Thursday 16 March 2023

The Goonies Review

 

My Review of the Goonies.

To celebrate Ke Huy Quan's Oscar win, I thought I might review one of his best movies.
The Goonies starting Sean Astin aka Sam Wise Gamgee, Cory Feldman, Jeff Cohen, Martha Plimpton, Kerri Green, and Josh Brolin aka Thanos.
The Goonies focuses on four kids, Mikey, Mouth, Data, and Chunk, who find a map below of a famous pirate named one eye Willy. The Goonies decide to go on a treasure hunt and find Willy's treasure because they don't want their neighbor to get foreclosed for a new country club. However's not an easy treasure hunt, but they are not alone. Mikey's older brother Brand accompanies them, with Andy, a girl Brand has a crush on, and her best friend, Stef. They all face off against the criminal family, the Fratellis, and meet one of the best characters in the film Sloth.  
Sloth is one of the best characters in the film. 
Sloth was played by the late John Matuszak, former NFL player turned actor.,

I love this film. It's so much fun to watch, and I love all the film's characters. Chunk was my favorite character. He made me laugh so hard throughout the whole movie. The entire cast did a great job playing their characters and many fun lines like "Hey, you guys!" or "This is Our Time!" or "Goonies Never Say Die." 
LOL, the Truffle Shuffle made me laugh so hard as a kid. 

The Goonies is a feel-good movie, and you will have fun watching it. Let me tell ya, it's hard to believe all those kid actors are now in their 50s. I met Sean Astin, and he's such a nice guy, one of the nicest people I've ever met. The Goonies also has good set designs, and the film was directed by the late Richard Donnor, a story by Steven Spielberg and written by Christopher Columbus. This film is just a fun movie to watch, and it's feel-good and a classic 80s film because, let me tell ya, I think if they made a sequel, it would have ruined this movie. I heard they planned on making an animated series of the Goonies, but the kids are grown up, and it's about their kids. I don't know if it's going to happen anymore. Overall, I love the Goonies, and it's still classic to me, and it's a fun movie to watch, and it's crazy how Sean Astin went on to become Sam from Lord of the Rings; Josh Brolin would go on to play Thanos; and now Ke Huy Quan is an Oscar winner. I'll watch Everything Everywhere All At Once this week for my following review.  
The Goonies also inspired other stories like Stranger Things was influenced by The Goonies. 
The Goonies is still a great film, and I give it a 9 out of 10. 
Go watch this classic, and let's hope they don't remake it because we got Stranger Things for that. 












No comments:

Post a Comment