Wednesday 3 August 2022

My Brave Review

 

My Brave Review 

To celebrate this film's tenth anniversary, here is my review of one of my favorite Pixar films. I love this film, this film has Celtic lore to it, and this is Pixar's first female lead film too. The movie is about a princess named Meredith who doesn't want to marry a suitor but be free to shoot arrows and live her own life. However, her mother wants to act like a lady and accept the idea of being a princess. The film has an excellent mother-daughter relationship, and that's the focus of the film of both of them acknowledging the other's point of view. In the movie, the two of them get into a fight, and Meredith runs away and meets a witch that will help her be free, but it turns out that what she gave her mother to eat turned her into a bear.

I love her parents in the film; like King Fergus, Meredith's father is one of the best characters in the movie. He loves her daughter for who she is, and he's king trying to act like a proper king, not a warrior. Queen Elenor is a good character and a good mother, rigorous and dutiful, but at the same time, she loves her family very much. Even when she's turned into a bear. I also love the brothers in the film. They are basically Pixar's Huey, Dewy, and Louie, who cause pranks and want to eat nothing but deserts. 

The Three Lords 
Lord MacGuffin
Lord Macintosh
Lord Dingwall 
Are so funny, and these three are just so much to watch. I wish they got a spin-off because that would be funny. I also love how at the end of the film, their sons agree with Meredith at the end of the film and don't wish to marry her because they don't know her that well. I also laugh at every Lord MacGuffin's son speaks. It's just like, what did he say?


The film's villain, Mor'du, is an evil bear that was once a clan prince who lost everything and cursed. If he was on steroids, he would be like the Fox and the Hound Bear. 

Brave also has excellent animation and along with good visuals too. I love how this movie was made, and I would say it's not Pixar's best film, but it's one of the best films they've made. Also, I love the songs from the movie, like Touch the Sky, Learn Me Right, and Into the Open Air song by Julie Fowlis. 
The cast in the film is excellent, like Kelly MacDonald as Merida, Emma Thompson as Queen Elinor, Billy Connolly as King Fergus, Craig Ferguson as Lord Macintosh, Kevin McKidd as Lord MacGuffin, Robbie Coltrane as Lord Dingwall, and Julie Walters as The Witch.

I love this film, and it's on my list of Pixar films. 
I give this film an 8 out of 10.
I recommend it to anyone.
Happy 10th Anniversary. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment