Tuesday, 18 August 2026

What the MCU should recon and reboot after Secret Wars

 

What the MCU should recon/reboot/recast after Secret Wars.

So recently, Kevin Feige said that the MCU will not get a full reboot/reset after Secret Wars, but there might be some projects they might reboot or even a few characters recast. So here is what I would recon/reboot/recast after Secret Wars.
Here's what I would reboot in the MCU.

5. I would reboot The Eternals.

Now, I wasn't the biggest fan of the Eternals, and, to be honest, I would have made Alpha Flight over them. However, I have heard rumors that Marvel wants to bring back Eternals sometime. I think they should reboot the Eternals, like reintroduce them, but make it more faithful to the comics and have the characters be more comic-accurate. Give us something that Jack Kirby would be proud of. 

4. I would reboot Taskmaster give us the real Taskmaster. 
Now I would give fans a proper Taskmaster, Anthony Masters, and I would have him appear in a future film. Basically, give fans the proper Taskmaster from the comics, not the one we got in Black Widow, since they should have just gone with Red Widow instead. 

3. I would reboot She Hulk.
I would reintroduce She-Hulk, but unlike the old show, this She-Hulk is more likable and doesn't come off as annoying. She's basically the Saul of the Superhero community. We need a proper She-Hulk in the MCU, not the one we got from those writers who never read the comics.

2. I would reboot Black Widow and Hawkeye. 
Now, since Jeremy Renner and Scarlett Johansson don't want to return, I would reboot these characters and recast them with new actors. I would even give Black Widow a new film that's better than the first film, and I would give Hawkeye a movie, maybe the West Coast Avengers. 


1. I would reboot Moon Knight and make him the Batman of the MCU.
I hated how Moon Knight was handled; he was more like Beta Knight, so that I would reboot the character. Look at Daredevil: Born Again, The Punisher special, and The Batman for an idea on how to do Moon Knight. I would make it more comic-accurate, and it does the character justice. Moon Knight would be on the sidelines, and his supporting cast would be back. I would use elements from the 2006 comics, Charlie Huston's run, and Warren Ellis's run for inspiration because my cousin loves Moon Knight, and he wants a proper Mister Knight. I would reboot Moon Knight. I'd be down to keep Oscar, but I would recast; to be honest, we need a proper Moon Knight adaptation.

Now here is what I would recon from the events of Phase 4 and Phase 5. 

5. I would recon Kang story arcs.
Since Kang was wasted, I would retcon his storyline as if it never happened, but instead introduce Kang in a future Avengers or Fantastic Four film. Give him a better buildup as a better villain. This is a character that I feel like can work as a big villain the character needs to be done right. 


4. I would recon the films Thor Love and Thunder and Ant Man Quantum Realm. 
I hated both of these films so much that I would recommend these films; they never happened after Secret Wars. What I would do is make Thor 5 a proper retelling of God Butcher, and as for Ant-Man, well, I would reboot the character again and give him a new storyline where Cassie is not the worst character. These two films need to be erase because they were the worst films in those franchises.  

3. I would recon Secret Invasion and make into a future Avengers film.
Secret Invasion was garbage so I would erase this project; it never happened, but I would release a proper Secret Invasion adaptation as an Avengers film that could lead into Dark Reign. We need a proper Secret Invasion. I mean, Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes did it better than the live-action show. 

2. I would recon certain events in WandaVision and Falcon and Winter Soldier. 
Now, these two shows, I would fix them, like Wanda enslaving an entire town and getting away with it. I would reckon that she did answer for that crime, and I would change the scene of Sam defending the Flag Smashers, too. He never defends them; in fact, he looks down on their actions for what they did to so many people. Again, John Walker did nothing wrong. 

1. I would have personally re-con T'Challa's death but I know they won't.
Personally, I would have re-con T'Challa's death because Secret Wars seems like the perfect idea of a reset, but no, Marvel and Ryan Coogler are determined not to recast T'Challa; they want to give it to the son, T'Challa Jr. It's very frustrating; it would just make it easier if they just recast after Secret Wars. It wouldn't disrespect Chadwick's memory but honor him. I mean, if Doomsday flops or gets bad write-ups, then Disney might say, "Okay, we are rebooting the MCU after Secret Wars." It could happen; just be ready, everyone. They might even tell David Johnson that he is now playing T'Challa son of T'Chaka now instead of junior. 

I would recast the biggest characters like Captain America, Iron Man, and Black Widow, and bring them back with new actors. Recasting is not insulting, but it just brings back those characters because everyone should have the right to play them. I would also make another Iron Man film. I would adapt Armor Wars because Iron Man should be in that story. Here is who I would recast in the MCU. 

Mason Dye as Steve Rogers/Captain America

Glen Powell as Tony Stark/Iron Man

Sophie Turner as Natasha Romainoff/Black Widow 

Harris Dickinson as Clint Barton/Hawkeye

Stephen James as Jim Rhodes/War Machine 

Nicholas Hamilton as Pietro Maximoff/Quicksilver

Sophie Thatcher as Wanda Maximoff/Scarlet Witch 

Patrick Schwartzengger as Moon Knight


Alexandra Daario as She Hulk
So that's what I think the MCU should recon, reboot, and recast. Let me know what you think? What do you think the MCU should recon, reboot, and recast after Secret Wars? Let me know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment