Tuesday 24 September 2024

My thoughts on the Hal Jordan Casting for Lanterns

 

So I've heard the news that DCU is talking so far with actor Kyle Chandler as Hal Jordan in the DCU. I'm not a fan of them casting an older actor for Hal Jord; I'm not too fond of that idea. I would rather they cast someone younger, like someone in their 30s or early 40s. I like Kyle Chandler. He is a great actor, and if he were much younger, he would make a great Hal Jordan. Still, they should have gone with a younger actor. I know they want Hal to mentor John Stewart. Even though I would have them the same age or close in age. 
I feel like they are setting up John Stewart to be the main Green Lantern of the DCU, and I'm cool with that. I grew up with that character from the Justice League animated series that's my childhood Green Lantern. Having John as the main Green Lantern does work, and he's a character I can see being the lead of the Green Lantern franchise, just like I can see a Flash movie with Wally West as the lead Flash of the DCU. To be honest, I can see them doing that, too.
I'm excited to see John Stewart in this show. I feel we are getting an animated series, Justice League Roaster, for the DCU Justice League. 
Now, one of the biggest things that I've learned is that Hal Jordan will only be in this one show. He won't see Hal Jordan in movies, so that is a bad sign that they might kill him off like they adapted the Emerald Twilight. 
That storyline turned Hal Jordan into a villain with Parallax, and he was killed off until he was brought back in 2008's Green Lantern Rebirth. Now, things could change. For example, maybe they kill off Hal Jordan at the end of season one but adapt Rebirth in season two and bring back the character with a younger actor. 
I can see them doing that, but it all depends on how it's done. 
If they do something like that, it can work. I don't want to see Hal Jordan go to waste or be a one time character. He is a fan favorite. I'm still looking forward to Lanterns, but I'm still big on the casting choice for Hal Jordan. I feel like they will waste him, but again, I could be wrong, and they could make some changes. That's what I think of this casting choice for Hal Jordan. Let me know what you think of this casting decision. Do you like it or hate it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment