So we have our MCU X-Men cast, and here are my thoughts on the casting and what I hope the film will deliver.
First my thoughts on the cast announced at Disney Expo.
Kit Connor as Cyclops
Now I've already given my thoughts on the casting of Cyclops, and I think Kit Connor will do a great job. I hope they do Cyclops right and make him a proper leader. I also heard that Cyclops will be the main character of the film, and it will center around him. I hope it's true; it's just a rumor because I don't think Jean will work after Brand New Day.
Maya Boyd as Storm
So I don't know much about Maya Boyd, but I think she will do a great job as Storm, and it's likely we will see her in Black Panther 3 as T'Challa's love interest, and I would love to see Storm as co-lead in this film with Cyclops because, to me, they are the best X-Men leaders in comics. I really like Jasmin Lawson as Storm, but Maya will be good.
Christopher Abbot as Professor X
Christopher Abbot is our new Xavier, and I haven't seen him in many films or shows, but I think he will do a good job playing Xavier in the film.
Samara Weaving as Emma Frost
Now, Samara Weaving as Emma Frost: she is perfect for the role. She looks the part, and personally I would have made her Scott's main love interest over Jean, but hey, a lot of people are saying Kit Connor is going to have a fun time. I hope there isn't a love triangle, but it's likely there will be one involving Scott, Jean, and Emma; hopefully it's better written. I think Emma will be an enemy of the X-Men in this film and later join them.
Inde Navarrette as Rogue
Now I think Inde is going to do a great job as Rogue; her performance in Obsession was groundbreaking. I haven't seen Obsession, but I will see when I get the chance. They say Rogue will not be on the X-Men team but will likely join later.
Adam Driver as Mr. Sinister
Now I think Adam Driver is a great choice for Mr. Sinister, and he's got the right type of voice. I think he will do a great job, and I think making Mr. Sinister the villain in the first film is a good move.
Sadie Sink as Jean Grey
Now, as we know, Sadie Sink played Jean Grey in Spider-Man: Brand New Day, and I think she did a good job, but I did not like how Jean was written film, like she does horrible things, especially that scene with Peter and MJ; it's so messed up. It's like she should have been punished for her crimes but got the misunderstood-villain trope. Maybe Marvel will recon that arc after Secret Wars, or they might reveal that Jean is actually Madame Pryor, but maybe not. I hope they fix Jean in the X-Men film. She will likely be a co-lead with Cyclops, but after Brand New Day I'm not sure she would work, because she did messed-up stuff in Brand New Day.
Now they have yet to cast Beast, Angel, or Gambit in the next film because they are also said to be in the X-Men film, so if I were to cast them. I would cast
Asa Germann as ArchAngel
Asa is rumored to be up for the role of Archangel in the film, and he did audition for Cyclops. I hope they do Angel right because he was wasted in Last Stand and Apocalypse.
Daniel Radcliffe as Beast
I think Daniel Radcliffe would be great for Beast. Also, I read that Charles Melton was in talks, but he dropped out over money issues, so he will not play Beast.
Harris Dickinson as Gambit
I know people want Austin Butler as Gambit, and I think he would be perfect for the Role, but my other choice would have to be Harris Dickinson.
So that's my thoughts on the X-Men casting, and I got to say I'm excited for this film, and I hope it's good. Also, I’m happy they are calling the film X-Men: Take That, Alonso.
But who knows? They might screw it up because the MCU hasn't been good lately- well, except for a few, but Marvel is trying to make it up to the fans. Let me know what you think of the MCU X-Men Cast.
















No comments:
Post a Comment