Tuesday 1 February 2022

My Top 6 Favourite Black Superheroes from Marvel and DC.

 

(Google Image)
For Black History Month, I'm showing my top 12 favorite Black Superheroes from both Marvel and DC. So basically, I'm ranking them by each comic owned by Marvel and Dc. I grew up with a lot of these characters. I read about them in comics and watched them on tv and in movies. 
I'm also going to show you who I would cast for these characters. Some have already been cast, but I'm still going to cast the characters anyway.  

Here are my top favorite Black Superheroes from Marvel and DC.

Let's start with DC Comics. 

6. Vixen 

Vixen I like because she has the powers of all the animals in the animal kingdom. I also remember watching Justice League Unlimited, and I found it funny that she and Hawkgirl get along despite how she's John's current girlfriend and Hawkgirl is his ex. The character has also been a member of the Justice League; she's worked alongside many heroes in the DC Universe and has her own solo series. If I were to cast this character in a film or show, I would cast Zazie Beetz as Vixen.
 
5. Luke Fox/Batwing 
Luke Fox, aka Batwing, is the son of Lucious Fox, who helps Batman with equipment. Luke became the second Batwing after David Zavimbe retired the mantle. Luke's Batwing suit is an all-armored Batman suit, kind of like an Iron Man type suit, and he became a member of the Bat-family. Batwing would play many events in Batman story arcs, such as the Court of Owls, where he defeated one of the Talons who almost killed his dad. He's gotten his own solo series as well. If they ever include Batwing in future DC film projects, I would cast Jordan Calloway as Batwing.


4. Kaldur/Aqualad 

I was introduced to this character in Young Justice, and he was way cooler than Gar was. He also leads the team, and it was weird they usually make Robin the leader of a group of teenage superheroes, but the creators decided to do something different for a change, and it worked. Aqualad would become Aquaman in season three of Young Justice. Another thing I loved about Kaldur is he was an original character, and now he is a character is in the comics. Another thing I love about this character is he is the son of Black Manta, Aquaman's arch-enemy. I love the idea that Aquaman basically takes him in and teaches him how to use his powers for good instead of following his father's ways instead of becoming the next Black Manta. 
If I were to cast this character, I would cast Jaden Smith.


3. Virgil Hawkins/Static Shock
Now I grew up with Static Shock because of Static Shock's TV show. I really enjoyed watching that show a lot as a kid. It was exciting, funny, emotional, and the show dealt with real-life issues like racism, bullying, and gun violence. Static Shock did a great job addressing real-life matters but at the same time still kept us entertained, unlike today's shows. I mean, Static Shock was a character I could relate to growing up. 
The show also had great characters that we could all relate to. Virgil lost his mom, hung out with the wrong crowd, and made some bad choices in life, but after getting his powers, he uses their responsibility to help people. Also, his dad in the show is really cool too. I know Michael B Jordan is making a Static Shock movie, and here's who I would cast as Static Shock, and that is.
Caleb McLaughlin. 



2. Cyborg 
Now, like Static Shock, I was introduced to this character in Teen Titans, and he was one of the best characters on the show. He was hilarious, calm, and an absolute badass in fighting. In the New 52, they reintroduced characters as a founding member of the Justice League, and it worked great for the character. Cyborg also had a good origin story because he felt like an outcast after his transformation, but Flash was inspired to be a hero. Cyborg has gotten his solo series; he's led the Teen Titans and the Justice League. Love his catchphrase BooYah!
The character was played by Ray Fisher, and he was great in the Synder Cut, not the Whedon film. However, they might recast the role, so I would go with it. If I were to re-cast, I would go with...
John Boyega. 

   
1. John Stewart/Green Lantern 
Now I grew up with this character in Justice League, the animated series, and I've met the voice actor of John Stewart Phil Morris. He's a great guy, and he also voiced Static Shock too. I love John because he was a skilled military soldier who became a Green Lantern after facing off against a rouge manhunter. He's the Green Lantern we all grew up within the 2000s. I will admit Hal Jordan is my favorite Green Lantern, but John is my second favorite, and in How I would Start the DCEU, the film would be about both Hal and John. John would also get an origin story in the movie, and I would see the character become a member of the Justice League. John Stewart was one of the most remarkable characters on Justice League, the animated series, because there was the two-parter episode where his ring loses its power. Still, he's a skilled military soldier, so he knows how to fight without his crew. That's what makes John so cool.   
If I were to cast John Stewart in any future Green Lantern film or the upcoming show, I would cast Trevante Rhodes. 



Now Marvel Comics. 

6. Jim Rhodes/War Machine 
Who doesn't love War Machine? Jim Rhodes has been with us in the comics and the MCU films for a long time. The character has even taken up the mantle of Iron Man, has had his own solo series, been Avenger, and has to lead his own team known as Force Works. I also love War Machine in the MCU films, and I'm looking forward to Armour Wars with Rhodey as the main lead. 


5. Sam Wilson/Falcon 
Now, Falcon, I love from the Captain America series, and he's had his own comic series as well. Not to mention I loved Falcon in the MCU films, and now the character is currently Captain America. I'm looking forward to seeing Captain America 4 with Anthony Mackie returning as Cap. As well-loved Falcon in Winter Solider, he was one of the best characters in the film, and he went from a well-written strong supporting character to becoming his own lead in Falcon and Winter Solider. I look forward to seeing more Captain America in future films. 



4. Miles Morales/Spiderman  
Now Miles is a character who I read about in the Ultimate Universe. Now they moved the character to the mainstream after Secret Wars. Spider-Verse, to me, is one of the best Spiderman films, and Miles was its main lead, and Miles is just one of the best characters in the film. Miles was relatable, and we could understand his struggles being Spiderman because, like Peter Parker, it is a leap of faith becoming Spiderman. I'm looking forward to Spider-Verse 2 and seeing where the character goes in the next film.
If Miles ever joins the MCU, and we all know the character's uncle Aaron Davis played by Donald Glover, was in Homecoming, we will see Miles eventually. If I were to cast the role, I would go with Miles Brown.


3. Storm 
I love Storm. She is one of my favorite X Men, and she was one of my superhero crushes. Storm has led the X Men in many series like Gold, Astonishing, and she's been the queen of Wakanda. She's also had her own solo series too. Storm is also a firm believer in Charle's dream for mutants and humans living together in peace, and she often would try to use diplomacy instead of force to prove that point. Storm is also an absolute badass in battle, a good combat leader, and she even became the goddess of thunder once, but she got her own hammer instead of taking Thor's hammer. Storm is, without a doubt, one of the best X-Men characters in comics. 
When they introduce Storm in the MCU, I cast Kylie Bunbury as Storm.


2. Luke Cage
Now, Luke Cage, I've known since reading New Avengers, I've grown to really like this character. He's led the New Avengers, The Mighty Avengers, and even the Thunderbolts. Luke was the first Black Superhero to get his own ongoing series. I will admit his old costume looked silly. They even poked fun of it in the Netflix show. Luke Cage's powers are pretty cool like he has unbreakable skin, which is a pretty cool power to have, and he's very skilled in combat too. The character has gone through many hard times, but he doesn't give up because he keeps fighting for his wife, Jessica Jones, and their daughter Danielle Cage. 
I hope they bring back Mike Colter as Luke Cage like they did with Charlie Cox as Daredevil. I would love to see him lead the New Avengers. 



1. T'Challa/Black Panther 
Black Panther is my favorite black superhero. I really love this character. He is the most dangerous man alive, and he's basically like Batman if Batman was a king. T'Challa has to lead the Avengers, he leads Wakanda, he has faced struggles and danger, but he doesn't give up. One of my favorite runs was The Man Without Fear arc and Most Dangerous Man Alive arc because we see him in exile, but he's still fighting and protecting New York as a superhero. He also does this to fill in for Daredevil after leaving Hell's Kitchen after Shadowland. 
Black Panther was the first black superhero in comics created by the man Stan Lee, and this character has become an iconic hero in the black community. Stan wanted to develop a feeling for black readers to see themselves as. As well Stan Lee supported the civil rights movement, and his comics called out the racism in the world. Stan Lee once said. "Bigotry and racism are among the deadliest social ills plaguing the world today,” What he said was true. 

I also love the Black Panther film, even though sad to watch now since Chadwick Boseman passed.
Rest in Power. 
Now sadly as we all know Chadwick Boseman who play Black Panther died, but I really hope Marvel recasts the role of T'Challa because Chadwick wanted people to see the character he played and his family says he would have wanted T'Challa recasted to continue the character's story. The fans want a recast too and I want to see the role get recast to keep Chad's character alive because it would just be a tragedy to end his character's story so soon without giving the character a proper ending. 
I really hope like everyone else they won't kill off T'Challa in the next Black Panther film because let me tell ya the reaction will be highly negative if the first trailer confirms T'Challa is dead again. 
If I were to recast the role of T'Challa I would cast John David Washington as T'Challa/Black Panther. For the character of T'Challa must continue because that character needs a proper ending. 
#RecastT'Challa
#SaveT'Challa
To Honour the Memory of Chadwick Boseman and the Legacy he left behind.

So those are my Top 12 Favourite Black Superheroes from Marvel and DC. 
Let me know what you think and leave a comment.



No comments:

Post a Comment