Friday 7 April 2023

Mario Bros Movie Review

 

Mario Bros Movie Review

So I saw Mario Bros the Movie over the weekend. Here is my review of it...I loved it. I had a great time with that movie, and this film has broken the video game curse. We finally got a good video game adaptation. I don't care what the critics at Rotten Tomatoes say because Rotten Tomatoes isn't that reliable anymore. 
The animation in this film is fantastic, and the rainbow race scene is one of the best scenes in the whole movie. This feels like a Mario film we fans have been waiting for a long time. 

Now the cast in the film all did a great job. 
Mario and Luigi were incredible in this film.
Chris Pratt and Charlie Day do a great job as Mario and Luigi.
Despite Chris Pratt's criticism, he does a good Mario voice, and Charlie Day, let's face it, Charlie was born to play Luigi. He is the green man, after all. 
Also, I found it funny that Mario hates mushrooms. My girlfriend said that he reminded him of me. Lol.
Anya Taylor Joy is excellent as Peach. I loved Peach in the film like she was so cool. Many people thought Peach was your typical damsel in stress, but if you look at the games, Peach is more than that. 
Bowser, in the film, is so funny, and he is voiced by Jack Black. I especially love this song he sings. I was laughing when I heard it. Bowser was a great villain. I hope he comes back in the next film. 
Donkey Kong was funny in the film, voiced by Seth Rogen like he was funny and cool.
I love his relationship with Mario in the film. They don't like each other, but in the end, they become friends. I hope to see a good Donkey Kong spin-off. 

I got a feeling these two will get together in future films.
Overall I really enjoyed this film; the action in the movie was great, and the music was catchy.
I love the Mario Kart scenes and the fight scenes between Mario and Bowser. This film I had such a blast watching this movie. I mean, the film does have issues, but overall, I enjoyed this movie very much. 
I give an 8 out of 10.
Go see it! Also, you will like this film if you're a Mario fan. 


Here's what I want to see in the future Mario Bros projects or the Nintendo Cinematic Universe. 


6. I want to see a Donkey Kong spin-off movie, which they are working on. 
It was already announced that a Donkey Kong spin-off movie is in the works, which I'm excited about, and doing a fan cast and ideas for a Donkey Kong movie. I want the film to have Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Candy Kong, and King K. Rool as the villain.  


5. I want to see Wario and Waluigi as the main villains or side villains in the next film.
I want Wario and Waluigi in the next film, either as the main villains or are working for Bowser, who wants revenge on Mario. Wario and Waluigi are Mario and Luigi's rivals, and they are the exact opposite of them. If I were to cast Wario, I would either cast Danny McBride or Danny Devito for Wario. For Waluigi, I would cast Hank Azaria or Nick Kroll.

4. I want to see a Luigi's Mansion movie.
Charlie Day wants to make a Luigi's Mansion movie, and this film perfectly sets it up. I think a Luigi's Mansion film would be so much to watch because it would be a funny and great film for Halloween. They can introduce Professor E Glad and King Boo. I will do a fan cast and ideas but won't have it released till October because, you know, Halloween. Also, King Boo did make a cameo in the Mario film. 


3. I want the next film to have Mario explore more worlds.
In the next Mario film, I want to see Mario travel to other worlds, and I like to see him go on an adventure with Yoshi, and maybe this time, Luigi tags along. The next films should look at Super Mario World, Mario 64, Mario Galaxy, and Mario Odyssey. There are so many more adventures to take Mario on, and maybe in the next film, he must rescue Peach if Bowser returns. Also, maybe Bowser will transform into Giga Bowser, or in the next movie, Wario and Waluigi will be the villains, or perhaps they are working for Bowser. Also, there is the idea of Bowser Jr and his siblings trying to get revenge on Mario, Luigi, Peach, and their friends after their dad was defeated.  

2. I want this film to build a Nintendo Cinematic Universe, aka the NCU, and possibly set up a Smash Bros movie.   
The video game curse has lifted. This film will set the stages for a Nintendo Cinematic Universe, and Chris Pratt has said this film is the first of the NCU. I would love to see this film series build a Mario Cinematic Universe and set up Legend of Zelda, Star Fox, Kirby, Metroid Prime, F-Zero, and many more. I got a feeling that Sonic and Detective Pikachu will be involved. I can see this universe being more animated, but seeing a mix of animated and live-action films and seeing them collide would be interesting. If they made a Smash Bros film, I don't know if it would be a team-up movie or if they all have to fight each other for Master Hand's entertainment, but they work together to stop him.  


1. I want to see a Legend of Zelda movie. 
With talks for a Zelda movie in the works, I love the idea, but I'm not sure Illumination is the proper studio to make it. They haven't done a serious animated film, but who knows? They might make a more serious animated film, depending on the writers and directors they get. I would be down for a Zelda animated movie or a maybe tv series because a tv series could have each episode Link exploring a temple. The first film should be based on Ocarina of Time or Breath of the Wild. I also heard reports that Henry Cavil is in talks with Illumination to voice Link. This could have been an April fool's prank, but this news came out around March 30. Still, I like the idea of Henry Cavil as Link. I would totally watch it, but I would look at the Zelda Mangas on how Link should talk in the film and not say cringe lines like "Excuse Me, Princess." such a cringe line. I want an epic Zelda film full of adventure, excitement, suspense, comedy, and romance, but just get writers and directors for it. 

So that's what I want to see in future Mario and Nintendo projects. 
I hope to see more of the NCU; this film is the start of something new. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment