Saturday, 3 October 2026

What I want to see and don't want see in the MCU Ghost Rider film

 

What I want to see and don't want to see in 
the MCU Ghost Rider Film.
Now we know Ryan Gosling is playing Ghost Rider in the MCU Ghost Rider film, and I'm now excited for this film. He was always my first choice to play Ghost Rider. Now I'm going to write what I want to see in the MCU Ghost Rider film, and I hope it's Johnny Blaze they are going with, or Danny Ketch would be a good choice too. So here is what I want to see for the Ghost Rider film and what I don't want to see. 
What I want to see in the MCU Ghost Rider film.

5. It needs to be a supernatural horror film.
Now, Ghost Rider this film needs to be a supernatural, dark, gritty, horror film; it needs to be that. Now, if they do add humor to the film, that's fine, but make it funny humor like Shaun of the Dead, Army of Darkness, Zombieland, and the Hellboy films. It needs to be something like that where it is a superhero film that has horror and frightening scenes. Also this film should be rated R not pg-13. That's what we want in a Ghost Rider film a dark, gritty, R-rated, horror movie. 


4. Ghost Rider needs to fights actual monsters and demons not an emo boyband. 
If this film is the setup for the Supernatural side of the MCU, we need to see Ghost Rider fight actual demons and monsters. Not emo boy bands. We need to see this character fight villains like Blackheart, Mephisto, Jack O'Lantern, Scarecrow, Blackout, Lilith, and Deathwatch. We need to see Ghost Rider battle these types of villains in the films; they are evil to the core, with no redeeming qualities or any sense of being misunderstood. We need more villains who are villains, and this Ghost Rider film can give us that. 


3. The film should explore the Blaze family and the spirit of vengeance. 
Now I feel like the Nic Cage films didn't explore this enough, but I think these films need to explore the Blaze family and their history with the Spirit of Vengeance. The film should also feature Danny as well and have him become a Ghost Rider too, and it could be about two brothers avenging their sister's death at the end of Deathwatch, depending on whether that's the plot of the first film. We need a Ghost Rider film that explores the Blaze Family’s history. 


2. The film should set up Midnight Sons.
The film could set up the Midnight Sons film, which could focus on Ghost Rider, Blade, Moonknight, Dr. Strange, and Werewolf by Night. It could be a supernatural team-up with these heroes as they do battle against Lilith, the Queen of Demons, or Mephisto. The whole film is about the supernatural heroes battling the forces of evil. 

1. It needs to be a faithful adaption of the Ghost Rider comic.
Now this film needs to be a faithful adaptation of the comic, whether this film will be a retelling of Ghost Rider's Origin. Still, it's more faithful to the comics, or he's already established as Ghost Rider because we did see Ghost Rider in Agents of SHIELD. Still, I think we should get another origin film, but if they choose to skip it, that's fine as long as the storyline is good and Shaun Levy gives us a proper Ghost Rider straight from the comics. I'll be happy with whatever they do as long as it’s proper, comic-accurate Ghost Rider. I just hope they won't mess up the character like they have with most of their characters lately in the MCU. 
Now here is what I don't want to see in the film. 

4. Learn from the bad writing in Nic Cage's Ghost Rider. 
This film will likely avoid the mistakes of Nic Cage's Ghost Rider films because those films were fun with Nic Cage, but let's face it, those films were bad. So I think they will know what didn't work in these films.


3. Don't have a forced Co-Lead in the film unless it's an important character from Johnny's life.
Now another MCU trope we always get is a forced Co-Lead that doesn't need to be there. If the co-lead is his brother Danny Ketch, that's fine because he is a Ghost Rider too; Robbie Reyes would work too, or Roxanne Simpson, that's fine too. Just don't give Ghost Rider some forced Co-lead that's there for pandering's sake. 

2. Don't have any forced jokes or comedy in the film.
I hope this film doesn't follow the MCU's annoying forced-comedy trope, where it just feels out of place. Like Thor: Love and Thunder and Ant-Man 3 did. If you are going to have jokes in the films or funny scenes, that's fine, but please don't make them feel forced. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3's jokes worked, so if the jokes work, then it fits, but if they don't, don't force it. Like the picture shows, don't have a scene of Ghost Rider eating ice cream and it melts; it will come across as forced that, oh, he can't eat ice cream when he's Ghost Rider. No forced jokes in this film. 

1. Don't have the villains be misunderstood or sympathetic. You can't make Mephisto a misunderstood villain.  
Now, this is another thing: do not make Ghost Rider's villains misunderstood. Like, for God's sake, Mephisto is one of the most evil characters in Marvel comics; he is the devil, satan, and the prince of darkness. You can't make him sympathetic, and let's remember he's the character that ended Peter Parker's marriage. Don't make any of these demons or monsters sympathetic. I mean, sure, there are some good monsters in the MCU, but the demons and monsters Ghost Rider fights are evil to the core. Also, if anyone brings up Hazbin Hotel, that's different; the devil in that is more good, while Mephisto is twisted and evil to the core. Same with Blackheart, Lilith Mother of Demons, Blackout, and Deathwatch.

That's what I want to see and don't want to see in the MCU Ghost Rider film. Let me know what you think and what you want to see in this film too.
Happy Halloween
to all my viewers!!!

















No comments:

Post a Comment