Tuesday 31 January 2023

My Thoughts on James Gunn's DCU plan.

My Thoughts on James Gunn's DCU Chapter One 
Gods and Monsters.

So James Gunn has announced the first chapter of his DCU, and here are my thoughts on it. Now Gunn has announced that The Batman film series and Joker 2 will be Elseworld films, so they will be safe along with a few other stuff. I like the idea they can make other DC films and shows that can remain separate from the DCU. I would love to see Batman Beyond with Michael Keaton, Kingdom Come, Superman Red Sun, and Earth-Two. 
He confirmed that Shazam, Blue Beetle, Aquaman, and Flash will be part of the DCU. The Flash will reset everything. 
The DCU will begin with Superman, and it will be called Superman Legacy, and it shall explore Superman's legacy as the last son of Krypton and the protector of Earth. I hear it will be based on Superman All-Star, which is a good idea. Gunn will write the script, and he may direct it. I'm glad it's not an origin story, and I hope for Brainiac as the villain in the film. I also want the film to be a fun and inspiring movie to watch. I also want Gunn to set up Superman as the leader of the Justice League. 

We're getting a DCU Batman film called Brave and the Bold, not to cause confusion with The Batman. I'm excited about this film because it will have the Bat Family, and it's about Batman and his son Damian Wayne. I'm so happy that Damian is going to be in the film, and it's about Batman trying to get to know his son and teach him not to kill because he was trained as an assassin. No doubt the League of Assassins will be involved in the film. I'm actually really excited about this movie. I would have made a tv series for the DCU Batman, but this is good too. I love the father and son storyline because it's based on Grant Morrison Batman and Son. 

We're getting a complete reboot of Green Lantern. Called Lanterns. I'm very excited to watch it. I love how it will have a true detective vibe to it. I love the idea it will be a space buddy cop series. I especially love that the Green Lanterns they will focus on will be Hal Jordan and John Stewart. I think this show will be good and, it will make up for the 2011 film because this series needs to be set mainly in space, have more green lanterns, set up future ones like Guy, Kyle, and many more, and introduce other lantern corps like Yellow, Red, Blue, Violet, Orange, and Indigo. 

Booster Gold could be a fun tv series to watch. It's about a loser from the future who wants to be loved, so he goes back in time to become a hero and be beloved by everyone. I like that idea. It could be a hilarious show. I'll give it a watch. 

The Authority is interesting. I've never read the comics the only two characters I know are Midnighter and Apollo. I wouldn't be surprised if fans put a hashtag cast Matt Bomer and Luke Evans as Apollo and Midnighter. I'll give this film a watch. 


We're getting a Supergirl film called Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow. The film will be an origin film, but it's based on Tom King's Woman of Tomorrow book. She's living on a piece of krypton land after it was destroyed. It's about her surviving in the galaxy. It looks interesting. I'll give it a watch. I don't know if they will keep the actress playing Supergirl in Flash. They might recast, but the actress who played in her Flash could be in an Elseworld film. 

It was announced that we are getting a Themyscira series that will be Paradise Lost. The series is basically Game of Thrones but with amazons. It looks like a neat idea. This series could likely be a reboot of Wonder Woman since 84 was awful. I would like to see the Amazons of Themyscira go up against the Amazons of Bana Mighdall. That would be a pretty cool series. Wonder Woman, I don't know if she will be it or not. It might just focus on her mother.

We got a Swamp Thing movie happening as well. Some people are excited about this film because it will be a straight-up horror film. Fans already want Guillermo Del Toro to make this film. I'm down for that idea too. 


We are getting an Amanda Waller show, and I'm not that excited about it, but they got Peacemaker writers involved, and the Doom Patrol showrunner is making the show. Viola Davis will return in the Waller show, which means Peacemaker and Suicide are still canon in the DCU not surprising, to be honest. 


And finally, we are getting Creature Commandos which will be animated series. It's about monsters fighting nazis which is cool, but it's set in modern times. I would have set it in WW2 instead of modern times. However, I'll give this show a watch. Gunn has written the episodes of the show. 


(Google Image)
So overall, I am excited to see what Gunn is going to do, but I have to choose which series I'm most excited about: Superman Legacy, Brave and the Bold, and Lanterns. I think those three projects will set up Justice League. The other projects like Aurthity, Supergirl, and Waller, I believe, will be in the same universe. Still, the characters won't be members of the Justice League Gunn has even said this is only half of chapter one, and more films will be announced in the future. So all I can say is I'm looking forward to seeing these films and shows. I hope they are good, and I think Gunn does a good job of giving us a proper DC Cinematic Universe. As well, I'm so happy Reeves is still going to make his Batman films.  

No comments:

Post a Comment