some new characters we could see in the neighborhood of Rainey Street.

2. I want to see someone call out Peggy Hill. 
Peggy Hill is one of the worst characters on King of the Hill she has done so many horrible things and she takes credit for things that aren't hers. This character needs her own episode where someone who doesn't like her, explains everything that's wrong with her like Quagmire did to Brian. We need an episode where someone finally calls out Peggy for everything wrong with her. As well I would like to see one with Hank too. I feel he would get called out for some of the bad things he's done like when he made Bobby smoke a whole cart of cigarettes because that is horrible. I think even a grown-up Bobby would call him out for that. It would be really funny to do that.  


1. What will happen to Luanne and Lucky since the deaths of both Tom Petty and Brittany Murphy. 
Now, as we know, both Brittany Murphy and Tom Petty have died sadly. Their deaths were heartbreakingly lost. Now the big question is, what will happen to these two characters? Will they move away, be killed off, or will the characters be recast with new voice actors? These are good questions now, it is possible they likely make their daughter Grace a main character in the new show and maybe she's living with the Hills as well there is the idea GH Hank's little brother will be a new main character too. Luanne and Lucky, you could kill them off like they died in a car accident or something. I know that would be a very sad way to start the new show because these two were great characters. Also, there could be an episode about Grace dealing with her parents' deaths, and she's a mess because of it, but we see Hank, Peggy, and Bobby help her get through it. 
I remember watching this Simpsons episode where Todd doesn't believe in god anymore because his mom is dead, and what does Ned do? He kicks his son out to go live with the Simpsons because he's more concerned about his son not believing in god instead of trying to help him deal with his grief over his mom's death. That episode annoyed the crap out of me. So if I was writing an episode, let's say Grace is still dealing with her parents deaths and she goes to church and shouts out "My parents are dead! I don't believe god anymore its just a load of crap!" Now the Hills are mad at her but at the same time they understand that she's a mess about her parents death. Instead of disowning or the Hills trying to get her to believe in god again, it's more they want to help her deal with her parents death and not have her theres no meaning to life. We also see Hank, Peggy, Bobby, and everyone else in the neighbourhood deal with the deaths of Lucky and Luanne.
I can even see a scene where Hank breaks down over Luanne's death and even says that she was his daughter. Again, this would be a sad episode, but it would pay tribute to Brittany and Tom. 
They could also just go with they moved away and Grace is sent to live Texas for reasons we don't know so she stays with the Hills but it could result in a recast of the two characters but I don't think Mike will do that. Whatever they do with the characters it will be a tribute to both Tom and Brittany. So who knows what will happen to these two characters in the revival. 
I personally would kill them off and yes it would be a sad episode but its just hard to see anyone else voice those two characters. We can see Grace as teenager she's pretty like her mom, she wants to be a rock star like her dad wanted to be, and she's also really lucky. That character fill in that void after the deaths of Brittany and Tom. 
I'm sure whatever Mike does he will honour his two good friends 
who were taken from us too soon.

So that's what I want to see in King of the Hill Revival. 
Let me know what you think leave a comment and what do you
want to see in the upcoming Revival of King of the Hill.




No comments:

Post a Comment