Tuesday 21 June 2022

Hercules Review

 

My Review of Hercules 

In celebration of 25 years of one of my favorite Disney films, Hercules, here is my review of it.

I love this film because it is so much fun to watch and it's an excellent film. It's a feel-good film. The film tells the story of Hercules, except it's not faithful to the mythology is way too dark and pretty sad. They had to change much from the source material. 

In Greek Mythology, Hercules had to do twelve labors after killing his wife and children because of Hera.
The story is much darker, and yeah, look it up. I find the character of Hercules to be a really good lead, and we can all relate to his character just trying to be accepted for who he is and seeing where he belongs. 
Most people like this version of Hercules because we can all relate to him and his struggles. Also, we love that song. I can go the distance. It's such a great song. 

The film is about Hercules, whose trying to become a true hero, and the film deals with those themes. What makes a hero a hero, and what is a true hero? In the movie, Hercules is treated like an outcast because of his god's strength and wants people to accept him. So his dad Zeus tells him to get trained by Phil, voiced by the legendary Danny Devito. 
Disney, you better bring back Danny as Phil for the live-action remake. He owns that role. Phil is one of the best characters in the film because he is voiced by Danny Devito, and he's just so funny and so much fun to watch.
Hercules trains under Phil, and of course, he meets Meg, who should be a Disney princess because she is fantastic. If you think about it, Meg is the real hero of the story because I remember watching a review, and someone pointed out that Meg is actually the hero, representing what a true hero is. The more you think about it, Meg is the story's real hero. For example, she gave her soul to Hades to save her ex-boyfriend, she refused to help Hades, whose a god, and she sacrificed her life to save Hercules resulting in him getting his super strength back. I remember watching a review of Hercules; The reviewer pointed this out, and she was right. The more I think about it, Meg is the film's real hero. 

Of course, the best character in the whole film is Hades, played by James Woods.
Hades is the best character in this film, and you can't help but want to root for him. Like, he's so likable, and he's so funny too. 
Hades is one of my favorite Disney villains because I find him so much fun to watch on screen. He is so entertaining, and he is the best thing in this whole film. Many movie fans have admitted they routed for this guy to win because he's just so likable. It's also funny because, in Greek Mythology, Hades was actually the nicest god out of all the Greek gods. Zeus was an asshole and total player who slept with countless women and men.

The film's animation is excellent and well made; the fight scene between Hercules and the Hydra was epic and suspenseful. The characters in the movie are fantastic, and the story is good but does have some issues but still like, I love this film. It's from childhood. The songs are memorable, like Go the Distance, Zero to Hero, One Last Hope, A Star Is Born, and I Won't Say I'm in Love. Great songs.
The movie has the Muses as the film's narrators, and these ladies have excellent singing voices. After all, they are goddesses of the arts and proclaimers of heroes. I love the song they sing, Zero to Hero. 
Hercules and Meg in this version have a happier ending while in the mythology, not really. 

I really enjoy this film a lot, and it's an excellent film to watch any day. I love this film. 
I give it an 8 out of 10. It's a beautiful film, but if you are more of a fan of the actual mythology of Marvel's Hercules, that's fine. 

Guy will Direct the film. 
Russo Brothers will produce and write the film.
Also, let's hope the live-action remake will be good, but knowing the past live-action remakes might suck. I like the idea of the Russo Brothers being involved, and they announced Guy Ritchie will direct it. I just hope it's better than the Aladdin remake. Still, if I were to cast the characters in the films, here's who I would cast. 

Cameron Monaghan as Hercules 
Liz Gillies as Meg
Danny Devito as Phil (I mean, come on, he's the only one who could play the role.)
Nicolas Cage as Hades (Hades was hard casting.)
Russell Crowe as Zeus (I Know he's playing Zeus in Thor but hey, why not.), but
Miranda Otto as Hera
Keegan Michael Key and Charlie Day as Pain and Panic 
The Muses 
Beyonce as Calliope 
Tracee Ellis Ross as Clio
Yvette Nicole Brown as Thalia
 Zendaya as Terpsichore 
Tessa Thompson as Melpomene
Tate Donovan as Amphitryon and Susan Egan as Alceme 
(The voice actors as Hercules and Meg sound like a fun idea.)
Let me know what you think. 
Also, I hope you liked my review and Happy 25 years of Disney Hercules. 






No comments:

Post a Comment