Saturday 9 March 2024

Barbie Review

 

My Barbie Review

So I finally saw the Barbie movie, and I liked this movie like I had fun with this movie. I had such a fun time watching this movie. Margot Robbie was great in the film; she nailed it as Barbie, and she gave one of the best performances as Barbie. I also loved Ryan Gosling in this film. He was great as Ken, and I loved the song Ken Enough. He was one of the best characters in the movie as well. Gloria, played by America Ferrera, was great in this film. I also like how her husband is shown to be trying to learn Spanish for her. Everyone in this movie did a great job playing their characters. Michael Cera's Allen was a great character too I think he might been Max Power doll which explains his fighting style.

Some funny moments had me laughing, like pregnant Barbie, Will Ferrell was funny in this film, and the Synder Cut joke was funny. This film was good, and Ken was my favorite character. I love how Barbie tells him he needs to find himself and find someone who loves him for who he is, and it's not Barbie. As well Barbie sees how the real world views her and how she wants all girls to see more than a fascist, and Ken wants to be accepted. You feel for both Barbie and Ken. 


I had a fun time watching it. It was well-written and a fun film to watch. I'm finally glad I watched it because it's an entertaining movie, and that's all it needs to be. I had a great time with this movie. The characters and the story are good, too. Yes, the movie has gender politics, which would annoy some people, but it doesn't ruin the film because it's just good movie. Like I wrote before I had fun with this movie.
It sucks that Margot Robbie and Greta Gerwig didn't get nominated for best actress and director. Even Ryan Gosling agrees they should have been nominated because they did a great job with this movie. 

I'm not Kenough was great.
Overall I give this film an 8 out of 10. Barbie is a fun movie to watch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment