Wednesday 15 March 2023

How Marvel should have made Black Panther Wakanda Forever Spoilers

 

How Marvel should have made Black Panther Wakanda Forever. 

So I'm doing how Marvel should have made Black Panther Wakanda Forever because I understand what Marvel and Ryan Coogler were trying to do. They wanted to honor Chadwick Boseman, but I don't think they needed to kill off T'Challa in the film to honor him. Here's how I think Marvel should have made it. 



7. The film messed up Namor, but I still like the actor.
I liked the actor who played Namor, but I didn't like how he was written. I know they had to change his origin because of Aquaman. I wish they still called the underwater kingdom Atlantis because Atlantis is not owned by WB. After all, it's in the Public Domain. You know what they could have done was reveal that Talokan also means Atlantis. That would have been cool. It would have worked. 
I wasn't a fan of how they changed his origin, too, and cut his father out, and I hated how his name now means boy raised without love. Which is stupid. Avenging Son sounds more badass. I would have kept Avenging Son because his mother saw what a great warrior he would be. I think the film should have kept its original origin. You can change it, but most didn't make sense. I also feel like this movie should be about him facing off against T'Challa, both kings who have lost a lot in their lives, and they form the greatest rivalry in the MCU. Sadly we didn't get that. There are so many plot holes with Namor's new origin they should have stuck to the original source, but I know they couldn't because of film rights since Namor rights are owned by Universal and, of course, the Aquaman movie. At least they could have kept the meaning of his name. Avenging Son is way better than Boy Raised Without Love. I also wish the character said his enemies Submariner, but I know they couldn't. 
However, I also think the movie should have had that Wakanda and Atlantis have been enemies for centuries, and there's a long bloody history between them. That should have been added to the movie because it would have been more interesting. I think that's the approach they should have taken with Namor. It would have been more interesting to dive into this feud between Wakanda and Atlantis. 
Also, I wish this was the Talokan because this is from the comics.
This looks so much better because it was dark and gloomy in the movie.
This would have been a better look.

6. Iron Heart didn't need to be in this film. 
If you liked Iron Heart, that's fine, but I felt this character was forced into the movie. She's just there to be the Iron Man replacement. It made no sense that Namor wanted to go after Riri for her technology, and it just didn't work. I would not have included Riri in this film; I would have gone with someone else like Storm, Kasper Cole, or just someone who's been part of the Black Panther mythos. 
Nothing against the actress. She did a good job, but her character didn't need to be in it. There was no need for Iron Heart to be in this film. You could write a follow-up that doesn't need this character because she doesn't work. 


5. Queen Ramonda didn't have to be killed off.   
Queen Ramonda was killed in the film, but it's a shame because of the actress who played her, Angela Bassett. She did a great job, and I hope she wins the oscar because she deserves it. Angela herself didn't like the idea of her character being killed off, and I get it. It did feel forced just to build drama. When I did a Black Panther 2 Fan Cast and Ideas. I did write Ramonda would be killed by Tiger Shark, but that would further the plot because T'Challa thinks Namor is a backstabber, but he didn't go back on his word of making peace, and Namor finds out his cousin was killed by Wakanda soldiers, but it wasn't. It was Changamire's followers posing as soldiers. Both T'Challa and Namor were set up by Changamire and Attuma, who are trying to take over both Wakanda and Atlantis. Her death in the movie felt forced in this film, and they could have done more with the character. You could have ended it with her being with her daughter and grandson or giving her a better death. 


4. Having Shuri as Black Panther does work; however, the film could have two Black Panthers.
Many people liked Shuri in the film, and she's now the Black Panther, but at the same time, some fans don't think she should have been Black Panther. Some believe Okoye or Naika would have been better choices instead of Shuri. I felt they did an excellent job with Shuri, but I found it weird that she gets stabbed in the chest but doesn't die, but Kilmonger died from being stabbed in the chest. Making Shuri a Black Panther works because they have been planning this since 2017. If they kept T'Challa, you could have her become a Black Panther. T'Challa is still Black Panther, but he leaves Wakanda and becomes the new leader of the Avengers. Shuri would protect Wakanda as Black Panther and maybe even have her as queen. We can have two Black Panthers. It's happened in the comics. I saw Shuri becoming Black Panther, but I still wish T'Challa was in it because it would have been cool to see them both as Black Panthers. 


3. They should have taken more time to mourn and recover from Chadwick's death.
Now Chadwick Boseman's death was a tragedy to all of us, his family, and the cast and crew of the first film. He was an amazing guy who was taken too soon. I think what they should have done besides not killing off T'Challa. They should have taken more time to mourn and heal from his death. I would have delayed Wakanda Forever to Phase 5 and let everyone mourn and give them more time to heal. They should have made that Wakanda show they've been working on. I would have made the Wakanda show for Phase 4 and have the show focus on each tribe of Wakanda, and you could have Okoye and M'Baku as the leads. The show is set between Infinity War and Endgame, and it would set the stages for Black Panther 2. We have more time to set up for Namor; we see how the people of Wakanda react to opening up its borders to the outside world; we are introduced to the character of Changamire, who wants to start a revolution in Wakanda, and how the people are handling the deaths of T'Challa, Shuri, and everyone who died during the Infinity War. 
I understand their situation, and as I mentioned, they did a good job paying tribute to Chadwick.
That would have been the best idea, giving the cast and crew more time to heal after losing Chadwick Boseman. The show also pays tribute to Chadwick, and the people of Wakanda mourn their king's death, but in the end, he returns, showing death is not the end. 


2. I think the film should have stuck with the original plot. 
Originally, the story was a father and son storyline. About T'Challa and T'Challa jr unless they change his name to Azuri or T'Chaka. In the original story, T'Challa learns he has a son with Naika, but she is now married and loves her new husband. However, T'Challa bonds with his son because he missed five years of his life with him. I think that would have been a fantastic film because we don't get a lot of Father and Sons stories these days unless you count God of War. Don't get me wrong, I did like the Shuri and Ramonda storyline because it was a good Mother-and-Daughter storyline. Still, I think the original storyline was more interesting because it was about T'Challa and his son; it focused on grief, and most of all T'Challa and Namor would have fought each other. They should have stuck with the original idea because it was about T'Challa, and fans want to see more adventures with that character. They could still adapt this storyline if they bring back T'Challa in Kang Dysatny. It would have to be a variant from a different universe, though. He joins the MCU after defeating Kang. T'Challa would bond with his son, and the third film focuses on fathers and sons and strong male leads. Just an idea for the third film, but seeing how Phase Four sidelined all of its protagonists, I think they would have sidelined T'Challa. Still, we need to see more heroic, positive male heroes in the future.  


1. They should have recast T'Challa.
I support the recast T'Challa movement and believe in what Derek Boseman said that Chadwick would have wanted a recast. I believe the character should have been recast because killing him off didn't feel right. The film did a great job paying tribute to Chadwick Boseman, but they didn't have to kill off his character. I would have kept those tributes to Chadwick, like the opening of the film paying tribute to him with the opening Marvel logo. During the film's credits, I would have another tribute to him, with this beautiful artwork that was made after his death.  
 
Full credit to the artist who made this beautiful tribute to Chadwick Boseman.
I would include these words.
"For Our Friend and Brother Chadwick Boseman. 
Rest in Power."
 
Recasting would not have been disrespectful to Chadwick, but I think it would honor him by continuing his character's story because there are more stories to tell with T'Challa. We've so many Spiderman, Batman, Superman, and even Jokers. 
If I were to recast the role of T'Challa, here are three actors who would be just as good as Chadwick. 
John David Washington 
 John is my first choice for the role and was excellent in Blackklansman and Tennet.
Aldis Hodge
 Aldis Hodge is my second choice for his performance in Straight Outta Compton and his performance as Hawkman in Black Adam. Now Aldis might be playing Hawkman for more projects, but maybe not since James Gunn took over. 
Yahya Abdul Mateen the Second.
 Yahya Abdul Mateen is my third choice since I don't think he will be with DC for long. He is set to play Wonder Man in the MCU, which is lame because Wonder Man sucks. I think Yahya should have played a better character instead of Wonder Man.

These are my top three actors, and I wouldn't say hey, here's the new T'Challa. I would say here is T'Challa, and this actor will continue this character's story. I would tell everyone to give him support and love for him to play the character that Chadwick brought to life. Yes, some fans wouldn't be happy with a recast, but I get it because Chadwick was a fantastic man. I would also have the actor do his own thing with the character, just like Michael Gambon did with Albus Dumbledore in the Harry Potter films after Richard Harris died. 
I would love to see a T'Challa variant inspired by 
The Man Without Fear Version.
However, there is still the idea of the Multiverse that we will see a T'Challa variant who could show up in either Kang Dystany or Secret Wars. As I mentioned, they could have a variant of T'Challa living in the MCU after his world is destroyed by Kang. That would be a good idea to bring back T'Challa. I don't want to see this character go to waste because T'Challa is the heart and soul of the Black Panther books, but who knows what the future holds.
So that's how I think Marvel should have made Wakanda Forever.
Let me know what you think?
Do you agree or disagree with me?
If you liked Wakanda Forever the way it was done, that's fine.











No comments:

Post a Comment