Monday 18 December 2023

Wonka Review

 

My review of Wonka.

So I saw Wonka last night and heres my review of it...I had a fun time with this film. This was a good Wonka Origin film and the musical numbers were great too and the movie has songs from 1971 film. Except it's actually good. 

The film is an origin film on how Willy Wonka founded his chocolate factory and how he creates his chocolate. Wonka's origin is an interesting take because in the Johnny Depp Wonka film we learn he became a candy maker because his dad never allowed him to eat candy. In this version, his mom made home made chocolate and he decides when he grows up he's going to become chocolate inventor. In the film Wonka meets a girl named Noodle who wants to find her real family as it's your typical orphan living with an awful care taker storyline. The film is about Wonka helping her and of course her friends escape from the owners who they owe a large debt too. 

Personally I love all three of these films and all three of these actors did a great job playing Willy Wonka. 

This film had some funny moments and weird moments too. The film I would put on the same level with the 1971 film and as for Timothee Chalamet I feel like he did a good job was Willy Wonka. My girlfriend said he tried to act like a mix between Gene Wilder and Johnny Depp's Wonka. Timothee's Wonka did feel like that a mix of both being smart and witty as Gene and goofy and childish like Johnny. Overall Timothy did a great job and the rest of the cast all did great job like Hugh Grant as Oopa Loompa he was great but I hear he hated playing this character, Cala Lane who played Noodle she was great too, Sally Hawkins as Willy's mom she was great, and the rest of the cast all did a great job. 

I really did enjoy this film and I will say this not a spoiler but there is no Charlie or Grandpa Joe in this film. Although personally I would have added a cameo of Grandpa Joe or something. I like this film and I give a 7.8 out of 10. It's a fun musical and you will have the songs stuck in your head. Go see this film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment