Saturday 16 March 2024

My American Fiction Review

 

My American Fiction Review 

So, I saw American Fiction, and here's my review of it...I liked it. I found this film to be very enjoyable to watch and you feel for the character of Monk and his family. The film is about a writer named Monk who is frustrated and tired of the offensive tropes in black stories. So he uses a pen name for his book, he writes a book with those offensive tropes, and all of a sudden, this book becomes a huge hit, which he didn't want. As well the film dives into his family life like his father is dead and he cheated on their mother, his sister unexpectedly dies, his brother's wife and kids leave him after he finds out he is gay, and his mother has Alzheimer's. Monk is trying to look after his mother, dealing with his sister's death, his brother's drug problems and feeling unloved after coming out, and his love life with a woman named Coraline. 

Jeffery Wright gives one of his best performances in this film and this film had some heart felt moments, some sad moments, and moments that made me laugh. 

This film has some of the best acting I've seen, like Jeffery Wright. He was fantastic in the role; Tracee Ellis Ross was great, too; Sterling K. Brown was great; everyone in this film was great. I greatly enjoyed this film, and I give it an 8 out of 10. 

No comments:

Post a Comment