Tuesday 11 July 2023

Montreal Food Review.

 

So last week, I went to Montreal and had a great time.
This is my first blog. It's a food review because the restaurants I went to were excellent. 
The first restaurant I went to with my girlfriend was 
Taiyo Downtown Sushi
This was a great restaurant where you order from a tablet instead of waiting for a waiter.
The food was 8 out of 10 for me, and for my girlfriend, it was 7.5 out of 10. 
The sushi was good, the teriyaki chicken was great, general tao chicken was good but not that spicy.
The rest of the food was good, like the sushi and the miso soup. 
I recommend this place if you ever go to Montreal. 
The next place we went to was a bar called Saint Bock.
Now we didn't order any food because we had dinner at the Japanese 

The finest golden beer I've had in a long time.
This is the sweetest beer me and my girlfriend I ever had. Like you can't taste any alcohol in the drink.
I give 8 out of 10, and my girlfriend gives it an 8.5 out of 10.  

The following day we went to this excellent bagel place, and I got to tell ya, if you want good bagels, go to Montreal because it's all fresh.
I ordered the cream cheese bagel, which was good, but the cheese egg bagel that my girlfriend got was delicious. I wished I had ordered that instead. 
I give this place an 8 out of 10, and my girlfriend gives it an 8.9 out of 10.
The bagel place was called Hinnawi Bros Bagel and Cafe.

Now this was the best Deli restaurant I've ever gone to.
I ordered the smoked meat sandwich, the best sandwich I've ever eaten.
Like the meat was cooked perfectly, and the mustard was good too. 
The lineup at Schwartz was so busy everyone got a sandwich here, and it's owned by Celina Dion.
I gave it a 9 out of 10, and my girlfriend gave it a 9 out of 10. 
If you go to Montreal, go to Schwartz. They have been around since 1928. 

For Dinner, we went to Omnivore, a Mediterranean restaurant, and I got to tell ya, they make good Shawarma there. It's fresh and well-presented. Also, the lemonade there is freshly squeezed. 
I gave it an 8 out of 10, and my girlfriend gave it an 8 out of 10.

Later that night, we went to a Mexican restaurant called 3 Amigos for drinks and nachos. 
The drinks were good, and to our surprise, we didn't taste any alcohol. It was very fruity. 

The Nachos were good, but they didn't have enough cheese on them, in my opinion. 
I give it a 7 out of 10, and the same for my girlfriend, but she gives it a 7.5 out of 10. 
Also, in the restaurant, all the waiters ran to the customer's tables because it was so busy on Friday. Like everyone was partying like crazy on Friday.
Also, we went to two donut places. The first was Trou De Beigne. They made small but delicious donuts. 
I gave those donuts an 8 out of 10, and my girlfriend gave it a 9 out of 10. As well another one called La Beignerie, they made big donuts, and they were great, and we both gave them 10 out of 10.

On the morning of Saturday, we went to a cafe called Plateau Mont-Royal.
The made freshly brewed coffee, and the croissant was freshly baked. My girlfriend got chocolate, and she loved it. 
She gave it an 8.5 out of 10, and I gave it the same.
The coffee is 8.5 for us too. 



Now our last day, we had to get poutine, and we went to this good poutine restaurant that was really popular.  After we climbed Mount Royal, we walked all the way to this restaurant, and there was an extensive line for it. 
We shared a poutine, and wow, it was incredible, like 10 out of 10 for me. It was the best poutine I ever had, and my girlfriend loved it too but thinks the cheese could have been melted more. She gave it a 9.5 out of 10.  
Now the last restaurant we had for dinner in Montreal was another Mexican restaurant called Arriba Burrito.
The service was understaffed, and the music inside was way too loud. However, the food was terrific, like the delicious fresh tacos. 
I gave this place a 9 out of 10, and my girlfriend gave it a 9 out of 10. 
I just hope they will lower the music if I ever return to this place. 
The morning before we left, we went to this excellent bagel restaurant called. 
St-Viateur Bagel and Cafe Mont-Royal.
The bagels were terrific and fresh too.
My girlfriend's bagel was delicious, and she loved it. I got a BLT bagel, and it was great too.
She gave it a 10 out of 10, and I gave it the same 10 out of 10.


Overall we had a great trip, and I recommend going to Montreal because they have great food, and it is Party City like they say it is.
Let me know what you think, and this is the first of many Food Blogs from me.













No comments:

Post a Comment