Wednesday 22 February 2023

Ant Man and Wasp: Quantumania Review

 

My Review of Ant-Man and Wasp
The Quantumania.
So I saw Ant-Man and Wasp: The Quantumania, and here's my review of it...It was meh. This was not a good start for phase 5. This movie's story was meh, and they removed many cast members from the previous ones. I will say the film's cast was good, and some of the visuals were good, but the story had a lot of issues. I think Cassie Lang, at first, was unlikeable. She wasn't that sweet little girl anymore, and she came off as unlikeable at first but became more likable. 

Like current marvel films, the film once again sidelines its main protagonist for a forced co-lead.
Marvel needs to phase out of this crap. One thing that annoyed me was Scott and Hope barely have any scenes together. Not to mention, Scott's three best buds aren't in the film, which sucks. 
As I mentioned, I also did not like how Cassie initially treated Scott. She was such a little brat to him at the film's beginning. I mean, for godsakes, your dad saved the world. Even Hope, Hank, and Janet agree with Cassie you people owe Scott for saving all of you. However, later film, they all do thank Scott for saving them from the snap.
 I get it. Scott hasn't been fighting crime or saving the world lately since Thanos, but I will admit I would have liked a scene of him stopping criminals. 
I read the comic version of Cassie Lang in the Young Avengers run. I liked that version more than the MCU version.
Like she loved her dad and looked up to him even when she got older and became a hero in her own right, Statue or Stinger. I did not like how Cassie was done in the film, but if you liked her, that's fine. She wasn't a scientist in the comics but more like her dad. 

However, the newest character was Kang the Conquer. Kang is the new Thanos. Jonathan Majors did a good job, and I've seen him play Kang before in Loki. I liked the costume; he was an interesting villain in the film. Let me tell ya. We see more of him in Kang Dystany. I hope it's good, and they make Kang an exciting villain and, hopefully, on the same level as Thanos.
Now the second villain is MODOK, a character. So many fans have wanted to see the character, but the CGI is not that good. In truth, MODOK is a complex villain to adapt on screen. As well, I feel like they wasted him in this film. However, he had some cool moments in the movie.
I hear Michael Douglas wants to be killed off in Ant-Man 4. 
He and Michelle Pfeiffer did a great job in the movie. 
Now the film dives into what happened to Janet during her time in the Quatumania realm. 
The Quatumania realm looked pretty cool, and the people there were interesting. However, this film was another set-up movie for the Kang Dystany movie. 
Overall this film was meh to me. Unlike No Way Home, Ragnarok, and Civil War, it wasn't as good a third film. I give Ant-Man 3 a 6 out of 10. It's okay. I mean, the film has a lot of issues, but if you like it, that's okay. 
Now I love the director Peyton Reed because I loved the episode of Mandalorian he directed where he brought back Luke Skywalker. I don't think he got a lot of creative control over this film, but I hear at Marvel Studios directors don't have freedom of control which is sad. 
The first end-credit scene is interesting, but the second one is lame. 
I just feel like Marvel Studios isn't that good anymore. Their winning streak is officially over unless Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 3 changes that. As well, I heard a rumor that Spiderman will be the lead in Kang Dystany. 











No comments:

Post a Comment