Monday 20 May 2024

Kingdom of the Apes Review

 

My Kingdom of the Apes Review 

So I saw Kingdom of the Apes over the weekend, and here's my review of it. I liked it. I thought it was a good film, but it wasn't as good as the first film. The film takes place three hundred years after Caesar's death, and we focus on a new ape named Noa. I liked Noa. He was a good lead, and it's still debatable if he is related to Caesar properly, not because Caesar has become a myth and legend to apes. One interesting thing is that Noa is the chief's son of the eagle clan. I hope they show us more clans in the future. One scene that made me laugh was when Noa is trying to bond with an eagle, but it doesn't respect him despite it being his father's eagle. 

The film's story is that Noa has to rescue his clan from an evil king named Proximus Caesar and on his journey, he meets another ape named Raka, a member of the Caesar worship, and a human woman named Mae who can still talk and act like a human. The film has some good action and good storytelling. I like where the series is going so far. The film cast all do a great job playing the characters. As for Mae, I did like it at first, but by the end, I grew to dislike her choices at the end of the film. I think some people would agree or disagree because humans are now mindless and treated as animals by apes.

One of the standout elements of the film is the villain, Proxmius Caesar, portrayed brilliantly by Kevin Durand. His performance brings depth and intensity to the character, making him a formidable adversary for Noa and his clan.
I give this a movie 8 out of 10.
It's not as good as the first films because this one is lighter than the last two. 
I also like they play original music from the first Planet of the Apes from 1968. 


After seeing this movie, I can trust Wes Ball to make a good Zelda movie. Also, the film's villain gave, Proxmius Caesar gave me Ganondorf vibes, and I won't give anything away, but this film shows me he can make a good Zelda film.
Also I think Kevin Durand should play Ganondorf in the Zelda Movie.



No comments:

Post a Comment