Monday 11 September 2017

My Review The Orville

The Orville
Seth Macfarlane's Star Trek Spoof

So I watched the Orville last night and here's my review it.........Its okay its a fun show. Like to be honest I love Seth Macfarlane I'm big fan of his work, I love American Dad, Family Guy, and Ted. I like his music and I love him as the Emperor in the Robot Chicken Star Wars. Seth Macfarlane is a big Star Trek fan and he's said in interviews how much he's always wanted to do a star trek tv show. Like he knows the whole cast of Star Trek Next Generation he even got them to guest star on Family Guy and he's works a lot with Patrick Stewart on American Dad and Ted.  
"Threes days at my house and three days at Levar 
      and alternating sundays." Patrick Stewart
      "For a pencil topper!"Stewie Griffin

Bullock is one of the best characters on American Dad.


Now the question is does this show deliver a good spoof of Star Trek, well its not that bad as people say it is and I can tell Seth put a lot of effort into this show.
Meet The Orville Crew Ed, Kelly, Dr. Clarie,
  Issac, Bortus, Gordon, John, and Alara.

The show is basically about Ed played by Seth who finds out his wife cheated on him and after they divorce he gets the chance to be the captain of the Orville. Which he is excited for until, he finds out his ex wife is going to be his first officer and that must be the most awkward thing that could happen to him. In truth spoiler by the way it was his ex wife who got him the job of captain on the Orville.  The characters in the show aren't that bad they're kind of cool and their kind of funny. The effects of the show aren't that great, but what do you expect this isn't the new Star Trek tv series that's coming out next week, it's a parody of Star Trek of course the effects aren't going to be that great. The make up though is pretty good and the show is creative like I found it funny that one of the characters Isaac is from race that are super racist and Bortus is from a planet that is only male and there is no issue on who leaves toilet seat up.   

                          
I'm still going to watch this show and hey maybe something will change it will get better, but there is a part of me that feels this show will get cancelled by its sixth episode. If this gets cancelled I'll be like really why is it that Orville gets cancelled but Kevin Can Wait gets renewed. I do think Seth should stick doing more animated shows but I understand if he wants to try something new like hell he's in Logan Lucky and that movie has been praised by critics. The Orville isn't a bad show its watchable and it has potential to be good sci fi spoof. Like hell if Iron Fist can get a second chance so can this show.  I give this a solid C and I'm hoping this show does get better if not, well we got a Galaxy Quest tv series from Amazon in the works. (Even without Alan Rickman.) 









No comments:

Post a Comment