Sunday 31 December 2023

Best Films and Worst Films and Shows of 2023 Update

 

The Best and Worst Films and Shows of 2023
(Updated)

Heres another top best and worst films of 2023 starting with the best and ending with the last. Now of course this year was bad for Hollywood since the writers and actors strike. However, things might get better or worse depending on what 2024 brings. 


Let's begin with the best films of 2023

11. Haunted Mansion 

All I can say this is better then the 2003 film and the cast is enjoyable to watch. As well I liked the villain of the film and who doesn't love Danny Devito. 

10. Little Mermaid 
I have a live-action Disney remake on my list of best films this year. The reason for this is the film was actually good, but don't get me wrong, it's still not as good as the animated one. However, I did like the cast, except Javier wasn't a good choice for Trition, and some of the changes in the story didn't work. Still, it's a pretty good movie.

9. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Mutant Mayhem.
I loved this film and I forgot to include it. This was a great Ninja Turtles film and the animation was great also I can't for the next one with Shredder. 


8. The Creator 
The Creator was interesting film and the special effects in this movie are fantastic. The cast was great and who doesn't love John David Washington. It's interesting because this film is about AI taking over the world and humans and AI are war with each other but there is a group of humans and AIs that want to live in peace. This was a good SCI FI movie I recommend it.  


7. Wonka 
I really enjoyed Wonka. It was a great musical, and the cast of this film all did a good job. This was a unique take on Wonka's origin. It's a fun movie for the whole family.


6. The Super Mario Bros Movie 
I loved this film, and as a fan of the Mario series, I loved this film. This film did the characters right and is way better than the 1993 film. This film, along with Last of Us, broke the video game adaptation curse. The whole cast in this film did well, even Chris Pratt, but the only one who fell flat was Seth Rogen as Donkey Kong. The film had great animation, and I hope we get a sequel and spin-offs like Luigi's Mansion. I'm pissed the Oscars didn't nominate Peaches as one of the best songs this year as best song. Come on, it's way better than Frozen's Let It Go.  

5. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3
I loved this film, and let's face it, I'm not big on current MCU films, but Vol 3 was fantastic, and I actually cared about the story and characters. This film also made me cry because if you love animals, this movie has a strong theme of animal cruelty. This was a great film to end the Guardians of the Galaxy film trilogy, and they gave everyone a proper send-off this film. I'm excited to see what Gunn has in store with the DCU, and I wish Marvel would make films like this again. 

4. Oppenheimer
Now, despite this movie being very long, I still love it, and I just love the line, "Now, I have become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds." Oppenheimer is about the creation of the atomic bomb, and the film has an all-star cast, but despite how big the cast is, Nolan still does a great job and focuses mainly on Oppenheimer, played by Cillian Murphy. This film was great, but I do feel like it dragged on a bit too long. Overall, it is a great film. 


3. John Wick Chapter 4
This is another film on how you end a franchise because, let me tell ya, Chapter 4 was awesome. It's the longest John Wick film, and it delivers so much action and a great ending. Who doesn't love Keanu Reeves because he delivers an action-packed epic conclusion to the John Wick Series. 


2. Spider-Man Across the Spider-Verse
This was the best-animated film of the year. I just love this film. It had fantastic animation, which is how you do a multiverse film. Spider-Verse 2 delivers an epic follow-up film. I really want part 3, but sadly, we haven't gotten it for a while because of studio drama and the strikes. Still, I can't wait for Spider-Verse 3 because the ending makes you want part 3 so badly. Also Marvel takes notes on how to do a multiverse saga from this series. 


1. Godzilla Minus One
Godzilla Minus One is the best film of 2023 because it's so well made and was made from a 15-million-dollar budget. The film was made in Japan, and let me tell ya, this is one of the best Godzilla films I've seen. I felt a deep connection with the characters and how it's a story about redemption, family, and honor. Godzilla Minus One is the best film of the year for me. 





Now here is the worst movies of 2023

6. Wish 
This was Disney's 100th film, and it's a letdown. Some of the songs were good, but this film was a letdown. The original concept was that the star would be a male human and a love interest for Asha. Still, they cut it because we can't have a Disney princess with a love interest. Also, in the original story, Queen Amaya was also supposed to be a villain. We could have gotten a Disney Villain couple, something we have yet to see, but Disney didn't want that because of "pandering." 
The original idea would have been much better as well. I remember reading an article where someone pointed out that Disney should have made a Spider-Verse-type movie. That would have been a more astonishing idea for their 100th film, a Spider-Verse-type film. At least Once Upon A Studio was a great short film celebrating 100 years. 

5. Dial of Destiny 
To be honest I don't think we needed another Indiana Jones film after Crystal Skull. I mean it was great seeing Harrison come back but this film I just feel didn't need to happen because in my opinion Last Crusade is the right ending to Indiana Jones not this film.

4. The Marvels 
That musical scene was too hard to watch and despite the Beast cameo this film was bad. I mean I liked Iman Vellani as Ms Marvel but the rest of the film was just bad. Seriously it's time for the MCU to get a reset/reboot because they need to go back to basics by telling good stories, with characters we actually care about.  

3. Ant-Man 3
I really hated this film like I hated how Scott was written and most of all I hated how Cassie Lang was written. She was one of the worst characters in the film and she came off so unlikeable especially when she hates on her dad. Whom saved everyone during Endgame. Also the special effects were bad especially with MODOK. This film was terrible just terrible. 

2. The Flash 
This is actually one of the worst superhero films ever because WB was stupid in not firing that creepy Ezra. The movie was there for no reason and I will Keaton was only good thing about the film everything I didn't care for. I'm so glad we are getting a full reset and whoever they cast as Flash is better than Ezra. 


1. Peter Pan and Wendy
This was just horrible like my god this was a horrible film they downgrade Peter Pan, Wendy and it's just an awful film. This was the worst film of 2023 like I couldn't get through it because that's how bad it is. 



So that's my top best movies and worst movies. Now here is my top best shows and worst shows. Starting with Best Shows.

5. Wheel of Time Season 2
I found season 2 to be an improvement of season 1, and as someone who reads the Wheel of Time books, I think this show is doing better. Some of the storylines were good, the characters were well-written, and there were changes I didn't like, but hey, we can never get a faithful adaption of a series. 
Still, I wouldn't say I like how the show keeps sidelining Rand, the series' protagonist for Moraine. He is the main character of the series. I don't generally like sidling the main character; it just bugs me. 


4. Gen V 
Gen V was a great spin-off from the Boys and the whole cast of this show were amazing especially like Marie she was one of the best characters in the show. 

3. Invincible Season 2
This was only part one of season two, but the animation was great, and I love the multiverse concept. I was even shocked that the writers made Amber, one of the most hated characters from season 1, more likeable. The show creators didn't want to admit it but saw why fans didn't like her and made her likable. Overall, I'm excited for part 2 of season 2.


2. One Piece 
This is the first good anime/manga adaption and I got to give credit to Netflix and Oda himself because he saved this live action show. Everyone did a great job but I do understand why some fans don't like some of the changes they made and I understand. 

1. The Bear Season 2
Season 2 of The Bear was fantastic like this series is so good and the best episodes was Fishes. It is an incredible episode set during christmas and oh my god it is one of the worst christmas dinners to go too. Bear Season 2 is fantastic. 

and the worst shows or should I just say worst show is...



1. Secret Invasion 
This is the worst show of 2023, and the worst project the MCU has ever done! I hated how this show ruined Nick Fury; all the characters and the story itself are garbage. This was so bad; Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes, the animated series, did a better job adapting Secret Invasion. Honestly, this was so bad. One day, we get a proper Secret Invasion adaptation when the MCU gets rebooted and goes back to good storytelling, not pandering.


As well I hated Castlevania Nocturne  
This new Castlevania is not as good as the first series like I wrote before and I put this actually as number 2 of worst show this year for me. 
Sorry for the quick updates I was sick and I just realize what other projects I forgot to include.


So that's my Best films and Worst and Shows of 2023.
Let me know what you think and Happy New Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment