Saturday 18 March 2023

Shazam 2 Fury of the Gods Review

 

Shazam Fury of the Gods 
Review

So I saw Shazam Fury of the Gods, and here's my review of it...It was good but not as good as the first film. The film I felt dragged on a bit, and there were some silly moments in the movie. However, I still had a good time with this film; the cast did a great job, especially Zachary Levi as Shazam. The new cast members, Helen Mirren, Lucy Liu, and Rachel Zegler, played the gods Hesperides, Calypso, and Antheia and were good characters. The film's villain is Calypso, played by Lucy Liu, and she does a great job in the movie. The thought visual effects were incredible, and I love the mythology creatures in the movie's design. One character that shined out was Freddy. He was one of the best characters in the film, and I liked his relationship with Anna. Once again, they didn't sideline Shazam for him. I wish the film had addressed why Mary's superhero counterpart looks more like her. They should have included an explanation for that. 

Overall, Shazam Fury of the Gods was good but not as good as the first one. Also, the film does have a wonderful cameo, and I won't spoil it's a good cameo, and this film does set up the DCU. I feel this film isn't as good as the first one, but it's not bad. I find it more enjoyable than Ant-Man and the Wasp 3. 

I give Shazam Fury of the Gods 7 out of 10 and a B-. 

No comments:

Post a Comment